1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Sign Armani Brooks petition.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swapshop, Aug 28, 2021.

?

Should we sign Armani Brooks to 3 year deal?

1. Yes: I am a true Rockets fan and I make solid decisions which is why I vote Armani

88.2%
  2. No: I am not a true Rockets fan and am not capable of reasoning. Do not sign Brooks and tank.

11.8%
  1. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

First of all I know Rockets front office visits Clutch Fans forums daily, no reason to hide it any longer. This is the a petition to sign Armani Brooks to a 3 year deal.

Armani has proven to have the right mentality. His shot awesome and it doesn't seem like pressure situations effect him like it does to some players. He will be in the league for a long time so lets be the team that as the privilege to sign him.

Please participate in the poll.

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

we need more poll options...i strongly advise you consult with @Os Trigonum on how to set up the quality poll

mikenm268 and txtodd like this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Apparantlley OP is not a true Clutch Fan and is not capable of setting up a quality poll.

IvanLCPM, Salvy, xiki and 2 others like this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

there you go OP, an instant option to include it in the poll, brilliant! thanks Os!

5. clos4life

clos4life Member

Sigh...the next Daniel House for people to get irrationally attached to. Literally the same situation all over again.

Rocket River likes this.
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

isn't his name spelled Armoni o_O

7. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

A true Rockets fan would know how to spell his name correctly.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

OP subconsciously wants to trade him — an Armani Exchange

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Armoney is my favorite player behind Danuel

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Why is this even an issue? They DID sign Armoni Brooks to a (Exhibit 10) contract. They can either keep him on that deal, convert him to a two-way or end up signing him to a long-term deal. In fact, converting him to another two-way deal is likely the BEST way to ensure they keep him long-term. They can sign him to a four-year deal at any point during the season (if a roster spot opens up); or if not, they can always make him another QO next summer and then re-sign him that way.

This “outrage” is really much ado about nothing.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Keep laying the knowledge on us with a trowel, @BimaThug. That's what it takes to sink in, apparantley.

xiki and napalm06 like this.
  12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

He's staying here

13. juanming

juanming Member

What I don't get is Brooks is 10x better shooter than house.. but they want to extend the house for millions and millions of dollars but they don't want to sign Brooks until after training camp

I mean... There's ways to open up roster spots but they don't have the courage to do it

After seeing what the Nets are doing with cam Thomas and resigning the big three those nets picks I feel are worth nothing Imo

I would attach however many I can to John Wall to get rid of him

They won't do it because they value the Nets picks a lot higher than I do but they should get rid of them get rid of wall start over get rid of house and Gordon and Wallah all the sudden now you have money for Brooks and more playing time for the rookies

they're just going to tread water and try to win a few more games with John Wall and I feel that is a bad decision

rockets1995 likes this.
  14. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Just in case you didnt 'noticed, it I have recently posted this matter TWICE here on Clutch
    witha great resonce.

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

@Yetti

16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Pretty much what I said in the other thread ....

I've thought since Brooks didn't sign that two way earlier in the offseason yet they played him on the SL team that both sides are working together to bring about the desired result - Brooks wants to be here & the Rockets want him here.

The exhibit 10 allows the team to convert him to a two way just prior to the start of the season , then once they clear a roster spot (EG or Augustin seem the likeliest) either in December or at the trade deadline & sign him to a multi year minimum type deal with part of the MLE that they haven't yet spent.
    Or at the very least , they retain his rights & sign him next offseason - all the while he's playing with the team (45 days worth anyhow).

slothy420 and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Danuel House is inconsistent, plays out of control.

Armoni Brooks is completely opposite, very consistent and contributes in points and real effort on defense. His height doesn't matter, his confidence makes him look 6'6.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Gordon, Green, KPJ & Nwaba will most likely play SG/SF positions in the rotation. Don't see how "Armani" will have any playing time with such crowded shooting guard position. Off the bench, I rather have Gordon & Nwaba that also adds some defensive value.

19. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

A couple of things:

The Rockets don’t need to use the MLE to re-sign Brooks. They can sign him via Non-Bird rights and still give him a four-year deal, albeit with a starting salary of no more than 120% of his minimum salary. But that should be enough for him, most likely.

Also, for this season, two-way guys can spend the entire season with their NBA clubs, but they can only be active for up to 50 games. Given the Rockets’ guard depth, that shouldn’t be a big problem. Unlike last season, they are not eligible for the playoffs, but that shouldn’t be an issue for the Rockets.

20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I, too, would like to start a petition. It is the Official "Learn to spell Armoni Brooks name before creating a thread in which you incorrectly spell his name numerous times while claiming to advocate for him" petition.