1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. mario_v

mario_v Member

A 26 year old, top five franchise qb will never lose his value.

RHU525, Icehouse, Rudyc281 and 2 others like this.
  2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I mean if the expectation is that Watson is going to return 3 - 4 first round picks how can you shelf him for a whole year and expect the same return next season? Thats not how value negotiations are executed. Inserting subjective claims like "top 5" really isnt going to convince another GM when the fallout could very well be that the dude raped a bunch of chicks.

Get what you can and move on. Playing hardball like this will backfire. I really hope the Miami rumors are true even if it contains heavy pick protections. Get that energy out of the building and out of the fan psyche.

mightybosstone likes this.
  3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

If you think he settles and this goes away, with no criminal charges, time and distance might be the best thing for his trade value.

Deep Steel Truth likes this.
  4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Its a risky game to play especially since most Texan fans just want this to go away and become another teams problem. If criminal charges come down its over, but if he settles then you could find yourself angling for a better return. Personally, I think its gone on long enough. I dont care as much about a "huge" return anymore and would rather just focus on the rebuild and have as little background noise and distractions as possible.

Two Sandwiches and cmoak1982 like this.
  5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

The middle ground is waiting for the best return.
    We all know he will get off of these charges just like every other big time athlete.
    He’s shown his real personality and we should move on from him, but not while his value is this low. If he settles it will raise, the flip side is if he’s incarcerated you won’t get much. But also won’t have the salary either.

6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I can understand that feeling. I want to be rid of the black eye too, well as much as you can with Cal and Easterby.
    But the hard head in me says you don’t give in and you make sure you get full value for a top 3 asset in the league.

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I get it. I find it interesting on the one hand how badly some fans want him gone, but yet want a full value return somewhat brushing off his ridiculously complicated situation.

Get something or get nothing is what this team may be faced with.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  8. SuraGotMadHops

Just because a Ferrari has a lien on it doesn't mean it's MSRP goes down, just the obligations that go with it. I think Texans should demand MSRP on Watson until somebody is willing to take on the baggage. If they don't, he can continue to sit his ass at home. He can always change his mind and tell the team he wants to play.

Plus did I hear correctly when he said he prefers to play in Miami, and also saying he wouldnt waive his no trade to go to Philly? Look at this prick giving orders, acting like he doesn't have 22 civil lawsuits being jammed down his throat. Eff this guy.

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Are you new to this country? ;)

UTSA2step and Verbal Christ like this.
  10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t think it’s an either or thing personally.
    I want him gone…..for the right price.

11. Fantasma Negro

12. Two Sandwiches

I hear you, but I'm on the opposite boat. This franchise has nothing going for it. Better to wait it out for a better haul and get max value for your rebuild. Maybe a miracle happens, he's exonerated, and you're not as bad off as you think....

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm still where I have been on this from the start, if you get a good enough deal, do it, if not he can sit out his entire contract here for all I care.

Having the Texans slowly build through the draft while he rots wouldn't be the worst situation ever.....trading him for next to nothing would be. It would be rewarding the sexual predator's bad behavior at the expense of the team.

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Since when has what the fans wanted mattered? As long as the games keep selling out they don’t care.

15. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

is that what most Texans fans want? I think most fans don't care and would rather he be our Qb week 1.

wasn't there a poll here a while ago they overwhelmingly supported Deshaun.

It's gonna be an absolute joke if we trade him to Miami for less than what we gave up for Tunsil.

Two Sandwiches, Fulgore and mario_v like this.
  16. mario_v

mario_v Member

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Some forget that before all the creepy sexual predator stuff was released that he had said "FK YOU HOUSTON" and doesnt want to be here. Need to stop acting like simps and just let this guy go - no need to keep him hostage for a payday that might never come.

He will never take another snap for this team again. Better to start the 5 stages of grief early for those still attached to him.

Houston Texans fans and being labeled "jokes" seems to be a tradition by this point. Lets take our lumps and ridicule and move on with life.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

No, I don’t think that’s the case. I’d say the overwhelming majority are over Deshaun.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  19. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Prob but NRG would explode if he ran out into the huddle vs Jax. That’s sports fans in general, not just Houston.

20. Two Sandwiches

From an ownership standpoint, it seems that would be the best thing to happen to the team. We're probably the only team in the league positioned to weather the storm of what's coming from Watson, just because he's already on the team. Also because he previously requested a trade. Just as it seems the fan base is sick of ownership, if Watson settled and played here again (and was exonerated), the McNairs would make out like bandits.

That's about the only thing they could luck into to out a jolt back into this fan base.

Further reason why it makes sense to hodl.

Not that I'm rooting for either scenario. I'm still trying to check out mentally.

cmoak1982 likes this.