1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

666 new Texas laws go into effect Sept1

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amiga, Aug 31, 2021.

1. SuraGotMadHops

You are a bit short-minded, to say the least, and I don't think you're paying much attention to what I am saying. We don't need to continue, and I don't need to justify my position to you. You should probably try not to generalize so much.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

No, this is where the law, and you are being dishonest. The law doesn't make abortions illegal, but instead it empowers (encourages) private citizens with bounties to spy on other people and file suit against people they believe are having an abortion, the people they believe may be giving them an abortion, the people that they believe may be helping them get an abortion, the people they believe have have talked to them about abortion. All with the purpose to stop abortions. You have to go back to slavery times when a court allowed such a bounty approach (bounties offered to bring back slaves).

And you suggest that rape victims can get rape tests, counseling, and adoption services? My gosh, I hope a family member or friend of yours is never the victim of rape. Of course, you ignore how many rape victims don't report the rape. And that many women don't even know they are pregnant by six weeks.

Last... as an aside, what your thoughts on executions in capital murder cases? Especially after the convict confesses his sin? Is the state guilty of murder? Violating your moral code?

malakas and fchowd0311 like this.
  3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I like the felony for porch pirates law.

4. SuraGotMadHops

I already explained earlier in the thread my thoughts on third parties being able to bring suit against those participating in illegal abortions. I said that is unreasonable, but I understand the motive for including that as a deterrent.

I do not believe in executions in capital murder cases.

5. NewRoxFan

Also remember lying is a sin...

6. NewRoxFan

7. SuraGotMadHops

Sorry my truthful answer wasn't what you were expecting. You can try another one though.

8. malakas

malakas Member

I am short minded to say that rape victims most times dont report it to authorities and that many women and children have irregular periods and its extremely easy to fail to detect a pregancy in just 6 weeks let alone decide to get an abortion so fast...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

But You are completely right. You dont need to justify your position to me because I will never allow any excuse and never accept your pathetic hypocritical type of christianity while you actively support child and women abuse.

So get lost.

#128 malakas, Sep 2, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
  9. malakas

malakas Member

Texas is just pathetic.

Worse place for women in america.
    At least elsewhere victims of rape and incest are protected..texans completely dont give a damn about women.

deb4rockets and fchowd0311 like this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That caveat always bugs me.... Pro-lifers claim it's all about the rights of the unborn over the woman, but this caveat overrules any consideration for the unborn and favors the woman's condition because it wasn't her choice.

Andre0087 and fchowd0311 like this.
  11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

12. SuraGotMadHops

You fail to understand that the fundamental difference between your point of view and mine is you only think of the life of the mother, do you believe the unborn child is considered a "life." Well I do, and killing that life is straight up murder in my book.

You support murdering babies. Get lost. You are an animal. You have no soul. [See, I can do that too - sound ridiculous and intolerant of opposing beliefs, you baby killing murdering callous psycho serial killer].

SwoLy-D likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The difference is she can back up her claim based on logic and reasoning while you only have "faith" that there is a soul inca zygote.

A zygote that doesn't even have a central nervous system yet doesn't have feelings. It doesn't have hopes and desires. It cannot process fear. The mother can. I place more value of life towards dogs and cats over an embryo. The cat and dog can experience pain and fear. It can experience a will to want to live, not a zygote.

You premise requires magical thinking.

Also if your argument is "well it will eventually turn into something that does have feelings and desires" well so does the sperm you ejaculate. All those swimmers potentially could be entities that in the future can be conscious beings.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This is such a preposterous post malakas.

JumpMan, Andre0087 and ElPigto like this.
  15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

My problem with conservatives on this topic is how rigid your stance is, then to top it off, you go take it to the extreme and call individuals murders. You damn well know that scientists do not agree on when life begins. An embryologist may state that it begins at conception, a neurologist may argue that it begins when the first brain waves are detected, and then of course you have others don't believe it starts until viability. Considering that the majority of abortions happen in the first trimester (not at later stages where conservatives LOOOOOVE to pretend it happens), women should have ample time to make up their mind about such a huge decision in their lives.

It does not matter that the by product of having sex is potentially getting pregnant. I get it, you may believe that fornication is a sin (since you believe in the Bible) and that we should wait until marriage to have sex. That's not the ****ing reality we live in though. We are human and our natural instinct is to mate. I get it, churches want to sell this idea of abstinence, but it doesn't work. We also have protection, but protection fails. So when protection fails, it doesn't make the individuals irresponsible, but it just means that protection failed. **** happens. Sometimes they don't get protected, and that's okay. Every one is in a different point in life and we all should have the ability to make the decision whether we want to bring a child into this world. Whether it is some hypocrite conservative senator cheating on their husband or spouse, or some teenager that ****ed, or a college student that has other plans in life, or a rape victim that didn't have the courage to get themselves tested immediately, etc.

This is the problem I do have with your stance. I respect the fact of when you believe life begins. I respect the fact that you believe abortion is immoral. I don't respect that as a conservative you want laws to be made pretending that every damn situation is the ****ing same. It's a personal choice, it's a difficult choice, and you nor your conservative friends deserve to be part of that choice. Even if you provided the individuals 100% paid healthcare, or 100% paid daycare, or funded the schools 800% to ensure every individual has the same opportunity, etc, you should not have that CHOICE of how a woman wants to proceed with a pregnancy, even if you are the ****ing father.

16. malakas

malakas Member

Is it?..prove me wrong.

What have you done to prevent the abuse of texan women by fundamentalists?
    If you cared you would boycott. Protest. Strike.

If a law was passed by Abbott tomorrow that brought back slavery then would you just say the law is the law and shrug your shoulders?
    No you wouldnt.
    But all of you remain silent and indifferent to human rights abuse on the name of religion committed on half of your population. Committed on small children.

So fine. Ban me. I dont care. I anyway dont belong to a community that supports misogynism.

17. malakas

malakas Member

It may be a good philsophical topic to pass the time for most of you. Or to discuss religion.

It is not FOR ME. It is not FOR US.
    I wont sit quietly and respect the opinions of posters who actively want to torture me and my gender!

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Again, this is ludicrous. Even if you accept that not being able to get an abortion is some sort of torture (lol) the percentage of women who would seek an abortion in their lifetime is nowhere close to half of the population.

It's less than 20% of pregnancies terminated each year in the United States and of those, less than 10% are women under the age of 20. Adolescents (meaning under age 15) account for approx for 0.2% of abortions.

You are being ridiculous with this hyperbole.

JumpMan and SuraGotMadHops like this.
  19. malakas

malakas Member

Am I?
    The fact that you are banned from abortion access affects 100% of women and girls. Whether you take the step or not

Lmao at being tortured to be forced to give birth like a breeding cow? :rolleyes:
    To not have control of your own body and your own uterus because of the religious beliefs of some strangers?

You are the one being ridiculous!

London'sBurning, Nook and fchowd0311 like this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Uh do you have a place to say carying a fetus to term unwillingly is not torture? Like do you sincerely have a say in this?

How can you even comprehend how that feels? I trust women when they say carrying a baby to term unwillingly is torture.

Nook and malakas like this.