1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hawks' version of cyberx says this about Rockets trade rumor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Outlier, Sep 29, 2020.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I hope so because it's hard to tell your fanbase that you traded away a loyal All-Star player for a Jalen Suggs and an Andrew Wiggins.

roslolian likes this.
  2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

We traded ours for Victor Oladipo :D.

Just kidding, I know we had a ton more draft compensation come our way, plus we were bad enough to land a top 3 pick this year.

D-rock, roslolian and steddinotayto like this.
  3. TimDuncanDonaut

Think long time ago, the Hawks guy mentioned himself the info he get is from his contact(s). So he's 2nd hand, he himself is not the insider.

More like insider adjacent.

Jontro and ROXTXIA like this.
  4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You give good word.

raining threes and Htown Legend like this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Sure I get that maybe you arent a fan of Siakam, but the point is either you are contending or you are rebuilding. They are replacing him with Simmons so isnt that like the same thing? Simmons is good defensively but horrible offensively. Siakam is decent at both. They both make the max so it's a wash except OG and Siakam fit better together than Simmons and OG.

Beal is 28 and in his prime, he wants to be on a contender and not spinning his wheels, that Toronto team is barely better than the Wizards team he left.

If Toronto wants to trade Siakam then they should rebuild by getting 4,7, 14 OG, Gary Trent Jr and Van Fleet. That's a solid core.

If they wanna compete they should trade no 4 and get more help, either trade down and get guys like Kispert and Moody or trade out of the draft and bring an instant impact guy. They can also just get Suggs and roll with it, they will still be competitive and still have both Suggs and OG for the future. If Toronto renounces their rights to Lowry they gonna have a ton of cap room and cna sign yet another dude in FA to help them compete.

#965 roslolian, Jul 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

I guess the fact that Simmons is still younger, with some potential upside left (while Siakam probably peaked two years ago) and plays a different spot (OG or Boucher might take Siakam's spot) could lead them to think it's worth it, but that's just my guess. And Siakam is the only big salary they have to move so, if they want to trade for a max contract they're pretty much forced to move him.

And fwiw Jake Fischer just said about Simmons "talks with the Raptors are thought to be the most advanced", so maybe the Hawks guy got some good whispers, i'm pretty sure i remember him saying his source is a guy on the West coast close to the Warriors, that might be why he's getting some good intel here (if that's the case of course).

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

I dont really watch a lot of Raptors but isnt OG basically a less glorified but more balanced Simmons?

They still have Lowry on the books so maybe they can trade Lowry for Simmons+pick or w/e if thats what they want. I can see getting Simmons and playing him alongside OG, Siakam, Van Fleet and Trent Jr. That makes a lot of sense to me they can play positionless bball and Van Fleet's shooting makes up for Simmons.

They cant really trade Siakam to GSW without getting Wiggins back, and Sixers arent gonna trade Simmons to take back Wiggins lol. How much is the difference between Wiggins and Simmons? Is that worth 7 and 14? Wiggins actually became a good defender this year and after this playoffs barring a scoring revival Simmons aint an allstar anymore either.

Maybe thats where the Bradley beal trade comes from but that seems a waste to me Beal isnt gonna stay long term on a middling Toronto team. They also have Gary Trent Jr who I presume is in their plans if I'm not competing I'd rather have 7, 14, Gary Trent, Wiggins and Suggs over Simmons and Beal. Trent is only 22, Suggs 19 and OG is 24. No need to rush and all 3 are decent players now+whoever they can get from 7 and 14.

#967 roslolian, Jul 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

OG is an elite 3/4 defender who can shoot and guard 3/4 (if not 5) positions, he's got great lenght, on defense he's just that good due to his frame, lenght, instincts, it' s pretty much a mix of Ariza and Ibaka, Siakam is defintely more complete offensively, he just can create more and more consistely while OG is still raw, but i think he has shown some flashes and there's a chance he might become something more on that side, time will tell, but he's still pretty young and due to injuries he didn't really play much for being in the league 3/4 years. Personally i've never been one of those on the OG hype train, but i guess it's possible to expect him to get better offensively, and if that happens he'll be a very good player, probably better than Siakam.

Lowry is a free agent though, his contract is expired.

On Wiggins i agree, nobody is taking that contract aside for a rebuilding team, that's why Washington could eventually make sense to me, if they trade Beal they'll basically start from zero with just Hachimura and Avdija on the team, if they could get a guy like Suggs by moving Beal, i think that would be good for them, he would fit well with what they already have too.

And i'm also not sure about Beal resigning with Toronto, but maybe that's what is going to make or break this deal. Ujiri does love to take risks too (see Kawhi and the big extensions he gave to pretty much all the players he drafted, JaValee in Denver included lol) so, who knows. Not sure if it's worth saying but Beal already entended his contract one time in that dumpster of an organization that Washington is/was, and he doesn't look like a guy that really wants to be in a big market no matter what, maybe the way the Raptors built their reputation in these last few years could be enough to convince him to resign there, who knows.

raining threes and xiki like this.
  9. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/43...k-supes/page/92/?tab=comments#comment-1120430

Hawks talk, Draft trades that almost happened or didn't, Cam Reddish, Ben Simmons, Damian Lillard, Bradley Beal, and what big move could be on the horizon.

As far as the draft, we will start there. A lot of offers were made. I'll talk about the ones that was most serious.

Toronto tired to move down with OKC and wanting a ton of future draft assets, OKC was declined.

OKC did try to move up into the top 3 but didn't have the capital any of the teams were looking at to move down.

Golden State and Atlanta was extremely close to a Cam Reddish/20 for #7 trade. Steph requested them to seriously look into Cam Reddish. GSW was close to pulling the trigger but financial reasons is why they didn't pull the deal at the end. Atlanta was targeting Jon Kuminga who was going to replace Cam Reddish.

Which goes into Cam Reddish. Atlanta offered Cam Reddish to two teams and only two teams. GS for Kuminga and PHI for Ben Simmons. He was told the offer was Reddish/Gallo for Simmons with no draft assets involved. I was told this deal was considered not good enough from PHI or even close. I'll explain more about PHI later when covering Simmons. Atlanta also received two serious offers for Reddish from Cleveland and Detroit. Atlanta wanted a top 4 protected 2022 draft. They see that as a strong class for extremely talented wings. Both teams offer was top 10 with protections that could turn into two 2nds and Cleveland wanted to maintain the top 10 status which didn't interest Atlanta at all. As of right now, none of the Hawks are on the market. This was before the draft. I hate that it takes so long to find out the truth but it is what it is.

Atlanta tried to move up to #9 with Sacramento to take Josh Primo but their offer which was 20/OKC 1st 2022/protected 1st 2022 was declined. Atlanta had the same offer out there for Charlotte who accepted it only if their guy was off the board which he wasn't so the deal fell through. Atlanta also tried to move up to #16 for Sengun with 20/OKC 1st back to OKC but was out bidded by HOU who traded two future lotto protected 1sts.

Sacramento had an offer #9/Barnes/Haliburton available for Ben Simmons which was declined by PHI. SAC was the most aggressive on the Ben Simmons front.

Charlotte was extremely aggressive trying to move down if their guy wasn't available but he was so they didn't.

Indy had some offers for #13 but not the quality they were putting falsely out there. Atlanta never offered them Cam Reddish. While GS offered to do a pick swap of #14/Poole, it was never much more than that. It was minor to say the least. They never offered multiple 1sts.

OKC had several offers for #16(Sengun) but HOU met their demands.

The Knicks tried to move up with Charlotte and SAC but as Atlanta experienced, the cost was way too high with SAC and Charlotte was tough because they wanted assets galore and Bouknight slid. This turned the Knicks into sellers as they felt the meat of the draft was in the late 1st and early 2nd round.

That's it on the draft. I did find out why Coop felt. This was an extremely deep PG class and many felt he was too raw and he might be too much of a risk. That said, many felt this PG class in general was extremely deep. Coop was hurt by not playing in the Combine game is what he was told. The combine game had a lot of impact on evaluators more than every before.

Ben Simmons

Simmons was aggressively pursued by SAC, MIN, CLE, TOR, ATL, POR, and LAL before they landed Westbrook. His market seems to be dying. Simmons wants out. All of this market talk is BS, he's open to going to Cleveland. Yes, Cleveland. PHI sees his value as Harden and everyone sees his value was top 50 player moreso in the range of what Porzingis pulled when traded from NY to DAL.

SAC still has an offer out there which is now Hali/Barnes/2022 1st lightly protected for Simmons. SAC sees him as a versatile SF who has obvious flaws but they think he can get them into the playoffs.

MIN had the most asset rich offer, he did not know if MIN is still in the Simmons market. They offered Rubio/Culver/a pick swap and multiple lightly protected 1sts for Simmons. This was what teams felt was by far the best offer for Simmons. PHI passed and said they need a centerpiece like KAT or Edwards and the addition of Russell instead of expirings. MIN quickly declined the altered package. MIN saw Simmons as a PF that would be a nice fit next to KAT and a part of their Russell/Edwards/KAT core.

CLE offered a quickly declined package but teams thought it was fair. They offered Nance, Prince, and Sexton with a lightly protected 2022 1st for Simmons. The ability to get two good players like Nance and Sexton as well as a lightly protected 1st was highly valued people around my guy said but PHI declined and said they needed #3 overall for starters. The conversation was short. From what I hear, Cleveland is still highly interested in Simmons but the price they are willing to pay hasn't changed. They want PHI to meet them where they are at, not the other way around. They see him as a SF as SAC does. They really want a bigger wing but the cost is extremely high in their opinion.

TOR had the most hilarious offer. FVV/OG/2022 protected 1st for Simmons. They see Simmons as fine in his current role as a PG. They are fine with him the way he is. PHI declined but one can't help but laugh at a Simmons/Trent Jr/Barnes/Siakam/Borcher lineup. BK has been revived!

ATL offered Cam/Gallo for Simmons. Quickly declined. PHI wanted both Cam and Hunter as well as Okongwu and a pick which was more quickly declined. ATL sees Simmons as a Lamar Odom for the Lakers. An super generational 6th man who can play anywhere needed but they do not see him as a starter is what he was told. I did think about it and it made sense. No one currently is on the market right now from Atlanta. They are riding with the current squad.

POR wanted Simmons for anyone on their roster not named Lillard or RoCo. Everyone else and their assets are fair game. Obviously, that was not appealing. PHI wanted to talk only about Lillard which POR had no interest in moving unless they can get Embiid. These two are miles apart. Don't think if Lillard asked out that PHI has a chance because they don't. They are rubbing each other the wrong way. POR is still interested in Simmons but NOT for Lillard.

LA called and offered but it was quickly declined before the Russ deal was done and they offered if they would care for Dennis but PHI didn't.

The teams most interested in Simmons are non-playoff teams. The playoffs teams didn't want him outside of Atlanta who wants to use him as a 6th man. The non-playoff teams wanted him but they don't have what PHI wants. I was told, PHI is overplaying their hand and will end up with less than what NY got for KP when it's all said and done.

Dame Lillard

He still wants to see changes but their really isn't much other there for what they have to offer. Dame is hoping they can eventually get a 2nd star but knows that's easier said than done. From what I was told, he's not going to ask out since POR FO is extremely transparent with him. Lillard has a lot of suitors. NY, NO, GS, DEN, and MIN are all interested and willing to pay a massive pay to get him. As I said with PHI, these two don't see each other as a trade fit. POR would love Simmons with their current core but PHI hates their pieces outside of Lillard and POR doesn't see Simmons being a centerpiece for Lillard AT ALL. It's unlikely Lillard is leaving POR is the latest he received.

Bradley Beal

While he would like them to make one more move, he was happy with the moves they made over the summer and is highly liking to resign for the supermax.

The biggest move that I am hearing about that could happen is Ben Simmons to Cleveland, Minnesota, or Sacramento during the preseason or early part of the season. That's what Ben's team is working on and PHI knows time in not in the favor. The longer they don't see Lillard asking out, the less assumed leverage they have. Everyone thinks Simmons will be moved sooner than later as Simmons is done with PHI.

10. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

Thanks for posting.

Interesting if OKC saw HOU’s two heavily protected picks from DET and WAS that could take years to convey as better than #20 in this super deep draft and their own first next year back. I don’t think I agree with that in terms of pure value, unless OKC was just trying to push out draft capital since they have so much.

Seems to confirm OKC will tank again next year, if they didn’t value getting their own lotto protected pick back.

11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Morey is delusional on Simmons value. If the reported packages from SAC, Cleveland, or Minni are still available he should jump on one of them. Once the season starts and Simmons still can’t shoot the offers are going down. I think most teams are looking at Simmons as the next John Wall contract.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

this dude allegedly had alllllllllllllllllllllllllll this info but none if it came to fruition. lmao. ok then.

Reeko, robbie380 and steddinotayto like this.
  13. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Philly should've jumped on that Kings trade. Barnes helps the now and Halirburton can be the PG they though Fultz was (just let his shot be janky and don't try to "fix" it).

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

But it's fun, even if it's a waste of time.

Makes me wonder about teams out there that the Rockets might engage in a trade (two- or three-team), given our propensity of shooting guards (so many we call some of them SF's and PF's).

@Grizzlyshark

This is what I don't miss about Morey. As I mentioned, Danny Ainge syndrome. You hit a grand slam and a triple and you keep aiming for that initial cherry high, and then some (three firsts, three swaps, a middling All Star, and the pancakes). And you start getting the door slammed on your dick.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Take it for what it is worth.

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/43...ection-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1183247

NBA Around the League News

Headlines: LeBron James on the trade block, Kyrie to Portland is becoming more than just a want for Portland, Gobert sweepstakes is expected to be massive in number of interested teams!

Western Conference

SW:

Spurs: I haven’t heard too much with the Spurs. I do know Atlanta and San Antonio have had talks about Bogi. SA has a lot of interest in Bogi and they have cap space to take him on with no issues. They have three 1st rounders as well and could sweeten the pot with a 1st rounder as an offer. While I expect nothing here, I did find it interesting as we all know, Pop’s never rebuilding. They haven’t showed too much interest in trading anyone in their young core (Primo, Keldon, Luka P, and Murray).

Houston: They are targeting Mike Conley and would like him to be the PG next to Green. They really want a vet PG in their that knows how to play a secondary role. They are still shopping Wood and Gordon. Both players have a lesser market at this time but we so many potential moves out there, one could be moved during the draft.

Grizzlies: They are open to upgrading Adams. Rudy Gobert is of interest, but they aren’t open to trading anyone in their core (Morant, Bane, Brooks, JJJ). Makes trades kinda hard but they have pieces teams find intriguing. Memphis knows their close.

Mavs: Mavs have had extreme interest in Capela, Turner, and high interest in Gobert. I clearly expect Dallas to upgrade the center position. What Dallas wants to improve most is the secondary scorer to Luka. They are targeting Zach LaVine as their priority target as well as resigning Jalen Brunson. Dallas wants to make a splash. Another player I’ve heard they want to make a run at, Tyler Herro.

Pels: They have been quite of late. They want to resign Zion but not to a full max all guaranteed. They want a Embiid like 2nd contract. They were the big winner of the trade deadline trades.

Northwest:

Portland: Like Atlanta, Portland is one of the most active teams in the NBA right now. They have made it crystal clear. They want to win now. Their priority target is Zach LaVine and if they miss, they really want Kyrie Irving. I was told they prefer to keep 7 but if they move it, they want O.G. Anunoby who’s not available for this price. They have reached out to Atlanta about John Collins as has Sacramento, but Atlanta is not currently shopping JC for now. That could change.

Josh Hart is probably a player that most are watching heavily. A lot of teams want him and if he becomes a FA, he will be one of the most wanted players in this class. I want told full MLE to 16 million per is going to be his rate. The assumption is that Portland will keep him and look to SnT options as other teams are doing.

Denver: They been targeting big wings and PFs. Christian Wood was one name that was mentioned to me here. They have been very aggressive with potential moves. Haven’t shopped any of their core yet: Jokic, MPJ, Murray, Burton, or Gordon).

Wolves: They been shopping D’Angelo Russell. Teams are reluctant to Russell as he wants to do an extension for 30+ million. I would keep an eye on the Knicks and Nets for Russell. He is also hearing interest in getting a PG in FA as well. Delon Wright is a name that has come up.

Thunder: They have been extremely active on the minor assets market. They also have limited roster spots so they are in a pickle to a small degree. I know Atlanta reached out about Gallo. I was told they have zero interest in trading their core pieces (SGA, Giddey, and 2nd overall). They want to resign Dort but he could be had in a trade but he’s overpriced right now.

Jazz: The Jazz are the most called team for sure. More than half of the NBA is interested in Gobert. And outside of Atlanta, I don’t know a single one that would be willing to part with a core piece for Rudy. Rudy trade value in a sweet range where there are a lot of suitors, but Utah probably won’t love the value back. Like Mutombo when Atlanta traded him to Philly. We got Ratliff, Kukoc, Nazr, and Pepe Sanchez. Atlanta is the clear favorites as they are willing to part with a core piece (Capela) but even that deal looks unlikely. He was told that Collins is NOT available for Gobert and that Hunter is not available as well. It seems like a Gobert for Bogi/Capela deal is the likely outcome if a move is made. Maybe even a potential draft pick which I have my doubts. Utah isn’t going to act fast, do not expect a trade till July at the soonest.

Mitchell is probably the most wanted trade target out there. A lot of teams want him. In particular, Toronto. I am told, they would be willing to put O.G. in a deal for Mitchell. That’s a primary target. Miami, Atlanta, New York, Brooklyn, and Chicago are interested in Mitchell. That said, Utah has their eyes on a big prize in Portland. He also heard Utah is NOT interested in Tyler Herro. At least not for Mitchell.

Old but still good: I am told that Utah DOES NOT want to trade Gobert until they maximized all of Donovan’s trade value. They are looking for an upgrade to Mitchell, who is Damian Lillard. Lillard is not available, but they are hoping if he is, they can trade him to Utah for Mitchell to play with Gobert. Otherwise, if they can’t get a superstar for Mitchell, they are keeping him and moving Rudy to Atlanta. Utah is a massive team for me around the league coverage which will be posted soon. Do not expect a deal with Utah to be done till July. Utah is watching Portland.

Utah has been offered John Wall for Conley and Bogey. I was told Utah was lukewarm at best on that and wants a young prospect added to the deal IF they decide to rebuild. Houston is still rebuilding but they want some vets around their young players to develop faster.
    Royce O’Neale is on the block.

Pacific:

Lakers: Offered several teams LeBron James. I was told the cost was prime LeBron like and didn’t appeal to anyone. LAL priority is Zach LaVine. They are targeting him for Westbrook. I am told that’s unlikely but never count out the Lakers. THT is available. The Lakers really want to target cheaper rotational pieces who are still impactful. I am told Delon Wright is a target but for a low price.

Suns: The Suns are not cheap. That’s what they are putting out there. They want to resign Holiday, Biyombo, McGee, and they are looking to add FAs even in the LT. While they would prefer to keep Ayton, they do not want to max him at this time. Ayton has four serious suitors: CHA, IND, DET, and ATL. All have a lot of interest in Ayton. I am told, Ayton would prefer to stay in PHX but he’s intrigued by other teams. Atlanta and Detroit is said to be the most serious suitor. Portland also has interest in Ayton.

PHX is probably the only team outside of MIN with interest in Kevin Love. They also have interest in Julius Randle. They are targeting a PF with some of their lesser players on bigger deals with the sweeter of a future 1st.

That said, Atlanta has talked to PHX and they have a really good framework deal but Charlotte is willing on trading for PHX dead weight players that Atlanta isn’t as even if both meet the draft pick requirements and Atlanta has the better players in the deal in my personal opinion. Charlotte willing to do a BIG deal with multiple players that Atlanta can’t nor is willing to do. I would be shocked if Ayton ended up with the Hawks. I think it’s going to be down to PHX giving him the max or a CHA SnT with players like bad contract players like Payne and Shamet in the deal. Other teams in the mix is the NY Knicks and Detroit Pistons from my understanding.

Clippers: They are always talking and looking for small ways to improve. No big targets right now but they are just chipping at it right now.

Warriors: Not much is being said about the Warriors. Teams around the league think Klay could be had but GS hasn’t put him on the trade block. GS been quiet, being in the Finals will do that to you.

Kings: Called about John Collins. Atlanta isn’t interested in trading JC for anything less than an upgrade or similar level player at a different position at this time. They are hoping Banchero, Smith, or Holmgren fall to 4. They haven’t said they will trade or keep the pick but teams have been calling them and making offers for 4. They want to resign DDV. They also want to continue to build on their squad.

Takes around the NBA:

1. Teams are clearly focused on adding depth more than star hunting. Atlanta and Portland are star hunting though.

2. Memphis feels they are really close, they will look to make depth moves but if they can land a stud like Gobert, they will try as long as the cost is reasonable.

3. Detroit want to make another run rebuilding but if they can add a player like Ayton, they will try. They want franchise pieces only in FA, if they can’t land them, they will look to trades and the draft.

4. Utah is telling teams they aren’t rebuilding, but if they do, they will trade everyone with value is what he’s hearing.

5. Portland and Atlanta want to make a splash.

6. The Knicks will aggressively pursue players who fit with high quality. They want Jalen Brunson a lot. Dallas seriously wants to keep him.

7. CHA and DAL will heavily pursue centers.

8. Nets want to add a number of role players as their depth is poor in their eyes.

9. If the Bulls lose LaVine, they will be open to a SnT.

If Klay Thompson is moved, the teams to watch for are DA

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

What the hell? The warriors wouldn’t want Klay Thompson to retire with them?

Corrosion and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't want Conley or his contract...

18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

This guy belongs in AAA he hasn't gotten a hit in the majors.

D-rock, Corrosion, yixiixiy and 9 others like this.
  19. xaos

xaos Member

Has this guy ever been right?

20. xaos

xaos Member

Seems like an insult to cyberx