1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is the best Eric Gordon trade proposal you can come up with?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Honestly I'm more interested in getting Wall out of here. If wizards can get a bunch of expiring contracts for a rehabbing Westbrook, surely we can get that for a healthy Wall and get into FA sweepstakes one year earlier. I think Stone will get it done before the deadline, and Wall will play his ass off to get out of here.

Porter, Green, Christopher, Brooks with Augustin and Gordon is a good rotation with good vets.

clos4life likes this.
  2. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's worse in the fact that it's longer, but he's a younger, more productive player at a less redundant position. I think it's a fair proposal, but you are right that it probably benefits the Rockets the least. They should probably be targeting someone a little bit younger. Though, younger players on a max salary are pretty hard to come by. He has been healthy through his career, so he would probably be more tradeable (and he has been traded quite a bit).

3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Rockets get:

Jeremy Lamb (to be immediately bought out)
    Justin Holiday (to be immediately bought out)
    2022 -1st(Lotto Protected)

Pacers Get

Eric Gordon
    Daniel House

DreamShakeFTW likes this.
  4. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Pacers wouldn’t give up the first, but I’d do it without the pick.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I can’t get this to work in trade machine, but I really like it. All three teams get something valuable. Well done. Hats off to a trade offer on cf that actually seems reasonable.

Edit: I added Seth Curry to the deal and it works now. Not sure philly would want to give him up.

#105 don grahamleone, Sep 11, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    ApacheWarrior and Corpusfan like this.
  6. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Really don’t want that Harris contract. Be patient and get rid of Wall at deadline or next year at deadline. We want expirings for Wall not another albatross contract. Wall will probably get hurt this year anyway.

7. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

This is along the lines of what I was thinking. Some combination of Gordon/House/Augustine for Warren/Lamb/Sumner. IF Warren/Sumner are out for the season with injuries.
    House/Augustine for Lamb works to clear a roster spot (Another trade possibility).

Rockets save money. Pacers get rotation players for injured players.

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I see what you’re saying but he makes less than John Wall and will be 30 starting his last year on his contract. His contract is only one year longer than Wall’s and the trade frees up KPj to start at PG. Wall makes 47 million in his last year while Harris will be at 40 mil his last year.

Porter jr
    Green
    Harris
    Wood
    Theis

I think that might be better for us overall plus we get Maxey.

Corpusfan likes this.
  9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

6ers this long on shorts, short on longs? Need more help with big men without TH.

10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Just give him to Indiana for a future 2031 Second round pick and be done with it

ApacheWarrior and Corrosion like this.
  11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

It’s reasonable just not what I would do. I would rather forced wall into a 6 man role than take on Harris’ contract.

12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Lamb is coming off ACL Surgery and Holiday is as old as Gordon and not as good. House is better than Lamb (even when Lamb was healthy) and if the Pacers bomb the pick is protected (lotto). Most of the time if the protection is exercised then the pick converts to a future 2nd Round pick after that. Not a lot of risk on either side. The Rockets buyout both players, create roster spots to develop players & save $$$. Just an idea......

#112 TEXNIFICENT, Sep 11, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  13. hunterl0225

hunterl0225 Member

Also works if PHI adds Shake Milton, Paul Reed, Isaiah Joe to the deal --- this would rob them of depth, but Im sure Morey can pull off some chicanery to fill that 4 mil hole with unimportant players

don grahamleone likes this.
  14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Bringing back a player that has a large contract and more years than Wall is a terrible idea unless that guy is a true star.
    This just pushes the calendar back a year for when the Rockets can be players in FA as well as makes a mess of your 23/24 cap when you have to make a decision on Wood & KPJ extensions and you have an extra $40m on the books and likely in the tax as a result ..... Just so you can dump Wall from a team that expects to be bad. That doesn't make any sense to me. Its totally counter productive.

You are much better off for the future just riding that contract out to either next years trade deadline or seasons end where you have a $59m trade chip or $47.3m coming off the books.

The Cap for 23 and beyond needs to be kept as clean as possible .... This is when your window opens , no need to slam it shut before we get there.

xtruroyaltyx and don grahamleone like this.
  15. BreakYoSelfFool

Eric Gordon for a 1.5 Million dollar bag of chips and a 17million trade exception.

16. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Gordon for Rubio. Who says no?

17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I like rubio as an expiring contract but again I think if we do that Cleveland would want to unload Kevin Love's contract on us.

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

beyond the fact that he Rockets do not want that Harris contract….

I don’t think the 76ers do this. Harris has a crazy contract… but is really good and healthy and plays. Wall/Gordon haven’t proved they can stay healthy a whole year much less into the playoffs in forever. But even health aside, Sixers wound be giving up so much size. And sure everyone knows they need some real backcourt shooters/scorers/creators… but their size was pretty important to their defense which I believe was 2nd in the league in rating and the reason they were first in the East.

Or more simply… aren’t they a better team if they just 100% straight up did Simmons for CJ?

hunterl0225 and don grahamleone like this.
  19. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Delete

#119 red5rocket, Sep 12, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't know .... CJ is so bad defensively.

Sure he can shoot but isn't really much of a creator / offense initiator.

I think that trade might be a lateral move for Philly.

Now it might make Portland better .... with Dame handling the ball the vast majority of the time anyway and every crunch time possession. I think that's one situation where Simmons lack of shooting could be covered for.
    They do lose some shooting but its almost irrelevant , Dame is doubled more often than not with or without CJ & their defense & rebounding would definitely improve.
    If I were Portland , I might do it (Simmons for CJ straight up) , they are in a position where if they don't do something they'll likely have Lillard demanding a trade & be where we were last year. In making that deal , even if it fails they can move Simmons for additional assets should the worst happen.

don grahamleone likes this.