1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Afghanistan 2021

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Jun 25, 2021.

1. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

Isn't Parliament run by the right wing right now? Brexit types.

This news doesn't mean much in context.0

2. astros123

astros123 Member

Have you ever thought that the Afghani people just want peace and live without fear?! There's hundreds of thousands of Afghanis who have been living in Pakistan have been fleeing to Afghanistan in the past week. Al Jazeera reported up to 40k afghanis are finally entering Afghanistan from Pakistan border

3. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Absolutely Thanks Mathloom for once again attempting to educate the vast majority of Democrats, Republicans and Independents in the US who do not recognize your truth.

Mathloom likes this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So proud of Biden for doing the right thing, even if it is hard.

DD

T_Man and astros123 like this.
  5. AB

AB Contributing Member

Damn. CNN coverage is really brutal. I am not sure what they are saying anymore.

By all means, it seems to me like they are saying we should not have come out of Afghanistan but that is not what I heard from all the media, right and left including CNN, before any of this is done. It is all about how we are overstaying there and we should come out ASAP.

I am unable to keep up with the news on who is saying what anymore

6. HardenVolumeOne

Have no problem with leaving Afghanistan. It’s the manner in which Biden did so, trump wouldn’t have done it this way at all

Astrodome and TheresTheDagger like this.
  7. DaDakota

This is EXACTLY what TRUMP ordered, this is HIS order they are following you moron!

DD

astros123 likes this.
  8. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Don't waste your time...

AleksandarN and astros123 like this.
  9. HardenVolumeOne

No way trump would have ****ed up as bad as biden did this evacuation. This is saigon all over again lol. But keep celebrating sleepy joe

10. HardenVolumeOne

biden doesnt waste time answering questions from the press.

He just walks out on em like a boss

11. AB

AB Contributing Member

There is 4 million people in Kabul. I am assuming, if at least 1/10th of them try to take a desperate chance to get out, that is about half a million people trying to rush to airport. This chaos is bound to happen once the afghan government gave up and Taliban entered Kabul.

I am not sure Trump(or anyone for that matter) will have plan for that.

But CNN is taking it to Biden very hard.. I just watched TV after a long time and frankly a bit surprised.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

US spent years and who knows how much money, and it all gets undone in the snap of a finger

what a colossal waste of time and lives

Nook, Genesis and astros123 like this.
  13. HardenVolumeOne

all i know is that the 2022 mid-terms is gonna be one for the books

14. HardenVolumeOne

my friend who is a democrat, just said what happens if americans are still there on september 11th, He said flat out what are the afghans gonna do to celebrate the 20th anniversary of 9/11. As soon as he said that, chills went down the back of my spine

im praying for the safety of those americans still there

#654 HardenVolumeOne, Aug 20, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
  15. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

It's a no-win situation over there. I really feel bad for the Afghan people... and especially the ones that work with US allies and can't get out. It's encouraging to read that there is a resistance movement going on against the Taliban. What I wonder is it's not like people are wearing uniforms to differentiate between resistance and Taliban, how do they know who's who?

AleksandarN and Andre0087 like this.
  16. astros123

astros123 Member

Did chills go down your spine when you read these articles

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ontractor-killed-in-afghanistan-idUSKCN1RK28E

It's always funny watching war mongers sit behind a monitor talking about how others should be leading the charge. The protection and safety of our troops is more important then defense contractors getting rich.

Even with non stop propaganda

Biden has bigger balls then all you trumpers combined .

You're telling me that teaching Afghan police officers from TV shows isn't a smart idea ? Who would've known that incompetent afghanis who were pedophiles had no interest fighting for their land

IBTL likes this.
  17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

This exit wouldn't have gone smooth regardless of who was president. You're fooling yourself if you think otherwise. Trump trying to capitalize on the exit chaos by claiming he would have done it much better is highly laughable.

Nook, Andre0087 and nacho bidness like this.
  18. DaDakota

Once again, TRUMP signed this executive Order of withdrawl, and BIDEN agreed with it and is executing it.

Great job by both men to get us out of that armpit of a country that won't fight for itself.

DD

astros123 likes this.
  19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Wow the inaccuracies in this post. That’s the problem with the dumbasses that got us in the war. It was. “We’re liberating them” “they won’t fight for themselves”

20. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

1. Getting out is the right move.

2. The Biden administration has executed the withdrawl very poorly and they were warned by the state department in July to start evacuating no later than August 1st because Kabul was going to fall sooner than they thought.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/confid...nistans-collapse-11629406993?mod=hp_lead_pos7

Also, Trump's plan was never a total withdrawl of military forces. Special Ops were going to maintain a base in Afghanistan for counterterrorism ops.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.