1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Case for Josh Christopher - Possibly Best Value Pick w/ All-star Potential

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Medicine N Music, Aug 8, 2021.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yep,
    btw what package you imagine prime wb could have gotten back for okc to pair with durant harden and ibaka?

snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. vator

vator Contributing Member

I’m not that big on Cam Thomas. To each his own. I get the inefficient guy that doesn’t do much else for you if he’s not scoring vibes from him. Like Jaygup though, he is only 19 so he may still develop some other things. Maybe he’s in a perfect place with the Nets to take his game to another level learning from the best of the best. Well anyways here are the highlight packages of the three SGs I see mentioned the most as guys we should've picked. Thomas, Grimes, and Hyland. You be the judge. Watch these videos and see what you think. I don’t think any of them has as much potential to be a 2-way (offensive and defensive) impact player while also being able to slide over and play a little point guard. Josh is the only combo guard. All three are easily better shooters than Josh, but I struggle to see any other facets of the game that any of them are clearly superior at right now. I'd say Grimes is the next best all-around player. I really like what I've seen from Miles McBride. He is strictly a PG though, because of his size, but he plays both sides of the ball, can dish it, and get his own.

Edit: Oh yeah, I haven't heard him mentioned much after the summer league started because he didn't really play that well so I forgot about him, but there were some Jaden Springer guys out there too so I added a Springer video too.

#222 vator, Aug 19, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    D-rock, NewAge, CVcrew and 6 others like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

4. bmelo

bmelo Member

Maxing out is maxing out. He probably falls into 50% of Westbrook range is that a good thing? And even if he has all the luck in the world and becomes WB type… everybody hated WB here

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

realistic to say, based on the 4 summer league games, i expect no more from jaygup, just dunt wanna seeing him expose himself as early as as a ball hog, otherwise he belongs to G league where could let him cool down a little bit.

edit:
    of course there are bright side

but still, it's summer league, in regular season he gonna face real challenges, his statistics could not look so beautiful

#225 DeBeards, Aug 19, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    rfrocket and hakeem94 like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

7. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

I don't want to be a wet blanket but whatever

He was great value. But the fit is so weird.

I was just so high on Jalen Johnson and Trey Murphy III and knowing they went a few spots ahead just kills me.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  8. vator

vator Contributing Member

I liked those guys too, but Trey Murphy, Jalen Johnson, Kai Jones, Isaiah Jackson and Tre Mann can’t be weighed against Josh because they were all gone by 23 and 24. You’d have to evaluate those guys against Sengun at 16 because that is who was chosen over them.

D-rock, CVcrew, Deckard and 3 others like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Humility is so refreshing.

Such a likeable kid.

10. clos4life

clos4life Member

That 44%TS looks awful. If he raises that it could become a steal of a pick.

vator and D-rock like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

If JC could shoot 3ball or his TS% was better, then no way he would have been available with 24th pick.

Rockets have 2 young Hardenesque type players, looking forward to seeing both develop.

12. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is crazy people still don't understand this. JC has great length for a PG, average length for a wing. He already can play NBA level defense and has NBA level mid range game already as a 19 year old (who doesn't turn 20 until December).

If he could shoot lights out, he would have been a top 10 pick. However, he shot 80% on FTs, so there is hope that he develops into a 35%+ 3 point shooter.

burlesk, Plowman, vator and 4 others like this.
  13. NewAge

NewAge Member

I’m OK with our guy. I see more polish in the others, but Josh seems to have the best twitch of the group. NBA game is just faster and more athletic than any other league, and certainly Summer League. These guys will not look nearly as smooth in real games as in these youtubes. Josh just needs to harness his superior physical talent. Much much easier said than done… but ceiling is higher, from what I can see.

D-rock, hakeem94 and vator like this.
  14. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I do know one thing, when he gets on the court, Silas better be using that little cheeky mid-range shot he does that's just automatic. Even if all he provides on the offensive end is running in transition, drives and that one shot he should have decent production.

burlesk, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  15. kiwirocketsfan

The new Rockets are hella likeable.

burlesk and D-rock like this.
  16. Vivid

Vivid Member

17. Medicine N Music

Supporting Member

Looks like a good pick at #24. Very small sample size, but he appears to be at least a good rotational piece/6th man type. Potential is off the charts and dependent on his shooting/work ethic.

Deuce and D-rock like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

You deserve all the kudos man.

I believed but you really BELIEVED!

:D

burlesk and Medicine N Music like this.
  19. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I wanted Quentin Grimes at #24 but now Christopher is my Rockets wife.

20. Medicine N Music

Supporting Member

Thanks bro! I just loved his game when he was in high school. It's nice to see him put it together so fast. Now he needs to continue to develop and be consistent.

Hopefully Green will be on the same trajectory.

DaDakota and D-rock like this.