1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bipartisan Corporate Welfare

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DonatelloLimestone, Aug 28, 2021.

1. DonatelloLimestone

You act like we can just trust biden and he knows the right thing. you do know hes not jesus? you realize thats the same fallacy as trump supporters thiking we just give up pressure to the guy bc he'll 'know' this ain't king george, this is a democracy

BIden has made executive final decisions that have cost millions of lives, trillions of dollaars that even he is fixing up or trying to. So to pretend like we don't have to wrory abotu him, we keep pressure, we keep moving...otherwise hes had a history of bullshit and as you showed he can do better no matter whose around him...and tahts from us the people moving the goal post not crying for praise and trust like trump and wanting no criticism or its a 'zero sum game' lol, what a reach man

"never been a more pro union anti corporate anti military president of our lifetime" I get it, ave you considered thats because the populace and new generation never has been more anti corporate anti military than ever? Thats on us, because when we werent liek that he was all about the TPP, aggressors in iraq, kosovo, libya...you name it, and even more hrash on domestic issues, policing(lol you deduce the prisons while claming to be anti police and not seeing the connection), so on....
    Once again its about putting pressure on the politicians
    and to scream its not a zero sum game and stop critisizing him does the opposite, alright Jen Psaki?

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Bernie doesn't have near the backing of corporate interests to get his agenda passed through. Stop pretending like it's in a vacuum and Bernie did nothing. No, apply context.

20 years from now when income inequality is even worse where there are even more riots we will still be arguing about a single payer healthcare system and still b****ing about why weed isn't off the schedule 1 and people like you still will be saying "be patient, it isn't a zero sum game".

DonatelloLimestone likes this.
  3. DonatelloLimestone

100 right. The schedule one bullshit is hilarious, all while they know they are at 0 risk of getting introuble for it and even laugh about it while some poor smho gets thrown in prison while non violent daily. you don't even have to be a poor guy, you can be alex caruso...doesn't make it any less stupid

yep, not only about social mobility becoming less accessible than ever
    Don't forget a paradigm shift that is happening right before our eyes, similar to the 08 crash happening with the risk and we just assumed its too big to fail
    The housing bubble, right now hedgefunds, llcs coprorations are buying up houses single family homes of all incomes and just offering unseen more than the asking price. transfering wealth, opportunity for generational wealth, into hands of the guys thinking about details/margins, america will turn into renting culture in this way furthre than it already is

but yea, its not A ZeRo SuM game you millenial, biden did things right so shut up and listen! this guy is acting like biden championed these issues, the difference between the same guy who i the90s pushed for wars domestic and abroad, tpp, and oversaw a tax haven in deleware which is a place that both Trump and CLinton use to have LLCs that are tax friendly and now where hes done some good in office is the populace has changed, the populace and intenret is more engaged, not bc hes some buddah who figured out the right thing to do no matter what his disciples say....that guy ain't asking for a democracy, its like trump their asking for a hero to do the work for us...

fchowd0311 likes this.
  4. astros123

astros123 Member

Bidens raising tax on the rich and big corporations so I'm not sure i understand your wealth inequality. He's the first president to propose raising taxes on the wealthy in 40 years. Giving free childcare, prek, college, free hbcus/free trade school isn't going to help with wealth inequality?

I never claimed biden is some form of Jesus I simply said I bljidte someone based upon agenda and actions. I don't give a **** if someone worked for a think tank or not but the bernie bros can't let stuff go. It's quite pathetic. I'm all for pressuring politicians but has to be reasonable.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Biden saying these things yet not attempting to do things like having Harris overule the parliamentarian or pushing harder on reforming the fillibuster seems like a way he can say he support these things but not actually follow through.

There is no way any of this **** gets passed without breaking from traditional legislative practices. 0% chance.

6. astros123

astros123 Member

You bernie bros live in another universe

Whether you agree or not theres alot of legal opinion that the president cant change the schedule of weed without legislation.

https://my.vanderbilt.edu/marijuana...-legalize-mar1juana-through-executive-action/

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member