1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2021-22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 3, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Talk amongst yourselves.

Corrosion and jch1911 like this.
  2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

You’ll never get Aaron Gordan for that.

DeBeards and saleem like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Bust out those trades again.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

lol . Forever the optimist , my man :)

granted , he is someone we could explore trading for even if his 3 doesn’t develop too much . It depends on the price . Ben Simmons is an excellent defender who can handle and pass .

he needs to develop more confidence scoring at the rim and making ft’s . If he does that , he’s pretty much worth 30 . He’s not getting paid a huge 45 million dollar max .

You can play with 1 non-shooter . It’s harder if that guy is a smaller player . But Simmons is pretty big . If green/kpj/wood and one other can all shoot it’s a decent chance to build a strong lineup. Plus let’s say sengun is magic and shoot the 3 well . Down the line he is at the 5 . Kpj/green/Tate/Simmons/sengun . Next year even that could be a 4-5 playoff team . You don’t have hopes of winning a chip with green / sengun / Christopher / Garuba as your best player for at least another 3 years .

if you add Simmons and he’s a good outcome , you start making the playoffs quickly after you get him .

it’s an interesting idea depending on the price . I’d only buy very low right now . Wall/Gordon/ and probably wood are on the table .

I haven’t been keeping up with philly . I’m sure Morey is trying to upgrade Tobias Harris vs Simmons . Isn’t Simmons still better than him ?

D-rock likes this.
  5. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Dude can’t even swish it in his workout highlights.

saleem and Verbal Christ like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

It was a joke, I've moved on. :D

But there is no denying that Simmons is a good fit next to Wood, their games are very complementary.

fattz likes this.
  7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

If you mean Wood can shoot and Simmons can’t, then sure that’s complimentary (or maybe just opposite). Simmons would put us in purgatory for the entirety of his contract. At least we can get rid of the Wall albatross in 2 years max. If Simmons plays another year and can’t shoot, he will have virtually no value to anyone and would crush our ability to compete for a championship the next 5 years. We would end up in a permanent re-build.

luckyman76 likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Complementary as in Wood allows Simmons to play in space, unlike Embiid. Wood 3ball allows Simmons to attack an uncluttered paint.

Simmons would essentially play Capela role with Rockets, except he would be more lethal short roller, lob threat and finisher.

Not to mention Simmons is more switchable than Capela which would be a great benefit to Wood.

Simmons also gives Rockets another 6'10 big to help him on the boards and defend the paint.

Simmons will not just add an elite defender but he also adds an elite grab and go player. Rockets pace would also be at Russ levels.

Again, complementary as opposed to complimentary.

9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

DRock, I like Simmons, but the dude is a primary ball handler.
    Playing him off the ball is a new experiment.
    While it MAY work, I am not sure I would want to pay his salary to try it (unless a straight flip for Wall, but, um, can't see that happening)

10. jch1911

jch1911 Member

did they replay the Eastern Conference playoffs? Embiid looks different? (I'll show myself out)

11. jb86

jb86 Member

Just give me Bol Bol they can keep AG. AG had his chance to become a Rocket and he blew it.

fattz and D-rock like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'm fine either way.

Rockets have options now, not so much before the draft.

fattz and DrNuegebauer like this.
  13. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Rockets out: Jae'sean Tate, Danuel House Jnr., 2023 Milwaukee FRP

Rockets in: Delon Wright, Cam Reddish

----------

Wizards out: Bradley Beal, Spencer Dinwiddie, Kyle Kuzma, Deni Avdija

Wizards in: Ben Simmons, Bogdan Bogdanovich, Jae'sean Tate, Kevin Huerter, 2022 Okc FRP, 2023 Milwaukee FRP

----------

6ers out: Ben Simmons

6ers in: Spencer Dinwiddie, Kyle Kuzma, Deni Avdija, 2023 Atlanta FRP, 2025 Atlanta FRP

----------

Hawks out: Cam Reddish, Delon Wright, Kevin Huerter, Bogdan Bogdanovich, 2022 Okc FRP, 2023 FRP, 2025 FRP

Hawks in: Bradley Beal, Danuel House Jnr.

----------

++Hawks++

They get the best player in the draft and set NBA shooting records for years to come.
    The biggest loss here is probably Huerter who's minutes disappear without a solid replacement. There is the potential of Snell filling in until Sharife Coopers deal is converted but essentially Boggies minutes get taken by Beal and Reddishs are given to Jalen Johnson.
    They give up the OKC pick and 2 of their own (2023 and 2025) so will still have a pick in next year's draft.

++Wizards++

Oh Washington. Signing Dinwiddie was the right move, but does it really move the needle on a team that only made the playoffs off of Westbrooks back last year? It may he a bad look to sign a guy then trade him, but if you lose Beal, there's not much reason to hold onto Dinwiddie either.
    However.
    The Wizards rebuild on the fly.
    Around Ben Simmons. I know, I know ANOTHER trade involving Simmons, but this is a team that he would fit into like a glove. With shooting at literally every other position, Simmons would be set up to play the way he wanted to and felt comfortable doing. Along with what will likely be a top pick in 2022 (via OKC) the Wizards start their rebuild a few steps ahead of others.

++Rockets++

They get their forward of the future. Banking on Reddish to fill either the 3 or the 4, the Rockets would be set at every position going into the future. A young line up (if they manage to move in from Wall) or KPj, Green, KJ, Reddish and Wood is super exciting. Throw in the flexibility of their other 1st round picks, plus some hidden gems along the way (Khyri Thomas and Armoni Brooks) and Rockets fans should be very optimistic.

++6ers++

There's a way this could work where the 6ers fall UNDER the lottery tax (moving Seth Curry). But, as arguably the team with the best odds of winning a title of the 4 teams involved, the luxury tax may he part of the parcel.
    For Simmons they get what they're looking for. A starter with upside (Dinwiddie), a young vet to help straight away (Kuzma), a young guy with potential (last years lottery pick, Advija) and 2 first round picks.
    Yes Simmons is better than each of these guys, but as a whole.. this may round out the 6ers perfectly (never mind them getting a few trade chips if another superstar trade comes along).

14. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Are we now trying to justify a Simmons trade on the basis that he is a rim protector big man and not a wing? Help me understand how this works. Also Simmons sucks at FT shooting.

15. R=$

R=$ Member

Houston Rockets Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: 0.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, and 0.0 apg.
    Incoming Players
    [​IMG] Joe Harris
    29 year old, 6-6, 220 lb SG from Virginia
    No games yet played in 2021-2022
    Outgoing Players
    [​IMG] Eric Gordon
    32 year old, 6-4, 215 lb G from Indiana
    No games yet played in 2021-2022

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nets would be insane to do this.

Harris is perfect complement to Harden and Kyrie.

charlieaustin and DeBeards like this.
  17. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

no way

jh has enough of this

[​IMG]

18. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

just forget about it...
    we're rebuilding

19. conquistador#11

Maybe if Harden personally requested Gordon. Got to get them both in the same strip club.

Harris scores about the same as Gordon while taking less shots. I would approve this trade.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Good with Theis for now.

But cannot have enough YOUNG playmaking 3-D forwards, even on rebuilding teams.