1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he can even sue on the false accusation of promotion.

What did you have for Lunch?
    A Big Mac.
    (Not a promotion but a statement).

What did you have for Lunch?
    A Big Mac, it's delicious, I encourage everyone to eat one.
    (a promotion)

It's not hard to prove that they were making false statements on him.

Clearly they would not do this to some non celebrity because as I always said

Cable News is about MONEY and viewership.

Joe Rogan, the Kardasians, etc
    those names brings viewership regardless if you like or dislike them

2. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

For what it's worth, I am not completely against ivermectin. I think there is a non-zero chance that it can help with covid19. There is enough data out there to warrant further studies.

However, what you wrote there is not true. Ivermectin for animal use came out in 1981 and approved for Onchocerciasis in human in 1988. Avermectin and ivermectin were first developed for animal use, not human use.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3043740/
    https://www.acs.org/content/acs/en/education/whatischemistry/landmarks/ivermectin-mectizan.html

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

CAN BE . .. is a far cry from WILL BE

That is my point. .. . ..sure we could take care of it
    but we won't

Rocket River

4. Gioan Baotixita

Taiwan Taiwan Taiwan

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

There seems to be a general sense of
    THROW EVERYTHING AT IT

Then if you survive pick the one you liked best

Rocket River

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't regularly listen to Rogan or CNN, so I can't say who's right or wrong on this. Rogan does seem to promote unproven alternative treatments/prevention for COVID and skepticism over proven vaccines, from the few clips I've seen. When he says "This is what I took" on his platform, that has the effect of promotion, whether he specifically tells his audience to do the same or not.

As for CNN and Acosta, I searched and couldn't find the thing Rogan is referring to -- that they referred to him ingesting horse dewormer, specifically. If what they said was something along the lines of "Rogan said he took Ivermectin, commonly used as a horse dewormer, to treat his COVID even though the FDA specifically recommends against this", surely that isn't defamation, even if he thinks it is unfairly slanted.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Because you once again made a false claim and have absolutely nothing to back it up. So....either admit you just pulled crap out of your ass or show some proof that the Japanese government ordered doctors to use ivermectin.

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Those 2 posters do share the same birthday.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

That doesn't count as the legal term of promotion. It's also very obvious they are targeting him because of his popularity.

If I was on TV and said " I ate a Big Mac " you can't say I promoted Big Macs.
    However if I said "I recommend everyone eat a Big Mac" that's promotion.

It's not like CNN has not been sued before and lost. Didn't they pay off that kid last year for falsely saying they were antagonizing people?

10. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

11. durvasa

Sure you can. The dictionary definition of "promote" is: "further the progress of (something, especially a cause, venture, or aim); support or actively encourage." Even if he's not explicitly recommending others do it, you can still say he's encouraging it, supporting it, furthering the progress of it, etc. This all counts as "promotion".

This is the clip he is referring to, I guess, to put it in context (mentions Rogan at 0:40):

Acosta referred to Ivermectin as "the livestock dewormer Ivermectin". You can say that's an unfair characterization, since it also has legitimate FDA-approved uses for humans (COVID treatment NOT being one of them). But this isn't, strictly speaking, a lie, so I don't see how Rogan can point to it as defaming. But I could be wrong on the merits of such a case.

12. Gioan Baotixita

Thank you for posting this, I was going to and you beat me to it. If you read the report closely, there were interests in the human use of this drug in the mid 70s after the discovery of the Japanese microorganism that leads to Ivermectin.

It is true that it was first introduced for animal use in 81 and later on for use in human for river blindness in 88, but the inventors’ desire for human use was evident in the mid 70s.

Excerpt: In reality, ivermectin’s role in human medicine effectively began in April 1978 inside the Merck company.

I was not off when I said it was developed for humans first. Many drugs will make strange twists and turns.

I have no problem with you thinking this drug is not effective against Covid, I have many doctors and researchers that will disagree with you.

My problem is with the dishonest media and the powers that be who are actively using a smear, fear, misinformation campaign against this marvelous drug that does make a huge positive difference in the lives of many poor people worldwide.

Many of you in here are willingly to go along with this abomination, and many of them know absolutely nothing about this drug. At least you took time to share and educate even though you don’t think it helps against Covid.

I believe we have to use everything in our toolkits to fight this pandemic.

#8252 Gioan Baotixita, Sep 8, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
  13. tinman

Supporting Member

He's promoted things before, but I don't think has PROMOTED IVERMECTIN specifically

Just like I say 'I saw DMo play'
    doesn't equate to ' I think DMo can help the Rockets'

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Fauci calling the kettle black.

15. Gioan Baotixita

How do you know it is false? People in here make false claims about Ivermectin on a daily basis, I don’t see you asking them for proof of what they’ve claimed.

I’ll tell you what, why don’t you get all the proofs from posters here who made false claims about Ivermectin, and then maybe I will entertain what you’re asking me.

16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Jesus told me. You gonna question Jesus?

I dare you to question Jesus. You will rot in hell.

London'sBurning likes this.
  17. durvasa

Because you or I saying "I saw DMo play" doesn't affect anything.

Rogan, with his podcast, has one of the biggest media platforms on the planet. When he says something, it does affect how people think about stuff. A passing reference to using a product on the air, with decent results, has a promotional impact.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  18. Gioan Baotixita

The fact that the “Keebler Elf” had killed many gay men in the 80s does not bother you guys here?

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Legally, he didn't promote anything. This is the same thing as someone suing the Kardasians for an allergic reaction to lip enhancers.

also if someone takes Ivermectin and does not listen to Joe Rogan, is that Joe Rogan's fault?

The Coyote fell off a cliff every time he chased the road runner.

Nobody has sued the coyote when they slip off a cliff.

20. Gioan Baotixita

Good for you. I love Jesus