1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Danuel House engaged in extension talks?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Vet min signing then trade him for future second round pick. Getter dun Morey

2. hakeemthagreat

Yeah, your making pathetic excuses. A Kawhi-less Spurs team is not superior. A KD-less Warriors team is beatable. The Rockets had their chances but lost because Harden stopped competing. Even if we lost it would've been different had he performed at a high level. But he did not

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U r such a revisionist it quite sad. We had posters on here celebrating that win streak thinking we could overcome missing harden. I been on here with few others posting we should tank.

Go look it up the posts are there I been stating we should tank day 1. It's not my fault u can't get harden out of your head.

And a kd less warriors is still the previous season roster champions. Delusional thinking harden can take down curry, Green, klay and the refs literally by himself. Name one player that can do that sht solo

4. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Age is not all that matters in terms of upside. He only entered the league five years ago. Look at someone like Mike James who didn't start putting up real numbers until he was almost 30 in a similar situation (though he started even later).

I'm not saying I think House has some high ceiling at this point, but I think he's worth giving a shot still. Especially for the right price... I think before the f-up in the bubble, he was on a great trajectory, and that was a mistake that seems to weigh as heavily on him as it does on fans. I think he understands the gravity of what happened.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  5. R94

R94 Member

Why? Dude is no longer needed

6. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Kawhi-less Spurs is the only one I'll give you. I maintain that the Warriors were actually a worse matchup for us without Durant than with him. I think we would have won game 5 if Durant never got hurt (we were in the middle of a huge comeback and right about to take the lead when he got hurt if you recall). Though game 6 and 7 is anyone's guess. Our record against the Warriors was actually worse pre-Durant IIRC.

Plus, how high of a level do you expect the guy to play at when he's the only guy on the team who can score for seven years? And we have a six- or seven-man rotation for the Rockets' two best years with him?

But again, game six in 2017 is the one game in Harden's history with Houston that I can neither explain nor excuse... I have no idea what happened there. But he deserves exactly zero blame for any other year unless he simultaneously gets all the credit for getting us that far with a roster full of scrubs (and sometimes Chris Paul).

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Those teams were better. Just a fact. The Spurs did what they had to do and the Warriors went to Finals 5 years in a row. But I guess that’s Harden’s fault too? Man Stop, they lost to better teams. The organization hasn’t built a champion in 26 years. Let’s get on with it.

DatRocketFan and D-rock like this.
  8. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Ok I’m lost, I read page 1, skipped up to 13 and I’m in a Harden thread? WTF

#228 Rock Block, Aug 26, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  9. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

House must be giving out some REAL positive restaurant reviews since his bubble fiasco…..

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you always need good players on cheap contracts... if bucks didnt have bobby portis they dont win it all

Easy likes this.
  11. hakeemthagreat

How is a Spurs team without Kawhi better? Lol. He had more turnovers than shot attempts and points in the first quarter. No superstar in NBA history has been that atrocious in a elimination game

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. hakeemthagreat

It's not so much beat a GS team without KD. But he did not show himself as the best player in those games. Honestly, CHRIS PAUL was the best player we had that series not Harden. So if a old CP outplays you, you can't makes any excuses. Harden choked and pretty much every big elimination game

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

harden -- 34.8ppg, 5.5ast, 6.3reb, 44.3%FG, 36.5%3FG, 2.17stls
    paul -- 16.7ppg, 5.7ast, 7.2reb, 46.7%FG, 31.4%3FG, 1.67stls

dafuq are u smoking?

mikenm268, D-rock, vator and 2 others like this.
  14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Keep Crying and b****ing about Harden like a bitter ex if you want but the bottom line, the Rockets team wasn’t good enough to win a chip. The Morey/ Harden Era is done. They lost to superior teams. Move on. Let’s see what Stone & these young guys can do.

D-rock likes this.
  15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

if it's a reasonable extension and House is up for financial security rather than pulling a Schroder and taking that FA risk I'm okay with that. It'll give Stone another salary to use at the trade deadline.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

age is one of the biggest factors in determining actual upside. I don't think he's worth a shot at all. There isn't some high level that he's going to reach that a rebuilding rockets need to try to hang onto. There's not much reason to be extending a 28 year old limited wing when you're in a full build. If they can't get anything for him by the end of the season, both sides go their separate ways

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I know man it’s ridiculous

pippendagimp likes this.
  18. DonatelloLimestone

Yea, in some ways hes an athletic 3/d but his engagement and then i still have a bad taste to lose focus like that and let your team down in the bubble. that makes me worried about if he is the right guy to be a vet to the new young talent we have. In some ways he brings a perspective of fighting out of the dlegue in to a roster, but unless we use him for a trade, doesnt make too much sense or difference to invest in him at this point

19. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

If Stone is trying to get House to sign an extension then obviously he knows or sees something that the “casuals” don’t know or see!

The majority posting on this thread act like he’s a horrible player that’s playing on a horrible team contract. Both are not true! Granted he might not be the sharpest tool in the shed (the bubble)... But I digress!

If Stone can get him to sign an extension on a team friendly deal then this is a positive if he overpays then this will be a minor setback!

I want to get Stoned….AGAIN!!! (Draft)
    Figuratively speaking of course…o_O
    …….
    …….
    …….

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he probably meant the series the year before cause i dont think anyone was happy with cp3s second year series vs gsw play

BamBam likes this.