1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Like last year, we get no media coverage.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by noize, Nov 3, 2005.

1. noize

noize Contributing Member

I watched both of the NBA Fast Break half-time show and they didn't show any Rockets highlights whatsoever, but they did showed all of the other games that night! Its funny b/c at all of the panel picked the Rockets 2nd best out west in the beganning of the show, but they didn't bother to showcase the highlights.

This is pathetic, I stayed up until the very last segment of sportscenter,yes they put us towards the end, which was very late to get a glimps of the Rockets highlight...since I'm an out of towner and couldn't watch the game.

On an un-related note, Lebron is officaly the most hype basketball player ever. The kid is great, but since he drop 6 of 7 threes on the lowly Hornets, everyone thinks he will win the MVP this year, after one game non the less.

2. micah1j

micah1j Member

Who cares. I don't need ESPN glorifying the Rockets to know they won. :p

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I prefer the Rockets being under the radar. The last thing we need is this team buying into their own hype and taking crappy ballclubs lightly like they did last season.

4. Stephen1616

Stephen1616 Contributing Member

I havn't seen too many crappy ballclubs yet. Everybody looks pretty good. I think this is good for the Rockets. Every night is a match. no Gim'mes. i also found myself agreeing with JVG. There is not much of a difference in the amount of talent per team. Just how they use it.

5. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Of course, SportCenter gives like 10 minutes to Kobe/Phil and another 10 to Larry Brown in NYC. Whatever.

6. RareAir

RareAir Member

Can't even watch the highlights on nba.com after the game. they had all the other games that night, but not the rockets.

7. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

email

askespntv@espn.twdc.com

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I heard that line and thought the same thing. MVP after one game? Mention MVP along with Lebron, that is fine, but wait at least a little while.

9. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

LeBron deserves every bit of the hype. If T-Mac did the same thing last night, he would have gotten major hype too. I hope we stay under the radar until mid to late season.

10. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I tell you though, if you think we get no love, try being San Antonio. All they have done is won three titles in the last 7 years and they get ZERO coverage.

Just having Yao and T-Mac automatically gets us some coverage, but SA gets nada.

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Just typical Northeastern/LA bias. Nothing new here. It doesn't really bother me anymore.

12. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cash my friend. It rules.

Still, GO ROCKETS!

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

And just wait until the NBA Finals. Of course, I'm hoping the Rockets will represent the West, but let's be honest; the Spurs are the favorite. And only a Spurs-Cavs or Spurs-Heat Finals will get any attention.

Right now, David Stern is hacking into Ben Wallace's e-mail and sending Artest messages: "Your rap label sucks." "Stick to music, before I flatten your a$$." "Bring it, beeyotch, see you in Detroit, I'll jack-slap you so hard..." "Your mama (whatever).."

Detroit and Indiana Round II: The Fro vs. The Freak. Massive suspensions all around. No Pistons, no Pacers.

Stern doesn't want a Pacers-Spurs matchup. Even many of us NBA diehards would tune that out and go to the beach.

14. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

Yeah everybody really tends to trump up Shreveport more than it needs to be.

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

That may be true but at least they have their 3 championship rings with which to console themselves...

16. Billyp

Billyp Contributing Member

Thank You! Yes the kid is great but c'mon, you'd think he was Micheal Jordan after two years in the league. He just chucks up threes, happens to hit 6 of them, which I will give him credit for it's still amazing, and is automatically MVP. I hate/love Rockets vs Cavs games because Lebron gets all the coverage and hype (hate) and then T-Mac dominates him (love).

17. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

But could you imagine a Houston and Miami Finals matchup? There would be so many angles!

Van Gundy vs. Van Gundy
    Shaq vs. Yao
    Dwade vs. Tmac
    Mourning vs. Mutumbo
    Unstable pg vs. Unstable pg
    Two teams that made a huge trade in the same summer to acquire a superstar.

That'd be awesome.

18. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

I get it!

:D

19. ballgame

ballgame Member

Listening to Sports 610 AM is a TOTAL WASTE of time to hear anything Rockets! I know they're Texans 24/7 but turn on 790 AM and they are talking all things Dallas Cowboys!! Dallas Cowboys?? Give me Rockets in the Bahamas vs Cowboy talk

20. xaos

xaos Member