1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UT and OU Reaching Out to Join SEC

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by MadMax, Jul 21, 2021.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

actually homeboy Fertitta

@Reeko

2. Buck Turgidson

UH kept UH out of the BigXII when it was formed, with help from Baylor politicians. They brought literally nothing to the table: facilities, fan support, tv viewers, recent success on the field/court (hoops hadn't made it out of the 1st tourney round since PSJ and football was in the middle of a full-blown implosion), nada.

arkoe, Ziggy, gucci888 and 1 other person like this.
  3. tinman

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Buck Turgidson and Ziggy like this.
  4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Honestly I'm not trying to knock on UH. Some of their fans can be insufferable but as a Houstonian, I'd be ecstatic to see them in a P5.

Buck Turgidson and tinman like this.
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm happy for baby bro too
    @Ziggy

Ziggy likes this.
  6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No it was small penis UT administrators who could handle being outperformed by "Cougar High".

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Nobody at UT at any time period ever thought of UH
    Same with A&M
    @Ziggy

we just don’t dude. It’s shows because you are on a UT thread and we rarely go on a UH thread

we’re the Rockets and you’re the Rio Valley Vipers

Ziggy likes this.
  8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I love the rumors about the new schools to the Big XII. Love UH and Baylor in the same conference.

9. Buck Turgidson

Well, certainly not since 2001 when UH couldn't figure out how to install bleachers that wouldn't collapse.

Brando2101 and rockbox like this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

Lol

11. MadMax

Let’s discuss. …this new BigXII. From a football and mens hoops standpoint, I’d take the teams in that 12 over the Pac 12. Thoughts? Don’t talk to me about media markets or money that won’t be in my account. Teams on the field and court. The PAC 12 is a shell of itself, and it’s missing an opportunity to grab the few schools that might actually move the needle for it.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Hoops - Big 12 is FUN if they add those teams. BYU brings it in hoops too. Football? Meh.

13. MadMax

I’m just saying compared to PAC12. They’re better all the way around in football than the PAC12 right now. They would have two teams ranked higher than any 1 from the PAC

14. Buck Turgidson

IF Iowa State can keep Campbell away from the B1G/SEC and Cincy can keep Fickell away from everybody, IF Patterson can get TCU back on track, IF Baylor and Tech and UH can rebuild their programs, IF Gumby keeps OSU competitive, IF Klieman and Brown can replicate small school success at bigger schools....

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, that's just a lot of IF's in the short and long term.

Brando2101 and HTXSportsAddict like this.
  15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

MadMax likes this.
  17. MadMax

Again, the comparison is with the PAC12. As it stands right now, the 12 of this rumored BigXII is a better collection of football teams than the PAC12.

18. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

UH is going to be running that conference in 10 years.

DonnyMost, Hippieloser and hieuytran like this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

BYU, Cincinnati, Houston and UCF have emerged as the Big 12’s expansion choices and the league could extend official invitations by the end of this month, sources told The Action Network.

“The league has decided to focus on those four and right now no one else is being targeted,” a source said.

As far as its new league members, the Big 12 prefers to add all-sports members and not football-only members, a source said.

“There’s no definitive date (when the official invites would be extended), but I think it’s better it happens in September, rather than later on,” a source said. “Particularly with those four (BYU, Cincinnati, Houston, UCF).”

After BYU, Cincinnati, Houston and UCF, the next four schools that previously received the most consideration from the Big 12 were Boise State, Memphis, SMU and USF, sources said.

Although several other schools contacted the Big 12 about potential membership, no other universities other than those eight were seriously considered, a source said.

The most important factors the Big 12 is considering for its expansion candidates are “TV audience, football relevancy and certainly market size is a factor,” a source said. “Men’s basketball brand also is extremely important. The Big 12 is one of the best — if not the best basketball league in the country.”

The Big 12’s decision was based “75 percent on (the school’s) football success and 25 percent (men’s) basketball,” a source said.

20. MystikArkitect

When you say metro kids, you mean athletes? And weren't they already leaving to Bryan? Who says yeah I totally want to go to Norman?

If the B12 stays together with UH in it, it'd be worse for both A&M and UT. That's one more competitor for talent and the only advantage they really have is gone (P5 conference). Now it's "but we're the best conference".

The A&M/Texas rivalry game will be the best thing going for them.