1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is the best Eric Gordon trade proposal you can come up with?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 20, 2021.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

The packaging material would have to be gauze and K-tape.

D-rock likes this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah maybe. I sent this to a Sixers friend and he was repulsed by it; he'd rather keep Simmons and Harris. So this might be the rare trade that both teams dislike!

burlesk and D-rock like this.
  3. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Their was a 3 way I trade I saw with Porzingus to Houston, Wall to Philly and Simmons to Dallas. Not sayings its a legitimate rumor, but others are thinking similarly.

That said IMO, I think the like Maxey alot and my guess is that Tate would have to be in the trade.

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Knicks get:

Eric Gordon
    Danuel House

Rockets Get:
    19th pick
    32nd pick

Tibbs gets two vets who could start or provide depth.
    Rockets get two more prospects out of a deep draft & save $$$

gtb, don grahamleone and banzai like this.
  5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Simple. Clean. Realistic.

EGo - Bertrans

6. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Would make alot of sense to me. You go ahead and draft green then and have. Kpj,green,tate,woods,turner starting 5

7. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

This is the best case scenario.

saleem likes this.
  8. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I like that for the Knicks. They need some firepower off the bench... that’s Eric Gordon.

don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  9. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Marcus Smart for Gordon could be done by the Celtics. I know he's one of their better defenders but Gordon would in theory provide comparable defense and an upgrade on offense in some respects. Perhaps revitalize that 6th man role in Boston. Would also go to the Eastern Conference to compete with other ex-Rockets. I tend to think Gordon is the better player of the two so this would be a negative deal in my opinion but could be done if just looking to deal Gordon and get a comparably worse player on a cheaper contract. Anything to remain under the LTS during tankathon would be motivation for Tillman in this case as Smart is $3 million cheaper this upcoming season. Celtics would do this because they're looking to shake things up in Boston with a new coach and GM change but don't want to shake things up too much by getting a comparable player who could be that extra oomph on offense entering the playoffs.

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Today there is a perfect EGo go-go trade op: Sumner, expiring, out for season. TJ Warren, expiring, healing slower than expected.

Ps believe they are set for a good season.

Ps reportedly have had EGo interest. This off season.

EGo’s salary fits. EGo’s style fits. Sumner gets cut, TJ heals at whatever time frame. More time on court for guys to get EGo’s minutes. TJ is very tradable in February, or July.

11. Jalen Green OnlyFan

EG for scrub + 1st round pick from knicks

12. HROZ

HROZ Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yewbobca

Opinion of this trade with a DP going to the Kings from the Mavs.

Kings
    Get Kleber Gordon House 1st Rd Pick
    Lose Hield Bagley

Mavericks
    Get Hield
    Lose Kleber Powell 1st Rd Pick

Rockets
    Get Bagley & Powell
    Lose Gordon House

13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I mean at this point what do we need back? I say we wait until there are possible injuries before using eric gordon's contract to acquire something we need at that time. There is no rush to trade him. He isn't a cancer in the locker room yet. He hasn't demanded a trade yet. Plus as much as everyone says he can't... the man can still shoot. He is no steph curry but he isn't Westbrook or John Wall terrible. If I'm Stone, I'm not rushing the situation at all. I'm waiting until at least the trade deadline where a contending team that has an injury at the two or to one of their shooters. Then you hold the bargaining chip and not the other way around.

don grahamleone, kjayp and burlesk like this.
  14. HROZ

HROZ Member

I really want to trade Gordon.
    As I think the longer we hold him
    The more SF minutes Green will need to play.

If we can make a roster spot in the trade that would be good too.

Apparently Exum is in the Bahamas with the Rockets & Brooks deserves a guaranteed contract.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Exum is often injured. He isn't needed despite his Olympic games performance. We already have Khyri.

16. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Eric Gordon + House for Fight Club on VHS I think is a fair trade. Kind of tired of having perpetually injured people on the roster.

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

Ego, Augustine, House for Love. clears the backcourt so KPJ and green can play more minutes at their natural positions. clears the logjam in Cleveland too. also preserves our cap space for 2023.

NewAge and tycoonchip like this.
  18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I've been saying this for a while now. However I would try to sneak John Wall in that trade first. I would much rather just do John Wall and House for Rubio and Love. Rubio's contract expires at the end of this season and Love's contract ends the same time as Wall and is 10 mil or so cheaper.

19. Garner

Garner Member

I’m zagging. Houston missed the window to trade Gordon and are now in a position to need him.

Gordon brings some incredible veteran presence to the team. He can be play 1 - 3 providing lineup flexibility. I think he’s the type of guy that can help you g players grow.

there is a reason Sacramento and minny suck. Ok, there are many, but for one they have no respectable vets around their lotto picks.

……or just trade him to philly after the summons saga ends, whatever

don grahamleone and NewAge like this.
  20. hunterl0225

hunterl0225 Member

PHI: John Wall, Eric Gordon, CJ Mccollum
    PDX: Ben Simmons
    HOU: Tobias Harris, Tyrese Maxey, ~4 mil worth of filler

Philly gets 3 creators who can actually score in a playoff series (and decent defense from Wall and Gordon). Portland gets to keep Dame and run it back with a new backcourt. I probably like this deal the least for us --- getting off of Wall AND getting an asset is huge, but the Tobias contract is even worse

s3ts, don grahamleone, Garner and 3 others like this.