1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kennedy to retire - USSC will swing even further right

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Yes... he did what normal people call “apologize”.

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I dont think he had any other options.

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Apparently, according to the poster I responded to, he wasn't supposed to do what he did, so I am curious as to what he should have done.

AleksandarN likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

He could have double downed like the President does.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

it's weird people getting giddy over apologies like it's some made free throw

Nook likes this.
  6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Which is what he actually did, he just weasel worded his way out of the implicit threat, an actual crime, but left the core intent intact, which is actually quite Trumpian.

Which part of his statement are you considering is an apology?

His statement structure is "I shouldn't have said x, something that can be interpreted as a crime, but instead said it as y, in such a way that isn't a crime", where x and y functionally mean the same thing minus the implicit threat.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Is this an implicit threat?

"Shifty Adam Schiff is a CORRUPT POLITICIAN, and probably a very sick man," Trump tweeted. "He has not paid the price, yet, for what he has done to our Country!"

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Not a lawyer, so I don't understand the true impact of more rulings under the "shadow docket". It's kind of like their version of the Executive Order right?

www.bostonglobe.com /2021/08/26/opinion/bidens-losing-battle-with-supreme-courts-shadow-docket/
    Considered putting the article in this thread.