1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Off-Season

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 4, 2021.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I have already said I like Culley as a leader of men. I’m willing to give him a shot. Just personal preference is one of the potential young hotshots.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And what is your proof he is a "puppet"? Just because he got the opportunity you didn't think he deserved? Again, 30 year veteran coach is not going to be someone's puppet getting the opportunity he always wanted. He is going to take the ball and run with it and make the most of his shot.

eliefor3 and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

I’m not saying you’re wrong, I am praying for the best (and am a delusional homer at times)

but you should give motivational conferences like tony Robbins with how optimistic you are about everything Texans related

even when I disagree with you (which has been quite a bit lately) I appreciate your optimism

cmoak1982 likes this.
  4. conquistador#11

To give the illusion of having "competition" for their
    'compete everyday' manta borrowed from one
    [​IMG]

"We are not Patriots South. We're the Texans way." -Cal

5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Texans interviewed Brady (twice) I believe and rumor has it he backed out after he found out about Watson’s sick behavior. But he was the choice. Could be in the future as well.

Eric B was interviewed but wasn’t chosen because he wants part roster control. And no other team hired him either again for 3 years in a row now I think??

And just to clear things up….this is #BDN show he’s running things not Cal and not Easterby.

Caserio has complete and total control.

6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Brady
    McCown
    Pep?

Are just a few options of potential HCs to look out for whenever the Texans are ready to make a move.

7. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I hated the Culley hire, but I like him as a guy and a coach. This organization is a train wreck, so whoever they hired probably wasn’t going to win right away, and Culley probably doesn’t have many years left in him anyway. If he can move them out of disaster status, then that’s a job well done, and maybe all he was ever really hired to do.

8. Damion Laverne

Why the hell would you hire a 60+ year-old who has never been a head coach anywhere? That's a major red flag.

And WR production has not been good at most of his stops.

clos4life and javal_lon like this.
  9. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Wait! You ACTUALLY consider Adam Gase to be an "innovative" head coach? You simply cannot be serious! That guy is a moron who had absolutely no business getting either job at the Dolphins or Jets. At least Culley isn't a certified ass-clown like Gase - I'll give him that. And as for Patricia? Pulease! The only good thing I can say about his performance at the Lions is that it offeres dramatic proof that you simply cannot "export" the "Patriot Way" without including Bill B.

You are correct in that Culley leaves the actual coaching to the ones who are qualified to do so because he simply wasn't hired to do otherwise.

10. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Bingo! To which I'd like to add that this job does give Culley the opportunity to cash in (finally) and for that I'm happy for him. But let's not pretend (as you pointed out) that a guy with his "qualifications" was the best man for the job because that's clearly not the case. This was not a football decision because had it been so, Bieniemy would have gotten more consideration instead of the cursory one he received. No, Cal and Jack wanted someone who was no threat to them and Culley fit the bill perfectly.

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Gase was hired as a "innovator" based on his performance as an OC. He was a disaster as HC in Miami and NY.

12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I'm glad you can just dismiss a man because he doesn't fit your ideal for a coach.

NO ONE IS A THREAT TO CAL MCNAIR, he is the owner. Caserio hired Culley, not Jack Easterby. Bienemy is so good, but every team passes on him.

Bobbythegreat and Rudyc281 like this.
  13. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

[​IMG]

B-Bob, clos4life and conquistador#11 like this.
  14. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

We all know this current Texans coaching staff isn't a permanent solution. They should probably look at that new Alabama OC, it seems like he can call a good game if we are to go by todays results.

15. Buck Turgidson

The old Alabama OC looked pretty good too.

16. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

17. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

All aboard Team Tyrod

:(

18. Buck Turgidson

Blatz likes this.
  19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member