1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is more likely to win a chip first?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Calm down. Day 1 has not happened yet.

RKREBORN likes this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

If option A has a 0% chance of winning then option B automatically has a better chance even if its unknown. At worst you will draw with both having 0% chance of winning.

Sixers have 0 chance to win a ring, not with Lakers, Brooklyn and Bucks all contenders. People sleeping on Clipps but they still there as well. I know they have some chsnce of winning a ring but realistically that chance is 0. Good player+solid team wont cut it anymore otherwise Jazz would meet Sixers in the Finals and then beat them in 7 games.

Salvy likes this.
  3. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Not you thinking that Simmons is better than Green...

Make a pick

4. Salvy

Salvy Member

So I guess Green is pathetic until he is a proven one of the options above? I don't think KPJ, Wood, KMJ, Tate, Green or Sengun are pathetic.... All have accomplished a lot for their young age and show tons of promise. Some will live up to it, some wont... But to say The Rockets are pathetic from the ownership to the players is not rational....

fattz likes this.
  5. amaru

amaru Member

Hopefully Jalen will pan out but up to this point all he’s done is play in a few meaningless exhibition games. Simmons, oth, is a multi time all star who was a serious DPOY candidate.

Fans always tend to do this when an all star player underperforms. Simmons has gone from overrated to underrated

RKREBORN and theDude like this.
  6. amaru

amaru Member

You’re either being intentionally obtuse or lack reading comprehension skills.

7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'd bet on the 76ers before the Rox....

Idk that either teams current trajectory will lead to a chip...

but i'd bet on Morey building a championship team over cheap ass Frittata every day of the week...

that doesnt mean my Rox allegiance is any less...

but it is what it is...

RKREBORN likes this.
  8. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

thats our Achilles heel is the owner's cheapness. Puts us at a severe disadvantage.

kjayp likes this.
  9. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Sixers had the best record in the East while the Rockets had the worst in the entire league. They still need to do some tweaking, but we have to build an entire team before we can even think about making those smaller adjustments. I’m not saying they will beat us there, but they are far more likely.

Unless they trade us Simmons for Wall, in which case it becomes a dead heat.

fattz and kjayp like this.
  10. fattz

fattz Member

Oddly Wall fits their needs, timeline & he is on a shorter term contract, too. Simmons works well here being younger, versatile and locked in. Only draw backs is what has recently came out about Simmons’s work ethic. Don’t need that around our younger generation.

theDude likes this.
  11. theDude

Supporting Member

I would still consider a salary-for-salary swap. I’m not too keen on a lot of picks thrown in our end.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sixers would do better to Trade Embiid and Simmons
    and Tobias Harris if anyone will take that contract

Rocket River

13. theDude

Supporting Member

Are you suggesting a complete rebuild following one poor playoff performance? Seems like a slight overreaction.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't think they got the Motts on their team
    I don't think Embiid can lead a team
    Simmons is already gone
    Harris is a Good #3 but not a good #2

Rocket River

theDude likes this.
  15. theDude

Supporting Member

I can’t really disagree with that, but I think I would wait to see what the Simmons return is and then re-evaluate. They might be able to get a true leader that’s good enough to make Harris a #3, then they could stay the course. Just getting a bunch of picks would likely be seen as a setback and might mean a change to their plan.

harold bingo and Rocket River like this.
  16. Fefo

Fefo Member

Wall fits no one needs.

17. Fefo

Fefo Member

This thread, i swear, every couple weeks, there comes a post that is as dumb as they come, but still caughts you by surprise.

18. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

It’s actually not that dumb.
    Nets window is next 3 years.
    Bucks window is at least that long, assuming they don’t lose a bunch of talent.

so if you break it down this way, you can argue Rockets are in better position long run:

In three years, where will Embiid be physically? He’s not all that reliable health wise already. That contract is huge. Simmons is on his way out and Sixers will have tough time getting a good return.

Rockets have a lot of good young talent. If they suck this year, they could end up with another high pick. In two more years, those picks (this years and next) could start showing their stuff.

so if you think of the question in phases (next 3 years vs next decade) you can argue Rockets are in better spot. Because if the sixers don’t win in the next three years, we very well could have MORE and YOUNGER top talent. Meanwhile, in those next three years, sixers have to face a top heavy East and West.

do you think the sixers are likely to win in the next three years? If not, then why is it such a ridiculous thread?

19. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Not with his contract. He can still offer teams plenty. But not enough to justify his contract.

Fefo likes this.
  20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Okay take dem Rockets glasses off.

76ers chances aren't zero to win a ring. They are currently in a better position than we are, since we have yet to have a full season or any real games where our rookies are in actions.

It isn't if option a is zero than b is automatically better. That is because option a isn't zero because it isn't true.

A was superior to B last year, therefore your logic is wrong.
    Using another weird ass logic of yours
    Good player+solid team wont cut it anymore, our team isnt even solid yet, we literally just finished tanking a season.

Sixes r contending we arent. If it's stays this way and nothing changes, logically 76ers will earn a ring first.