1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chet Holmgren

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by i3artow i3aller, Nov 13, 2020.

1. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

White guy. pass.

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Really?
    Pretty stupid statement

HTXSportsAddict, Ramo$e and King1 like this.
  3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

and a bit racist

4. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Chet is good. Very fluid and great defensive upside. Banchero looks very good too with elite skills with an elite body (though he may just be an early bloomer). But I still think that Emoni Bates will be the best prospect since Luka. That guy makes Chet looks like he's running in jello. Just a shame that we'd have to tank 2 more years for a shot at him.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

“When gambling I have a saying: always bet on the bigger blacker guy.”

- Norm MacDonald. :D

6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Personally don’t see it with Bates, he’s as frail as Chet and not near as long. Similar athleticism.

7. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Build is a bit overrated in the modern area imo. KD looks like a mop and he's still one of the best scorers of all time. Length + skill + fluidity is still where it's at for me. Plus Bates for me looks like he can fill out a bit more than Chet or KD. He's long but not freaky long like them. It's the skill and handle that does it for me.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that’s fair. Chet handles and quickness is off the charts too

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Bro this is wrong lol

Kevin Durant as a rookie weighed 215 pounds. Now he weighs 240 he put on 25 pounds of muscle since his rookie years. When he was a rookie KD wasnt really finishing in the paint like he is today.

10. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Is it really though? Since Larry bird, name me 1 good American born white guy?

Europeans don't count.

11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Kevin Love

Regardless, it’s a racist ass statement.

Would you be ok with someone saying they didn’t want a black QB because historically they don’t win?

Do better.

12. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Well s*** guys random internet guy says we shouldn't draft white guys any more so I guess thats that. Good thing your not a Jazz fan.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Even the Jazz don't have any. Ingles is Australian and they moved him to the bench.

14. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Kevin Love honestly was hyped up cuz he was white, but his monster numbers in Minnesota didn't really produce many wins. Then he was an after thought in Cleveland. Putting up crazy numbers on worst teams in the league doesn't really do much for me.

Your argument is totally different. We've had a large sample size of white basketball players and not a lot with black qbs.

But just in the last ten years Wilson and Mahomes have won so your argument holds no weight,

As an Asian I wouldn't be offended if you told me not to draft an Asian cuz it's true. Not everything is racists. The chances of Chet becoming a super star are slim to none.

#94 RHU525, Sep 9, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  15. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

I could literally list a thousand white guys who were good players after Larry Bird. How about I start with one from the Jazz. John Stockton. Your racist bro might be time to deal with it.

HTXSportsAddict and cmoak1982 like this.
  16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You’re an idiot.
    And your argument is stupid, two guys in Wilson and Mahomes have won in the last 10 years so that makes it different?

So all it takes is 2 white guys to make them elite in the NBA?

17. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Stockton great player definitely overlooked him. But how many after him became superstars and number 1 pick worthy. When I watch Chet I see Porzingis and no one in the league even wants Porzingis anymore. I'm sorry if you think that's racist but I've seen a large enough sample size of tall white guys become busts in this league. For every Stockton I can name you 20 busts. From Jimmy Fredette, to Frank Kaminsky to Tyler Zeller list goes on and on.

chances are he becomes a frank kaminsky type player or he's a dude that sticks in the league for years but never becomes on a star. Im willing to bet you $100 bucks he will not be the best player in the draft. Heck he may not even be top 5 if everyone who reclassified can be drafted.

18. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

No because like I said, black qbs haven't really been a thing for as long a period of time. If there were 2 superstar white guys in the league today I would gladly draft Chet. He won't be the best player in the draft, if I'm drafting 10 I'll take him, no way I take him top 5.

Basketball is a sport where supremes athleticism prevails that is just a fact. When I watch Chet play he doesn't have off the chart athleticism. He's also not a guard who can play with change of pace like Luka. Maybe I should have said that instead of the white comment. Sorry if that offends you.

19. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Im guessing your about 15 years old. How about Steve Nash 2 time mvp of the league? Is that recent enough for you? Oh wait he's Canadian lol. Bro you made a stupid naive and racist comment. Own up to it.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  20. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I said American born. Steve Nash doesn't count. There have been tons of foreign born players. Dirk, Gasol brothers, Ginobili, Nash, Luka, Jokic. If he was foreign I'd take a chance on him. They coach differently outside the US and play more fundamental basketball or something cuz those players succeed. Here is iso 1 on 1 all day.

Im sorry if you think that's racist but that's just the truth. Even Kevin Love if you want to call him a star was over 12 years ago. There hasn't been anyone since. Alex Caruso maybe the best white player in the league but he's not a number 1 pick.

There are plenty of good role players but just nothing worth taking number 1.