1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LaMarcus Aldridge retires from NBA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 15, 2021.

1. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Bosh and Mobley tried to do the same thing. There are other NBA players I recall that had to sit the year — I believe bosh sat a year then returned, maybe it was someone else.

Sorry Hakeem, but this is a stupid take. He did not fake an injury for money. He was diagnosed by team and his own doctors.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  2. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

And he’s only making 2.6m…after making 207m over his career…he’s coming back for 2.6??? Which is really only like 1.5… dude… bad take

vlaurelio likes this.
  3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Caleb will be so proud of you

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

cmon this is not even sharp thinking...i am not even bother refuting it

btw of course my stance is just a speculation but the fact that i actually predicted what will happen makes it almost impossible to refute my points

6. Buck Turgidson

This is comically lame.

eta: and the rest of your posts are even worse.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  7. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

What’s not sharp thinking?

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'll humor you.

What would be the motivation of LMA retiring on a best-chance-at-a-ring Nets team? If one was stuck on a crap team or in a crap situation and had no way out except for retiring, then I guess I could see a player pulling extreme stuff like that.

But, it's not like he retired from a Magic team or a Pistons team, and all of a sudden, can play again but only for the Nets or Lakers or Bucks or any other team with championship aspirations. He was literally on a team with Harden / Durant / Irving and a team that could give him the best chance to win a ring. And, you ready for the best part? He could have literally sat out the rest of the season after playing his 5 or so games and the Nets would have still rolled everyone.

So, again, why would LMA retire after 5 games on a team that gives him the best chance at a ring? Doesn't make any logical sense to retire, unless...omg, unless he actually had to!

As far as money goes, he signed a 1 year deal worth 2.6M. Aka, the vet min. If it was a money thing, he'd go to another team for more money. The Bulls had interest and a big need for the PF position - I'm willing to bet that Chicago would have thrown more money at LMA, than the Nets could.

Btw, I'm not sure how you "win this debate" when you literally said nothing of substance.

#88 Juxtaposed Jolt, Sep 7, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
    Jayzers_100 and Kevooooo like this.
  9. i3artow i3aller

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Wait, did he even play at all this season?

clos4life likes this.