1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will KPjr put up 20 & 10 this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jul 31, 2021.

?

Will KPjr put up 20 & 10 this year?

1. Yes

2. NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Salvy

Salvy Member

The bigger question is how many points is KPJ losing due to the training facility, if its maybe 2 or 4 no big deal but in order to get 20 pts this year he would have to be scoring 26 at least to make up for the tiny one court training facility....

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Year 1 as a PG : 16 and 6
    Year 2 as a PG : 32 and 12

It’s just logical guys.

Williamson, Andre0087, HP3 and 3 others like this.
  3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It blows my mind that Michael Adams is on that list. I totally forgot about him. He had a few really good years. But other than him, and possibly Deron Williams, those are all first ballot hall of famers.

burlesk likes this.
  4. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

I can see KPJ flirting around 10 assists at some point in his career but not this year because of Wall. He's a gifted passer though, or rather... he sees the floor really well and just has a good feel for seeing the plays develop before they happen but its going to take a couple of seasons I think.

YaoMing#1, fattz and Plowman like this.
  5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's possible, now? Yes!?! ;)

Andre0087, burlesk and hakeem94 like this.
  6. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Not 10 assists per game

Space City likes this.
  7. Plowman

Supporting Member

I know..I know..that's the fat #...But, KPjr is a rare gem...To even approach it with some kind of efficiency is a beautiful thing. Having Jalen & a fockassed EG (until he's dealt) should help those assist totals, eh?

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I forgot about this thread! Nice!

[​IMG]

hakeem94, burlesk and Plowman like this.
  9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

10. alethios

alethios Member

If he can become an elite PnR passer, he would definitely achieve those numbers, but it may take a couple of years.

Plowman likes this.
  11. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

With the Wall news I would be surprised if he doesn’t avg 20/7 this year.

I think getting numbers is easy for him it’s about the efficiency for me I want to see atleast 44% FG and 36% from 3 and 80% from FT.

if he can do that he’ll be a legit star in this league maybe not mvp guy but a allstar level player moving forward and a player the team should keep and build around with other talent.

he’s a gifted passer no doubt.

I think assuming he can shoot those splits and get 20/7 this year the real question is can he take it to the next level scoring wise and be a legit 25+ppg and a true mvp level guy.

I don’t want to put the shadow of Harden on him just cause their skill set is very similar.

Harden came in at 22 and avg 25/6/6 and took a team that was supposed to be very bad to the playoffs his first year here.

if kpj can do that I’ll be really really surprised and very happy. I like watching the kid play

hakeem94 and Plowman like this.
  12. Plowman

Supporting Member

Right on! And, he did this in only 26 games...with Wall/Oladipo in the way (often deferring)..and, with Wood hurt much of the time....no semblance of a cohesive team or many finishers around him. (14 assists in another game too)

#172 Plowman, Sep 15, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    Verbal Christ likes this.
  13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Scooter had 7 or more assists in 11/26 games last year while dealing with all the noise you brought up. Add to that that KP seems like he's LOVING the idea of being a playmaking POINT GUARD. I'd really look at his scoring as secondary - I feel like he will completely buy into setting up the other guys on this team.

hakeem94 and Plowman like this.
  14. vator

vator Contributing Member

This seems like a strange bar to set. The list of guys who have averaged 20 points and 10 assists per game in the NBA is extremely short and littered with absolutely ELITE all-time great level players. Michael Adams being the biggest exception. If I'm missing somebody let me know. No knock against him, but no way he goes for 20 and 10. That just doesn't seem to be a realistic goal or expectation. Lots of GREAT players NOT on this list.

1. Oscar Robertson 5x
    2. Nate Archibald
    3. Isiah Thomas 4x
    4. Magic Johnson 3x
    5. Kevin Johnson 3x
    6. Tm Hardaway 2x
    7. Chris Paul 2x
    8. Deron Williams
    9. Russell Westbrook 5x
    10. James Harden 2x
    11. John Wall
    12. LeBron James

Mathloom likes this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

Lets just see what happens honestly. I wanna see what his and Green's on court chemistry is like.

harold bingo likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

still an easy no

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I like it that the fans require elite performances from the players

fattz, Plowman and Verbal Christ like this.
  18. mightybosstone

I posted the same link in the Green for RoY poll, but I'm sharing ESPN's recent survey on the site this morning, because the analysts surveyed had KPJ listed third for most likely to win Most Improved Player. He's behind Michael Porter Jr. and SGA. LaMelo Ball was fourth, Edwards fifth, Jaren Jackson Jr. sixth, Morant seventh and Zion eighth. Christian Wood apparently also got some votes.

For once, I hope ESPN is right about the Rockets. A Rookie of the Year and top three Most Improved Player this season in the same back court would mean the future was very bright for this franchise and those guys had damn good seasons.

Plowman likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I initially thought he wouldn't get the assists, but if Green is half as good as advertised, KPJ should be able to manage 10 assists a game to go with 20 points.

20. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

20 points is definitely doable, he has a good shot at that, but almost no shot at 10 assists. 20/8 seems more realistic. I'm much more interested in seeing him improve his efficiency than anything else. All that scoring talent means nothing if you can't do it efficiently.

red5rocket likes this.