1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gerald Green a Rocket again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by alexcapone, Nov 30, 2020.

1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Honestly wish Gerald Green is a Billionaire and Buys the Rockets.

He literally will do anything to get this Team Better.

2. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Three million under the cap, someone gotta go, make way for the mayor baby.

AroundTheWorld and groovemachine like this.
  3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

only regret is not having the mayor on the roster to beat harden's fat disrespectful ass. the mayor would have annihilated that fool for disrespecting houston rockets.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Funny. harden was the main reason the rockets took a look at him in the first place when he was sitting at home jobless bc nobody wanted him. Lol at this fake garbage

5. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

6. TimDuncanDonaut

Former Rockets guard Gerald Green reportedly works out for Houston

"It appears that Monta Ellis isn’t the only former NBA guard to work out for the Rockets in recent days. Per Kelly Iko of The Athletic, former Houston guard Gerald Green also worked out for his old team.

Now 35 years old, Green averaged 10.3 points (36.0% on 3-pointers) in 21.1 minutes per game with Houston during the 2017-18 and 2018-19 seasons. The 6-foot-5 sharpshooter did not play in the 2019-20 season after fracturing his foot in the preseason, and he was released by the Rockets after the 2020-21 preseason due to a lack of roster spots.

A native Houstonian and fan favorite at Toyota Center, Green hasn’t played in the NBA since his release by the Rockets. Should he get another call from his hometown team, expect him to jump at the opportunity.
    "
    Ben DuBose
    https://sports.yahoo.com/former-rockets-guard-gerald-green-180122061.html

7. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Gerald Green should sign with a Contender instead.

But If he signs with Rockets how can he keep a Roster Spot on the Rockets.

Unless Rafael Stone is working on a trade, to trade Danuel House elsewhere, get Gerald Green to help out the Rookies.

amaru likes this.
  8. vince

vince Member

The Rockets need positive veterans. Disgruntled or salty veterans don’t mesh well for the influx of young players on the roster.

Green is such a Rockets fan, he would be giddy getting back on the team. I would think Gordon, Wall, House are all being shopped around the league. Veteran leadership cannot be overstated, it’s integral in the development of young players.

I think Green, granted he can still play, will help build the new culture around the new guys. That is, if he signs and earns a roster spot.

9. JW86

JW86 Member

I get why it was put in this thread, but you almost gave me a heart attack thinking we signed him again, in a good way...came away disappointed a bit. You made me believe :(

10. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

I'd rather Green be our Veteran presence for the young fella instead instead of E. Gordon, all he gone teach them how to do is cry and throw their hands up every time they think they been fouled..

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yep. GG is always having fun. EG not so much.

Ben Frank likes this.
  12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Gerald Green can help out the Younger players I agree maybe in the future Once Gerald Green Retires, I want him as a Assistant Coach.

He has that Charisma and a Positive Personality to help younger players.

Rafael Stone is definitely keeping on eye on Gerald Green progress, his foot looks healed, looks healthy and playing well, in summer basketball.

BlastOff and Crashlanded19 like this.
  13. Denovo

Denovo Member

Just keep Gerald Green around the way Miami did Haslem. Great for the locker room.

14. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Can’t have Green along with all of the other old guys. This team desperately needs to move some people, especially at guard, before they even consider bringing on someone else. There needs to be some subtraction ASAP. Having said that, hell yeah I want Green over Gordon or House!

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If you can manage to dump several players like Wall, Gordon, and House then it would be fun to have Green back...but I really wouldn't want him playing till garbage time.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  16. bj3175

bj3175 Member

you wrong lol

Ben Frank likes this.
  17. Franchise 101

Franchise 101 Member

A man can't ever be honest without toxic responses and vendetta, stop harboring hate.

18. Newlin

Newlin Member

Just make him the catch and shoot coach. He and Bullard can organize the three point shooting contests.

19. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

I'm sure he'll be showing them how it's done in practice:

"Lookie here rookie, all you do is raise your arms, mouth and eyes wide open, spin and twist....can you do that for me?"

[​IMG]

Easy likes this.
  20. JW86

JW86 Member

As soon as a spot opens up, give it to the man!