1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

666 new Texas laws go into effect Sept1

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amiga, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Strongly disagree.

Women who have been stabbed and gave birth have claimed that giving birth is more painful. The only reason most women can endure it is because the pregnancy was planned where they know they have the financial support and believe they are emotionally ready for motherhood so when they are giving birth they can endure that pain because they are thinking of the future life they are about to have with a new child.

But for a girl who got knocked up through consensual sex especially when they are teens and believe they aren't ready emotionally and financially, they feel the full brunt if a pain more powerful than a stab wound.

So no, just because a girl wasn't raped, doesn't mean she can't be scared shitless of child birth. So no, enduring something equivalent of being stabbed is not a "inconvenience".

You are showing severe deficiencies in empathy.

malakas likes this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

And with all due respect @fchowd0311 I'm not sure what you are arguing with me about. I am not defending the law, but if you are in Texas (I don't know your location) then Malakas thinks you are a member of the Taliban as well because you aren't marching in the streets at this very moment to save your women from torture and you allowed this to happen.

4. malakas

malakas Member

My problem is both.

Nice deflections.

5. fchowd0311

I have explicitly explained what exact premise I disagree with you about.

6. malakas

malakas Member

..look at this mod.

Not offended that his daughter and wife will become breeding cows without any choice but ofended that aforeigner DARED to call you for what you are. And trying to rally up pseudopatriotism. Lmao

Its really sad that it has come to this. A stranger from far away to be the voice that defends the rights of texans women and children in here.
    Instead of you

fchowd0311 likes this.
  7. justtxyank

I did not limit my opinion of what might rise to "torture" to rape victims. Again, less than 10% of abortions are for teenagers. So if your argument is that 10% of women who get abortions do it because carrying a baby to term will be torture for them, fine, we'll stipulate to that without objection.

8. justtxyank

What in the world are you talking about? Trying to rally pseudo-patriotism? breeding cows?

I'm sorry, but I'm baffled that others are pretending you aren't spewing hyperbole here.

9. fchowd0311

We really have no viable indication of how many abortions happen as many happen under the table.

Also, an adult woman who believes she isn't ready motherhood emotionally and financially will also feel that same pain worse than a stab wound due to not having that emotional high of living the opportunity of future motherhood.

So yes it's still torture.

Forcing any woman to carry a baby to term is torture.

10. malakas

malakas Member

You know what? Im off. This environment has become completely toxic. Misogynistic mods and patriotic rallies against the foreigner woman who wants rights for your daughters.
    I deserve better than that after being a poster for so long.
    Bye.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

I think you aren't grasping the concept of women being forced to carry a birth unwillingly and how emotionally and physically traumatic that is.

You routinely calling it an "inconvenience" says enough.

Keep in mind Malakas is one of the only few women who post here so her perspective is unique.

12. justtxyank

What Patriotic rallies are you talking about? Who is rah rahing the USA here?

You have resorted to extreme personal attacks throughout this thread. I have not attacked you.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

@justtxyank have you rejoined our beloved cesspool or are you taking a break from your break? :)

IBTL, Os Trigonum and Amiga like this.
  14. justtxyank

No, you have taken this argument somewhere that makes no sense in defense of Malakas. A "breeding cow" is an animal forced to procreate under the direction of an owner. Do you genuinely believe that as of today, women in Texas are no better off than a cow in a barn? If not, you have to agree that this is hyperbole.

15. justtxyank

I have repeatedly tried to login over the last several months but can never get my password right. :)

Invisible Fan, Nook and Os Trigonum like this.
  16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Actually, I haven't seen you criticize or oppose this new law... but it seems you are arguing against those that are criticizing and opposing the law.

17. justtxyank

I oppose this stupid law.

I have only criticized the ridiculous rhetoric and haven’t argued against any posters opposition to the law at all

JumpMan, Nook and edwardc like this.
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]

They won't be satisfied until they can have Axlotl Tanks

Rocket River

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Well now I'm confused. If you think the reasons listed in this thread to oppose the law are ridiculous, what reasons do you have to oppose it?? Is it the vigilante aspect of it? The use of circumvention of case precedent as a loophole? Something else??

20. edwardc

edwardc Member