1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. PWR

PWR Member

Crazy day on EFTR.
    Lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

vacq/rklb just hit $19. arghhh sold too early :(

3. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

i'm going to be patient with this. been too impatient with other plays that i thought biz was still doing well but share price failed to go up. (NET has doubled since i sold, now VACQ/RKLB is up 90%.)

4. PWR

PWR Member

5. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

what happened here? lol

6. PWR

PWR Member

What goes up, must come down...lol. Volatility was insane on this one. I was up +27% on it, and my stop/loss stopped me out at +17%.
    [​IMG]
    Were you in on it?

saitou and Sajan like this.
  7. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Well I'm solidly one of those guys/people that turned to daytrading during COVID and am likely to stay this way. Historically pre early 2020 i only traded long-term via fundamentals and basically did +/- what the market did.

Beginning with the pandemic, i started trying lots of stuff. Options, scalps, small caps, large caps, some shorting...

Ultimately I decided to stick with long only small caps. I can do the others, but am just trying to master one thing at a time.

2020 was more or less break-even for me as i learned technically trading.

2021 so far is solid if not "day trader AMAZING". My day trading account is up 86% ytd... which compared to how I'd normally do is amazing, but (1) that account is still only like 20% of my full account and (2) apparently in day trading you should be amazing and making 50% a day lol

I'm at my peak of knowledge and capabilities right now from where i started 18 months ago. Took the summer slow on purpose, then started juicing things up last 4 weeks. I still work a full time job, which makes it a little tough, and plan to continue to do that for the foreseeable future... i need to make like $10k on average per day before i would do this full time... which seems like a lot, but (a) you never know when you might have a big mistake, (b) taxes, (c) no benefits with this job... i am simultaneously far away from that, and not that far away (into solid 4 figure days already). Just a couple tweaks and I could be there... BUT i've found that since daytrading is 90% psychological, its not a race... everytime i try to kill it, it kills me. I focus on just trading smart, with a system as much as I can, and will slowly scale up in size and get better about taking the meat of the move.

I traded ATER, BBIG and EEIQ well this week.

Trading is fun, and I think technical trading should be taught to high schoolers way more. I plan to teach my kids this at high school age and if they can pick it up, fund them and let them go. I have definitely found that the young-in's that have less of a concept of a "job" and start with a small amount have much higher risk tolerance and if they "get it", then can do very well very fast. As a middle age adult that has busted his ass for his capital, generally more used to 10% a year than 10% a month (or day lol), I generally have low risk tolerance. I'd be more than happy for my kids to pick this up as their full time job and only have to focus on college for the social element and as a backup.

#17048 JayZ750, Sep 10, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    saitou and CCity Zero like this.
  9. CXbby

CXbby Member

Fly, you fools

September swoon

October boom

10. CXbby

CXbby Member

End of year rally to the moon

Also don’t forget when Rivian IPO

Short it until face is blue

It’s doomed

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

March-today I have seen a lot of new retail getting their clocks cleaned after getting used to the most ridiculous bull market of all time.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, I was only trading actively to take advantage of the few-times-in-a-lifetime-super-bull-market. And I launched off on huge Covid-bottom buys. Took a hit in March like everyone else but riding my way right back up. 3x over the market index the past year in the gambling account. IRA soaking up MSFT gains. Coinbase account flying. My index tracking 401k losing the matchup this year. Even my vehicles are have gained more value than my 401k this year, lulz.

But no, I still don't think I know what I'm doing lulz.

saitou, CCity Zero and Sajan like this.
  13. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

ZM looks to be at it's lowest point in a year. Good time to get in?

saitou likes this.
  14. icewill36

icewill36 Member

how do you guys feel about this supposed market crash looming ? lots of parallels to the 2008 crash right now.

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

2008 crash was home loan related. Next correction will be related to federal tapering.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Too easy to make money off MARA yesterday-today. Easy sniping action.

PWR likes this.
  17. PWR

PWR Member

INDP, nice morning.

[​IMG]

18. marky :)

marky :) Member

Went long on TELL.

Bought in at $2.95 and options for 2022/2023.

19. adoo

adoo Member

amidst this post-Labor Day stock market malaise / doldrum, nothing exciting, MSFT has announced a dividend hike and a $60B stock buyback,

[​IMG]
    bouncing off the recent lower trading channel, heading towards the upper channel, > 310

don't fight the trend, keep on riding this bullish trend

sold an Oct 305/295 bullish PUT spread​

saitou and Ziggy like this.
  20. PWR

PWR Member

This sucker is still going. Damn, I sold at $20...lol. Ran up to $28.82.