1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[SI] James Harden reveals why he left Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jalen Green OnlyFan, Aug 19, 2021.

?

Does this offend you as a Houstonian?

1. Yes

46 vote(s)
    24.9%
  2. No

139 vote(s)
    75.1%
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nah JaGOF. No idea how a JaGOF thinks he can speak on this topic accurately

2. Jalen Green OnlyFan

This is a poor response man. All you did was say “I don’t like your name so you’re wrong”

Basically it’s just stupid to gatekeep being a rockets fan. I guarantee you there are true Rockets fans that don’t post online.

You should welcome new posters instead of gatekeeping

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

New posters are welcome when they understand how to actually act like it. Not pollute the board and try to be the loudest. So are you a season ticket holder to be able to speak on them? Doubt it. How root sports coverage has anything to do with this conversation is beyond me. It isn’t just your name. You’ve clearly admitted you’re Filipino and a JaGOF before. Quit using this victim act. You did it yourself

4. Jalen Green OnlyFan

The point is someone can be a true Rockets fan despite join date, vaccination status, and username choice.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

So basically the previous post was accurate. Exactly. The point is folks can act. And that can be spotted from a mile away. So again you can supposedly speak for season ticket holders when you’re actually not one. Hmmm

6. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Typically you see guys lose a ton of weight in the off-season, get really lean, and right before camp they start putting on the muscle again. I am not sure the exact reasoning, but I am assuming it is better for their legs/knees if they only have that weight on them during the season. I have seen Lebron in Vegas in July, he looked as skinny as KD, I have also seen him courtside during the season and he looks completely different. Harden in off-season 2019 looked extremely lean, not sure what happened last year, but he may be focusing a lot more on the business side outside of basketball these days. I am hoping for Brooklyn to exit playoffs early, I definitely think that would get the ball rolling on their demise and our picks increasing in value.

7. s3ts

s3ts Member

Yeah there's not many who could take the garbage roster and push it over the finish line.

Trying to compare Harden to Hakeem is what some people like to do, and everyone knows its ridiculously unfair to Harden to put the same burdens.

We're in an era of superteams. You can't expect Harden to do everything. We got close with one other all-star next to him. I'm fine with that. If you're not OK, you're pushing blame on the wrong guy because Harden could've gone further had he had more weapons. There's just other teams who managed to put together better rosters with a budget that the owners mandated. And a ton of it has always been luck, as Morey himself can attest to.

clos4life and HP3 like this.
  8. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

He Capping he wanted to win a easy chip.

9. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

Harden would self destruct in big games.

10. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Kyrie and James is not going to get you a championship. Kd is done. I think its funny but there going to wind up not winning a ring, and james is just another failure(In regards to getting a chip). He just a high volume scorer, don't get me wrong he is a amazing player during the regular season doing some things like oscar Robertson, but in the heat of when it counts he will not show up, nor does his skills.

We seen this here, and you can say it was injury blah blah to pass the time, he just another Barkley, great but not a leader, and the players surrounding him were similar, has been semi-leaders who got lucky to win a chip, because they used Bron and Curry to get it. But the problem is he using 2 peeps who couldnt do on there own with out the big ones. End of story.

It takes the right mix of players, and mind set to get in. Just look at Bucks, they have that team to get threw nets again. Giannis is in his prime doing Bron things. Somebody down the road gonna team up with him and not get in, and probably say the same crap in 5-7 years from now lol.

#270 Le$$, Aug 22, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    Jalen Green OnlyFan likes this.
  11. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

FWIW I liked Harden. Hated to see him go. I do respect what he did for the franchise and would much rather preferred him being here than us being say the Timberwolves during that same stretch. Regular season MVP. I think it’s sad he wasn’t able to accomplish that championship here. A lot of that’s on his performance in those big moments, or lack of.

12. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

KD's done!?!?

Right now, he's the best player in the world.

I do believe these guys will fall off a cliff, and we'll have choice picks, but...for now....

D-rock, s3ts, CVcrew and 3 others like this.
  14. GOOGOOMECHUCK

GOOGOOMECHUCK Member

KD is the best in the world absolutely. Nets will only go as far as he can take them.

VickMackey and Plowman like this.
  15. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

Yessir. Everyone else is ridin coattail

GOOGOOMECHUCK likes this.
  16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Clutch

Clutchfans is when universe asked for the greatest Rockets fans to unite and defeat evil
    we did that

VickMackey and Plowman like this.
  17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Jalen Green is offended, James Harden says he has more bounce than Jalen.

James ignored taking the picture.

Jalen says I'll dunk on James.

Gimmmethemike likes this.
  18. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

Seems like a lot of these guys aren’t even rooting for the rockets anymore

Kevooooo likes this.
  19. jayfree

jayfree Member

Wait... so it WASN'T about not bringing back D-Mo?!

Rochut likes this.
  20. DonatelloLimestone

I Can not believe the rockets would cater to a diva...we should enforce strict rules like we always do taht apply to the whole team...not just the star

I'm sure giannis, lebron, kobe, or any teams main star gets the same treatment...

D-rock likes this.