1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ mad at 2K rating

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Aug 21, 2021.

?

Should KPJ be in the 80s?

1. Yes

83 vote(s)
    63.8%
  2. No

47 vote(s)
    36.2%
  1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you seem to be close to the truth imho but the truth be told anything can be in play

wlekfjv923n likes this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nba is all about hollywood drama and narrative...the real basketball and skills are secondary...we saw countless times more marketable teams/players win
    nba2k rating is all about marketing and PR

3. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

The CCP. You're all doomed.

4. bmelo

bmelo Member

The way he rants about his headbands and rating in 2k is cringe. Thats the perception of him - noname with average performance on worst team in the league. He wasnt even in the league not so long ago and was on his way out to Australia. What did he expect 85?

5. omgTHEpotential

"Love KPJ and know the sky is limit but in this specific case… 1 of 82 does not a rating make"

As opposed to these rookies who had more than one 50-point game in the NBA? Pretty idiotic logic by this Ron fella. Glad KPJ is taking this as extra fuel/motivation though.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

sToP CoMpLaInInG
    PlAy bEtTeR
    ImPrOvE YoUr gAmE
    pRoVe iT On tHe cOuRt
    dO It cOnSiStEnTlY
    ShUt Up KpJ!
    ThInKiNg ToO hIgHlY oF yOuRsElF!
    ItS jUsT a ViDeO gAmE!

"I work extremely hard," said Durant, who was a 96 overall last year. "I pretty much do everything great. That's why I should be a 99."

Tatum’s final rating in 2K21 was a 91, and before learning of his 2K22 rating, he said he felt his base rating should be a 92 for the new year. He was shocked to find 2K had relegated him to a 90 overall for the launch of 2K22. “I don’t know how we keep going backwards. I scored 50 points in the playoffs twice, four 50-point games. Tied Larry Bird’s record. 27 a night.”

[​IMG]

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Why can’t he complain about his 2k rating and also be working on his game? Who gives a ****, let him b**** about it. Everyone else does. I wasted as much time typing this as he did complaining about his 2k rating.

Denovo and VickMackey like this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, not at all, I just don't buy in to the irrational hype and I don't feel the need to tear down players that are clearly better than him to try and prop him up.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  9. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

This guy is creating controversy to garner attention for him and the game. Its free advertising and he has the best players in the world talking about the game.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Yup. Take all the good from Harden. Leave the bad. Quit trying to be baby James. Be a grown KPJ and make your own name. Get a ring before James Harden.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

How are these numbers determined? Is it just some dude reading tea leaves and pull a rating out of their ass? Or is produced from some statistical model?

12. amaru

amaru Member

He has no room to complain when the team’s losing streak was longer than their win total.

13. amaru

amaru Member

Let’s focus on playing .250 ball first killa.

14. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

I get the players are super competitive, it's part of NBA culture, players being gamers and the egos. I also understand it engages NBA fans to sell and create a fanbase money wise. I like games and would do it to it if moved the needle for the brand financially and the fans, or use it as motivation to get better. But I wouldn't take it serious.

But yeah, still think this is silly compared to focusing on just working on your game, maxing your contract and getting rings/HOF acceptance. There's many that comment about it and many players that never commment about it.

If you're just doing it for fun that's one thing, it's funny to talk about, but being really focused and serious about it? :D

Change.org: Jimmy Butler’s 2K Rating should be a 90 or higher

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Thread title trhew KPJ under bus. I
    See everybody does it.. some of yall in this thread need to chill out, lol

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

It's a combination of both. The individual "overall" rating is mathematically calculated based upon each individual stat and attribute (3 point shooting, contested shooting etc.), but these individual stats and attributes are likely numbers pulled out of the developer's asses (though not entirely baseless, since it does tend to reflect box score stats).

The overall rating, as far as I'm concerned, is based upon the aggregate of these stats, but the stats have different weighing in the overall rating, which is further skewed by positions played. For example, something like passing/playmaking affects the overall rating of a point guard much more than a center (based on the logic that PGs ability to playmake is a vital part of their skill set, in comparison to a center), whereas rebounding stats will affect the overall rating of a center more than a point guard (since a center's ability to rebound is vital to their "position").

Highlyrated likes this.
  17. T for 3

T for 3 Member

You are right about my misreading the tone of his tweet. However, I do think he is too full of himself for his age and lack of accomplishments.

Highlyrated likes this.
  18. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Kpj is jealous of green, he did say rookies which means more than 1 rookie. The fact that he thinks he's better than green or cade is laughable.

19. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Lmaooooo

20. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Kpj rating actually makes sense and this is why...
    If you look at the rating in 2 parts the offensive and defensive part ,the rating would average both of these together .For example it could be that offensively kpj rating is atleast an 79 but on defense he's not good an his rating could be a 75. So if you add 75 plus the 79 then divide it by 2 it averages out to 77. So offensively kpj is actually higher than a 77 .But the 2k rating is taking into account his defensive rating aswell.