1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rockets Rookie Cards

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mdinc14, Sep 4, 2021.

1. CertifiedTroll

Blue Eyes White Dragon

2. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Way too early to tell. Both could end up busts.
    Jalen Green has 0 pts 0 mins and 0 contributions to the Rockets Franchise. He might be shipped off to Orlando or Toronto in a year or two in a Mcgrady type of deal for all we know.
    Heck the guy has already shown that his hamstring might be an issue.
    I am waiting at least a couple years to claim Jalen Green the next Rockets Messiah. We'll see how good his work ethic really is. All I see from his social media is some depressed Emo Garbage and a bunch of pics of him sitting down instead of offseason work outs. Respect is Earned not Given.
    That Jalen Green rookie card might be worth as much as a Royce White or Sam Dekker card.

3. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Hell no.

This is disrespectful af

4. Landry's Tooth

I've talked to a lot of other dealers, especially at the Dallas shows in Allen... people are hoarding and sitting on prizm rookies... as soon as a small dip happens the dealers are unloading them... then prices will crash...

The price is the last one sold. When hundreds hit ebay at the same time the price drops and so more get dumped out of fear of getting a loss... people would rather make 200 off their 2k than lose 1k... it's greed..

It's a cycle but the money is worse this time...

bloodwings19 likes this.
  5. mdinc14

mdinc14 Member

I noticed there a few numbered cards in that listing. For example, the Khyri card is a one of one with an autograph. Given coaches tendencies to play more experienced players over rookies, while a guy like Wall might get shut down or a guy like Gordon may get traded - I feel like Khyri is in that sweet spot where he’s got some experience and played well last year + he’s not too old where he would get shut down or traded. Martin is also interesting too. Both guys could be taking leaps. 5 numbered auto rookies + 2 Porter Jr Rookies that are PSA 10. I guess it depends on if you are bullish on these guys for this upcoming year or not. And with offers seems like you would be able to get it for less than asking. I think guys like Christopher and Garuba will be in the G-League this year while Green and Sengun will work their way into rotation minutes in year 1. I think the 2nd year rockets are the ones to keep an eye on.

6. mdinc14

mdinc14 Member

brooklyn looks like a lock to win the chip this year if healthy. Durant will probably be mvp but I think harden will finally get some love after winning and his cards should be worth a little more afterwards.

ThatboyPhuong likes this.
  7. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Firstly, I do this as a hobby. The lot price at best is worth $100. I guarantee that if you bring that lot to a card show anywhere, no one will buy the lot. 1/1 printing plate autograph is not that sought after. Card flipping is buy low, sell high and K.Thomas fits that except he is not a starter.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234164219496?hash=item3685466e68:g:Uc8AAOSwp~1hLDIv this is a steal even with the shipping price. If he becomes starter, this card will be in the 200-300. Buy silver prizm rookie, #/d Prizm, #/d Optic, or #/d Select base rookie, if you can find cheap. Gold #/10 is the most sought after color ever in basketball cards, any gold is going to get some good change. Right now, any #/d KPJs are too pricey now.

K.Durant rookie cards go higher than Harden if the Nets win championship unless Beard does what Durant did last postseason.

8. Salvy

Salvy Member