1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets 2021-22 Schedule

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Aug 20, 2021.

?

How many games will the Rockets win this year?

Poll closed Oct 20, 2021.
  1. Less than 17

2.6%
  2. 17-19

3.5%
  3. 20-25

28.1%
  4. 26-30

27.2%
  5. 31-35

15.8%
  6. 36-40

7.9%
  7. 41-45

6.1%
  8. 46-50

1.8%
  9. 51-55

1.8%
  10. 55 or more

5.3%
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

Better yet. I’ll give you better odds and we can tip jar bet where clutch benefits. If you decline the tip jar, I’ll even do a 1 on 1 and give you even odds where you can just bet 100 to win 100. When I win I’ll just give it clutch and his website anyway

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

3. the shark

the shark Member

Wondering who the five people are that were smoking crack when they voted that the Rockets would win 55+ next year??

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

clos4life, Amiga, Williamson and 2 others like this.
  5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Toyota Center crack is so good. It all started at the Compaq Center though. That crack was undeniable.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

I can vouch for @don grahamleone and the 82-0.

[​IMG]

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

J.R. likes this.
  8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

@Batman Jones is most likely right there with me. Historically he has been.

But really, the NBA has yet to prove that they can stop Team Blackjack. The Pistons tried to double team Green and got punished for it, no one has an answer for the Whirling Dervish, JC is Jebus Crise incarnate and UUUUUUUSSSSSS-MAN is an assist/rebound/block machine. EGo is gonna have so much fun this year, his head might pop off.

I mean, name one team out there that can beat us. I will have a winning argument for whoever anyone says.

Garuba is the Giannis stopper. Jalen owns the NBA and JC blesses the Rockets. I mean how on Earth do we need Chet Holmgren when we have an unbeatable roster as is.

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I want to disagree with you but your points on Josh Christopher are just too compelling.

D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes D. I started second guessing myself on strength of schedule from the first time I saw it.

Your post reaffirms my belief

I have:
    Oct: 3-3
    Nov: 9-5
    Dec: 9-7 (21 wins by Jan)
    Jan: 6-8
    Feb: 4-6
    Mar: 6-11
    Apr: 2-3

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

Well we know @Batman Jones made it clear he doesn’t support this nonsense.

12. Bo6

Bo6 Member

they really need to shorten the season to 60 games and have more rest in between.

smoothie likes this.
  13. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I’m going to Vegas!

As sir George once said, you gotta have faith

14. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I don't know. I might have to get over the ownership and watch for the rookies this year. I don't want to miss out on their development and I really missed following the team last season, even though Gordon and House were left from the team I'd been rooting so hard for. I'm up for a rebuild with some exciting rookies though. That's a whole other thing than last year.

Anybody have advice as to the best way to get the games without cable? I cut my cords after the 2020 season and election.

don grahamleone likes this.
  15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Glad to see the second half is brutal....perfect.

GOOGOOMECHUCK likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

they won’t do it, but they should consider shortening the regular season to 70-72 games and eliminating B2Bs

too many players, especially star players, don’t even play both games

let’s up the quality of regular season ball

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

@ApacheWarrior in my humble opinion you are out yo damn mind. It will be an interesting season to watch regardless.

I think they end up with a top 5 pick (or at least bottom 5 record) and will be cheering every loss.

Now hurry up October!!

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I respectfully disagree.

Wall....Eric Gordon.....Tate or Kenyon......Wood........Theis
    with depth or potential starting of Porter/Green/Sengun/Garuba/House/Khyri/JC

are much better than you think. Too good to lose 28 games. I have just add another 11 wins
    Last season Wall was coming from a two yr hiatus. Rehab season.

You are assuming injuries. I did that last year with Conley and Utah.
    They ended up top seed as Conley who is good for 30 reg games missed every season
    was relatively injury free last season. We can assume injuries with every team, doesn't
    mean that it will happen.

peleincubus likes this.
  19. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

agreed. they don't want to lose income from televised games and ticket sales so they won't shorten the season too much. but they will makeup the ratings and ticket sales with increased prices and viewership since fewer games means each is more important. I think they can do it.

I'd like to see 58 games (play each team home and away). that controls for strength of schedule as much as possible. they do a 16 team playoff bracket regardless of conference with an expanded play-in tournament.

20. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I just don't think we're better, or have a more talented roster, than: LAL, UTA, PHX, GSW, DEN, LAC, POR, DAL, or NOP

I think maybe if the rockets overachieve and these teams underachieve, we're in the mix with MEM, SAC, MIN. but it would take everything going wrong for those 3 teams and everything going right for us to even be in that mix, let alone end up on top of that pack and in the play-in tournament.

more realistically, we are in the mix with the SAS, OKC, and one of MEM, SAC, and MIN who will underperform and end up tanking. and at some point when the play-in tournament is out of reach, wall and gordon get shut down too.

I don't think you're wrong to assume we have more talent than some of those teams, but I also don't think that talent will equate to winning in year 1 since these kids are so young. I'd bet on another top 6 pick between us, OKC, ORL, SAS, DET, and CLE.

peleincubus likes this.