1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

666 new Texas laws go into effect Sept1

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amiga, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Oh the irony.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The vast majority of abortions in this country are an act of of terminating an inconvenience, not an act of terminating the byproduct of a rape or incest. It's ridiculous disingenuous to steer the argument to that to justify your position. It's like a pro lifer arguing that if you support abortion you support taking a breathing baby from the womb at 8 months and cutting it's throat.

JumpMan and SuraGotMadHops like this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This is a sign of a lack of empathy. A 16 year old girl who got knocked up because of consensual sex still will be scared shitless of carrying to term a baby if it was unplanned. Like that isn't just an inconvenience. It's a horror story for a girl who doesn't want to have the baby.

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Until recently, the Supreme Court said this was a constitutional right (so long as you slit the throat inside the womb).

5. justtxyank

Malakas is arguing that not accessing abortion in Texas is torture to 100% of women in Texas. We are "standing by" while our wives and daughters are tortured. I don't care what you think about abortion rights, this is a ridiculous sentiment, as is the "Texas Republicans are the same as the Taliban."

JumpMan and SuraGotMadHops like this.
  6. fchowd0311

Well you are still challenging with the fiction used that it isn't torture. Forget whether it effects all women.

Do you think the actual act of carrying a baby to term unwillingly is torture?

7. justtxyank

We aren't talking about what is or isn't legal, we are talking about ridiculousness of arguments. The vast majority of people who support abortion rights do not support that procedure and the vast majority of pro lifers would grant exceptions.

If Malakas believes a woman should be able to terminate a pregnancy because she doesn't want a baby, keep the argument to that. There's no reason to run to the "it's about rape of a 9 year old!" card.

Nook likes this.
  8. justtxyank

I am challenging the idea that this law puts a significant percentage of Texas women into a state of torture, absolutely, 100%. I am certain that carrying a baby to term would be a nightmare scenario for individual cases of women.

9. malakas

malakas Member

if it was only a single texan child victim of rape and incest that is forced to become a mother that should have been enough for you if you really cared about texan women and girls.

10. fchowd0311

You are also questioning whether carrying a baby to term unwillingly is torture. Reread that original comment.

11. justtxyank

Let me ask you, would you support a law that bans all abortions except in the case of rape or incest?

12. fchowd0311

You:
    "Even if you accept that not being able to get an abortion is some sort of torture (lol)"

That tells me you are questioning whether carrying a baby to term unwillingly is torture.

So I ask what makes you believe you have a genuine say in this if you have empathy?

malakas likes this.
  13. malakas

malakas Member

LMAO..

The law is fine because it doesnt torture 100% of women 100% of the time.
    Only 20%

So we good now.
    Not talibanistic at all.
    I mean also the talibans can claim its not 100% of the women who have to be stoned publicly after being accused of cheating. Only a small part.

Jesus Christ

fchowd0311 likes this.
  14. justtxyank

For the vast majority of women, abortion is a choice they make for convenience reasons. So no, I reject that in those cases carrying a baby to term is "torture." That is a hyperbolic term. There are CERTAINLY cases where it would rise to that level for the individual.

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  15. malakas

malakas Member

Of course not.

But to not allow even for rape and incest is what makes the human rights abuse impossible to look past.
    Its why TEXAS has now become the worst place for women to live in america.

16. justtxyank

Greece has an extreme poverty situation. The fact that you are on the internet talking to people instead of marching on the streets 24/7 proves you do not care about the people of Greece and you are a member of the Taliban. o_O

Os Trigonum and SuraGotMadHops like this.
  17. malakas

malakas Member

Really?
    So women should not have free will to make their own choices.

18. justtxyank

Right so it's disingenuous to try to drag it to that place. Your problem isn't that a rape victim can't get abortion, it's that you think anyone should be able to so make it about that.

19. justtxyank

Of course they should. When did I say otherwise?

20. malakas

malakas Member

I do march on the streets and strike.
    And if a talibanistic texas like governor dared to force our women to become breeding cows then i would travel many miles to come and burn the parliament down to the ground.