1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets 2021-22 Schedule

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Aug 20, 2021.

?

How many games will the Rockets win this year?

Poll closed Oct 20, 2021.
  1. Less than 17

2.6%
  2. 17-19

3.5%
  3. 20-25

28.1%
  4. 26-30

27.2%
  5. 31-35

15.8%
  6. 36-40

7.9%
  7. 41-45

6.1%
  8. 46-50

1.8%
  9. 51-55

1.8%
  10. 55 or more

5.3%
  1. GOOGOOMECHUCK

GOOGOOMECHUCK Member

Good post. You actually sound like an adult that's willing to give our Rookies a chance. Thank you for that.

2. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

I have cable now but thinking about cutting as I only use it for sports. Reddit someone usually posts a good stream

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. conquistador#11

Mother of Baby Jesus, there are about 10 really good teams in the Nba yet somehow we play them 7 games in a row to start the season. WTF!

4. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Are there people on this board who don’t watch and support this team?

That seems toxic

GOOGOOMECHUCK and ApacheWarrior like this.
  5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

If we lose all the games to Lakers, Utah, Suns, GSW, Denver (minus Murray...due back in Jan),
    Clips, Dallas.....that's like 22 games out of an 82 game season.

Add: Bucks (2 gms), Nets (2 gms), Heat (2 gms), 76ers (2 gms), Hawks (2 gms).....that's
    about 50 games that the Rockets can legitimately win or can compete in. And I don't concede
    the Rockets will lose all their games vs the top teams. I have the Rockets beating the Lakers
    on Halloween night as Westbrook will spaz out. Beat Nuggets without J Murray...Wall/EGo/Green
    /JC/Porter outplay Austin River/Will Barton. Jokic will be a tad out of shape and Wood/Theis/
    Sengun and Garuba out duel Jokic/Aaron Gordon/MPjr.

You and I see Portland/NOP differently.

2) players take a month to build chemistry with new coach/system. That was last year.
    Wall/Wood/Tate/Kenyon/House/EGo/Khyri all have a season of Silas schemes under
    their belts. They educate the new blood on where to be or what to expect. Team starts
    better out of the gates.

3) As mentioned in #2 above: Tate/Kenyon are no longer rookies. Worked on flaws during
    the summer.

4) Rockets did not have a decent screener last season.....Silas system depends
    heavily on a screener to perform PnR. Now the Rockets have provided Theis, Sengun
    and Garuba. Wood can create issues defensively for teams and Kenyon
    we found out at the end of the season was a good roll man in PnR. 90 in NBA
    percentile..... unfortunately Wall tweaked is knee for a handful of games before
    stopping his season.

5) Wall: was about 74 to 78% healthy last season, imo. I expect him at about 85 to 90%
    healthy this year. Probably worked most vs someone pushing him with block
    pad while trying to drive. Get more lift and separation to finish.

6) Theis is clearly being underestimated as a role player guy that does the dirty work.
    What the Rockets lacked most last season of decent screener.

#65 ApacheWarrior, Aug 22, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    BigShasta and pippendagimp like this.
  6. GOOGOOMECHUCK

GOOGOOMECHUCK Member

Yep. Little boy complexes.

7. rockets-1994

rockets-1994 Member

Rox should win 41-45 games!

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...-after-full-2021-22-schedule-release.amp.html

I’ll post more as I come across them. But these peeps think rockets end up with 18 wins. One more than the magic and thunder with both predicted at 17 wins.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes I read that yesterday.

I think it's a joke that those so-called experts think the Rockets are only one
    game (win) better than last season.

* Wall will be better than last season.
    * Kenyon/Tate will be better. Sophomore jinx if they were more ball handlers;
    but they are not. So no Sophomore Jinx.
    *Rockets can now actually run Silas offense as designed.

Experts don't actually watch the Rockets, they don't understand it was hard
    work last season to lose that many games on purpose.

Last season it worked in everyone's favor.....this year is going to be a different case.
    The young guys of Green, Porter, Tate, Kenyon, Sengun, Garuba, Khyrie, JC feel like
    this young core is set and doesn't need to add top 5 talent coming out of the draft
    in the off-season. They want to win now and that's where they stand against the best
    in the world (NBA).

About 15 other teams will be tanking this season that feel like Houston did last yr....
    helping propel the Rockets to more wins

Thus more wins than 18 (enter me laughing at their prediction here).

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The NBA’s new national TV darlings (and duds)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/08/23/nba-national-tv-schedule-breadown-2021-22/

The opening tip
    [​IMG]
    Trae Young (11) and the Atlanta Hawks played a compelling playoff series against the New York Knicks in 2021. (Brynn Anderson/AP)

By Ben Golliver
    with Thomas Johnson

The NBA’s new national TV darlings (and duds)
    When the NBA released its 2021-22 regular schedule on Friday, the Los Angeles Lakers, Golden State Warriors and Brooklyn Nets led the way in national television appearances. All three glitzy, big-market franchises are slated to play at least 25 times on ABC, ESPN or TNT, including prominent opening week games and Christmas Day showcases.

While it’s no surprise to see LeBron James, Stephen Curry and Kevin Durant as headliners, this year’s television slate features plenty of new wrinkles. Indeed, the league and its media partners are betting big on several teams that were overlooked in recent years as it seeks to position the next generation of rising stars. At the same time, the league has pivoted away from other organizations due to unfulfilled expectations or injuries.

With that in mind, here’s a rundown of this year’s national television darlings and duds. Appearance numbers do not include NBA TV games.

Trending Up
    New York Knicks
    : All it took was one halfway decent season and one respectable offseason to vault the Knicks back onto center stage. Julius Randle and company will make 22 national appearances this season after being penciled in for just one during the first half of the 2020-21 season. Although the Knicks still seem to be a cut below the East’s top contenders when it comes to both firepower and experience, Kemba Walker’s arrival and the lively Madison Square Garden crowd should make for compelling TV.

Atlanta Hawks: The NBA has decided not to treat Atlanta’s unexpected run to the East finals as a fluke. Trae Young was masterful at times during the 2021 playoffs, and his Hawks will make 14 national appearances this season after featuring just twice in 2019-20. The 22-year-old Young rose to 11th in jersey sales during the second half of last season, and even bigger things are on the horizon thanks to an opening week showdown with Luka Doncic and a playoff rematch with the Knicks on Christmas.

Phoenix Suns: The formula is simple: Chris Paul equals wins and wins equal attention. The defending Western Conference champs will play 23 nationally televised games in 2021-22, up dramatically from their lone national appearance in 2019-20, the year before Paul’s arrival. Devin Booker, Deandre Ayton, Mikal Bridges and the rest of Phoenix’s young core will enjoy added visibility during a Christmas matchup with Curry’s Warriors and an opening week playoff rematch with reigning MVP Nikola Jokic and the Denver Nuggets.

Memphis Grizzlies: Thanks to his athleticism, moxie and leadership, Ja Morant has the potential to become a full-fledged superstar with global reach. The 22-year-old guard flew under the radar due to an early injury, but he still ranked 14th in second-half jersey sales and led an electric run into the playoffs. The small-market Grizzlies are set for seven national appearances and could become regulars if Morant’s popularity can rival the likes of Young and Doncic.

Chicago Bulls: Much like the Knicks, the Bulls spent several losing seasons mired in irrelevance before showing some signs of life last year. Chicago crumbled down the stretch, but it brought in DeMar DeRozan, Lonzo Ball and Alex Caruso as part of an aggressive offseason overhaul. That effort earned Chicago, which is seeking its first playoff trip since 2017, five national appearances. The NBA isn’t totally sold yet, as it snubbed Zach LaVine and his new-look supporting cast from Christmas and the high-profile opening week games.

Trending Down
    New Orleans Pelicans
    : Did the Zion Williamson hype bubble burst already? During Williamson’s rookie season, the Pelicans were scheduled for 20 national appearances, including on opening night and Christmas. Two years later, the Pelicans have lagged in the standings and endured a pair of coaching changes even though Williamson has become an all-star. As a result, New Orleans is down to only 10 national appearances. To recapture the spotlight, Williamson must lead a winner.

Houston Rockets: What’s the difference between an established franchise player and an aspiring one? In 2019-20, James Harden’s final full season in town, Houston was scheduled for 26 national appearances. This year, the rebuilding Rockets will get just one. While No. 2 pick Jalen Green had some dazzling moments at Las Vegas Summer League, his rookie campaign will mostly air on League Pass.

Los Angeles Clippers: Despite reaching the West finals for the first time in franchise history, the Clippers have fallen out of the league’s top television tier. Blame Kawhi Leonard’s extended absence after ACL surgery for LA’s drop from 26 scheduled appearances in 2019-20 to 15 this year. This coverage crunch could be a blessing in disguise: Paul George and Reggie Jackson thrived in the 2021 playoffs once expectations diminished following Leonard’s injury.body up. Celebrating other teammates.”

12. Salvy

Salvy Member

I think Houston can actually be good this year if they decided to not tank for a pick, not great but just good...Wall, Gordon and Wood if they all actually play can net you some wins and if we have a breakout year from KPJ that could easily shift Houston into a borderline above .500 team... Houston I believe is well structured, the rebuild has essentially potential in every position. There are no positions where we could say nothing could or can happen since we have so many young multi position players with high upside. We just don't have many holes in the lineup of guys that only do one thing with the exception of Garuba and even as raw as he is he could still flourish into something like Draymond....

Not sure what I want, I'd love to see Green and KPJ have some success and win...... Not sure I'd like our young rookies to be in a state of misery every game and get used to the stigma of Houston being one of the worst teams in the league...

clos4life likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

14. conquistador#11

Heeeey Houston, I'm excited for the preseason! Around 1,008 hours for the first preseason game!

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Homer or optimistic?

16. Salvy

Salvy Member

The main focus right now should be The Rockets training facility, the season should be on the backburner... We need one of them multi court facilities with hot tubs and pool tables.... Tv's and don't forget the video games so they can play bball online....

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

https://min.news/en/sport/cbad8c76ac70e9b01acf93215e991f4f.html

35 win 47 loss prediction on this one. Which is about the 7th-10th worst record.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  18. eman

eman Contributing Member

My ideal '22 season: win every game against the Nets and Lakers, lose every other game, and warmly welcome Mr. Holmgren!

peleincubus likes this.
  19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I believe in "record prediction thread" I said 38 to 43 wins

Then the schedule thread came out and I said around 39 wins.

The link you posted has it closer than those knuckleheads that say 18 wins.
    Those people are just lazy. Study every team and when they get to Houston
    they just "Copy, Cut, and Paste." They just tac on one more win to appear
    different than last season without really putting much thought into it.

The link doesn't say much or as to what logic; but I also have the same teams
    ahead of the Rockets with exception to the Blazers and/or Pels.

I have the Rockets around 9th in the West. I don't believe the Pels are better
    without Lonzo.

Pels have basically their 5 starters and virtually nothing else imo.
    (averages last season)
    Josh Hart: 9.0 pts....8 rebs....2.3 Ast
    Ingram: ....23.8 pts...4.9 rebs...4.9 Ast
    Zion:.........27.0 pts...7.2 rebs...3.7 Ast
    Valanciunas: 17.1 pts...12.5 rebs....1.8 Ast
    Devonte Graham: 14.8 pts...2.7 rebs....5.4 Ast

...........................= 91.7 pts...35.3 rebs...18.1 Ast

Rockets........= 80.3 pts....25.7 rebs...15.4 Ast

E Gordon:......17.8 pts.....2.1 rebs......2.6 Ast
    Tate:..............11.3 pts......5.3 rebs....2.5 Ast
    Wood:............21.0 pts......9.6 rebs....1.7 Ast
    Theis:.............9.6 pts........5.5 rebs...1.7 Ast
    Wall:...............20.6 pts......3.2 rebs....6.9 Ast
    (averages last season)

It's where the Rockets others close the gap and surpass the talent of the Pels.
    Sengun, Garuba, *Kenyon, Jalen Green, House, Augustin, Nwaba

Blazers are slightly better than Pels, imo:
    (averages last season)
    Lillard:.........28.8 pts.......4.2 rebs....7.5 Ast
    McCollum:...23.1 pts.....3.9 rebs......4.7 Ast
    Norman Powell: 18.6 pts...3.1 rebs....1.9 Ast
    Nurkic:....11.5 pts.......9.0 rebs...........3.4 Ast
    Covington: 8.5 pts......6.7 rebs.........1.7 Ast

.................= 90.5 pts......26.9 rebs.....19.2 Ast

Rockets
    again: .....= 80.3 pts.......25.7 rebs......15.4 Ast

I'm going with the Rockets to finish ahead or with Blazers/Pels.

**Will everyone stay healthy????? Don't know; but that can be asked from every team.
    *Note: Kenyon stats in final 13 games were approx 17 pts per game vs mostly PO teams

edited: oh yeah, forgot that guy named Kevin Porter jr

#79 ApacheWarrior, Aug 25, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    peleincubus likes this.
  20. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Same. I was done with all news outlets and sports about that time. Couldn’t stay away tho from the Rockets, was excited about Christian Wood and his start. I went with Fubo as a streaming service to get the AT&T channel.