1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Suns re-sign Chris Paul (4 years, $120M)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Aug 2, 2021.

1. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Hard to build culture when the guy you are counting on to do that is not a leader and a team cancer. That quote means nothing when you don't know what kind of conversation Harden and Tilman had. Oh they had one, I'm sure.

Salvy and hakeem94 like this.
  2. DonatelloLimestone

how are you sure? I'm genuinley curious how you know inside info that disputes tilmans own quotes..is it just our narrartive? @Salvy forall that you say people are obsessed with harden, half our post are all obsessing about him, by your own logic does he live rent free in your head and nothign you say will change his success and wealth and your just jelous? thats what you say when people criticize tilman, different standard?

I also aagree that when an owner literally platers himself all over the arena more prominent than players, takes the mike after a playoff loss on a yaer he literally wouldn't replace a starter of a team and said he'd teach two nba stars how to really win, goes to press and lies about the coaches negotiation and has to lie about it, lies to fans about promising upgrades, lies to fans that getting under tax was an accident and he didn't realize how it happened.

Yea...harden fell short, no doubt.so did mda, morey...our team was special, but we fell short..but you take any star, lebron, mj,k obe they would all kick rocks. And frankly Giannis fell short his no seed year, mvp year...choked on free throws, but his fans didnt give up on him and choose the owners savings when htey kept investing
    dirk fell short his mvp year, 1st seed year...1sst round, his fans didn't cry for the owner to save money, they kept shooting and eventually won
    Lebron..MJ...all dominated statistically for 7 years,just like harde, but fell short of a chip every single year...they went and got more help, the team did their job and it worked out
    Kobe? Demanded a trade too once he saw his team was being cheap, he knew he it takes a team. Fans didn't call him soft bc he couldnt win one 'by himself'
    hakeem? Demanded a trade in the early 1990s...had the plane wait for him regularly bc he was the leader....I guess hes also a bad leader?

Harden has flaws, but the guy did historic things and nothing was handed to him...all stars are catered too, but he looked around and saw not all stars have to deal with an owner who makes your job harder, cheaps out, lies...theres literally only the bottom of the barrel owners...fact is you can call him a bad leader and a cancer, but harden had the 2nd most successful rockets stint in our team history and the g uy while carriyn us on the back led to two confernce finals...very few plaers in this league can say that....tell me when we'll be as far as that 'loser' led us

3. Salvy

Salvy Member

If Harden fails again next season will you climb off his nuts or just continue justifying him like the good white knight boi you are....

4. DonatelloLimestone

The irony on this one is real(with how you call people obsessedwith tilman and you spend all your energy on a post about someone who plays for another team and then literally making post praising and crying if someone won't give an owner whose been with the rockest 4 years praise). Lol, I 've said many times harden fell short. I've said man times he is not an emotional leader of the group, let alone when i mentioned who was you just couldn't handle the idea, and that his defense is lackluster and hes run out of gas each time in the playoffs. To say that bc we put more weight on him, cheap out around hhim doesnt have a part of that puzzle is just willful ignorance...thats why you tilman only fans can't grasp that ANY star tht they do think has the 'grit' they feel can pick up their boot straps or whatever dumb disney version of basketball they have that the other stars would leave and simply put, any owner cant do much on the court, but his support in how he invest can make a plaers job easier or harder....

Ill let you guess why no superstars want to play for tilman if he makes it easier or harder, the lies, the quotes, the attention needed...theres very few owners that do the stuff he does

But I say the above issues with harden and also accept he gave us the 2nd best stint in our team history, he fell short, but he is the 2nd greatest player in our team and in 7 years he did th things iwth houston that will be in the history books.

And the dude is still donating to us WHILE he is now with another team with his foundation? But get this

you didn't make a thread abotu that, or give him any props right? Under your own definition you may be an obsessive harden hater
    r
    and the same guy, whose lied to you with quotes, literally disputed your own philosophy of training philosophies being bunked, has overseen a loss of talent and staff in a way that we've never seen a tear down that fast maybe in nba history and then also bullshitting the fans?
    And you literally make posts praising him and get butt hurt if anyone says anything wrong mean while you are a prominent poster abotu harden who doesnt play for us every turn? And you don't even see the irony or why people are just amused by 4/5

but I'm not going to lie, secretly I want employees like you. Some days I want the Dear Leader, CCP type of mentality where the are so loal they will not just overlook my flaws or mistakes, but the literally will ignore m lies and just continue to do anything to defend me at all cost even the company is doing terrible. That kind of loyalty is priceless...right now they all just f'n tell me what I need to hear and we all try to do better each day, I need real proper ass kissers...send me your resume[​IMG]

Deckard, Nook and Salvy like this.
  5. Salvy

Salvy Member

Hey @tinman, I think Donatello likes us.... Could it be we are the ones living rent free in his head?

hakeem94 and tinman like this.
  6. DonatelloLimestone

"
    ]Yeah but my trash arguments have no response from you because there is not much you can do with it other than a cheap shot that adds nothing to what I said. Cool I guess... You must be right even thou you offer nothing that justifies it...[/QUOTE]"
    -Salvy

The irony is strong with this one...like tinman talking about China and les which we all agree and forgetting Tilman get his panties in a bunch and throw his employees under the bus...for china...but you guys don't mind that one bc its about 'business' and people are jelous of him bc hes so successful and right...but les...nah

OR people talking abotu tilman are obsessed, but the dude who literally spends half his time on a brooklyn nets posts isn't

You and Tinman dying on this hill for Lanadrys Seafood is one of the most unique thing about Clutchfans, we really do have it all...special shout out to the posters who actually have intelligent objective takes on the board too...we need it all, we need the steven As, the cowherds, the nichols along with the actaul analysis and real basketball folks. Clutchfans is a one stop shop. gotta love it
    [​IMG]

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

You just keep going and going and going....
    [​IMG]

hakeem94 and DonatelloLimestone like this.
  8. DonatelloLimestone

damn it
    Damn it salvy, thats where you win...the ****ing funny memes. I did want some credit since i took time to personalize the prison pocket thing, but fair enough....I hear ya...
    We are all out here
    Onto the Rockets young rebuild and out with the offseason burn down for all of us;)
    Go Rockets.

hakeem94 and Salvy like this.
  9. Salvy

Salvy Member

Props on your photoshop skills lol,

Yeah we have alot more to talk about this season.... I'm sure we can share the same point of view on how bad Danuel House is... Oh wait...

hakeem94 and DonatelloLimestone like this.
  10. DonatelloLimestone

lol, HE AINT NO ARIZA..i know exactly what you're thinking
    Ariza was the veteran locker room presence who superstars like paul and harden would listen to
    Daniel house is the dude that chose being horny in the bubble over being in the field with his team mates.

I liked house, hes a houstonian local and tahts always good...but I do think we'll agree here..Ship his ass, wall, and Gordon out asap....Time for Sengun,KMJ,KPJ,Tate,Wood, and GReen to shine. I'm actually looking forward to games unlike last year.

As a good will gesture...I know you'll like this one

Salvy likes this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nice take except for shipping out house asap
    house is a good player or asset given his skilset and bargain contract...and you dont give up on a good player just because one silly mistake, which wasnt even basketball related...he broke some dubious bureaucratic protocol ( and i applaud him for that!), big deal!

12. DonatelloLimestone

I wouldn't evne mind to extend him if its an easy tradeable deal.
    And I do get he is in good age and has a skillset thats useable anywhere in that hes athletic can d up when he wants to, shoot great and finish...but its his headspace that I worry about
    in one way I see him as a guy who could be a good influence bc he made it from the gleague...that can't be understated how hard that is.
    I don't mind if the dude is getting some, but to risk our team and our playoffs....its like harden, I don't care if the dude partied, MJ stayed up all nights gambling during the playoffs, but if he does it while mising camp...then im just shaking my head regardless of the context which I DO understand, its just the wrong move and I think you call out the wrong moves and consider it all.
    So in that light, i get house can make a mistake, but that was just so utterly disappointing bc we needed him, everyone sacrificed to be there and compete, the guy couldn't wait a few weeks like his teammates to go drown in Houston pootie-tang?
    The young guys are influencable, we still don't have a science on how development happens but what ray allen, billups, a lot o players who 'stick' talk about is their vet goign about their routines and showing them how to work as a professional to bring the most of the talent,so we gotta be mindful of that.

I know you don't like long post, to me this is just a medium at most or as salvy would call it 3/5. Ah well, but yea house i'm ok with, but still have a bad taste for that. but we can sign and trade and keep his contract and make something out it, always better than nothing;)

13. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

And Chris Paul is back...

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

in before he gets free FTs with a rip tru move when the other team is in bonus and they dont even know it

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

OKC best season record since Durant left.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

Many people including myself were wrong. I thought this was the absolute worst contract ever - it still might be terrible towards the end of the contract but I thought even this first year was not gonna be worth it. I didn't think Suns could repeat as the #1 seed this year. Will they win a championship during his contract? If he wins even one, it'll have been worth it

Easy likes this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

19. i3artow i3aller

20. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Man's 37, but his actual season isn't far off from his 2nd season in Houston recovering from his hamstring injury.