1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Innocent until proven guilty is the law. The potential victims haven't been charged with anything and offer weak proof of a crime. I do not believe Watson's contention that he was seeking legit massages.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I contend that a good rub and tug ought to be legal.

DD

IBTL, ROCKSS and body slam like this.
  3. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Watson was looking for someone to rub and plug his *******.

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

And you are absolutely, unequivocally, without a doubt entitled to how you feel - I've felt quite the same way for most of this fiasco. Im trying to take a step back from my own feelings on this after being guilty of hasty generalization myself especially as a father to a daughter around the same age as most of these accusers. My point is that the WOMAN in that article had a scam in place that she has used many times. How many of these accusers could have the same schemes? We wont know until its time for trial. How many women have retracted their statements/accusations thus far? Another accuser supposedly had more visits scheduled with Watson AFTER the alleged assault how does that even work? Rape me once shame on you, rape me twice shame on me??? I've instructed my daughter that the VERY FIRST THING she needs to do in an instance of sexual misconduct is CALL THE POLICE. Then she is to drive to the closest hospital and ask for help because she has been raped and request a rape kit be administered. ITS THE ONLY WAY TO PROVE IT!!

22+ is really, REALLY bad, but could 22+ also have ulterior motives? While the math would seem slim it is a possibility and cant be ruled out entirely. I would think that any woman in the world who is a victim of rape would want to be believed. How do they do that? A starter for me would have been rape kits or going to some kind of authority to document the impropriety. SOMETHING other than just an accusation after X amount of days, weeks or months have passed.

I ask myself in our country what is worse? Allowing a guilty person to be free or incarcerating an innocent person on little to no evidence? For Watson even if he is found to be innocent of all charges/accusations his name has been destroyed and will still be treated as a guilty person in public opinion. His character has been FULLY defamed regardless of outcome. I really hope that if any of these accusers lied that THEY get arrested and charged with making a false accusation which is a crime, but it will never restore Watson to a status of good citizen. He will always be a "freak" from this point forth.

Houston Texans apparently are not THAT disgusted as to not trade him for scraps or just outright release him especially after this sunday school reputation they have. I would think they may have more information than the general public and we all have to try and deduce from the little we really know.

5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/houston-texans-news-trade-deshaun-watson-conditional-nfl-sources

Texans Trading Deshaun? On One ‘Condition’
    Deshaun Watson trade talk has occurred … But the Texans want it a certain way.

HOUSTON - Deshaun Watson of the Houston Texans was in two places at once on Thursday. The QB was on the practice field … and is also on the NFL trade block.

And now a new wrinkle there: A trade is not a front-burner issue. But the idea of a trade involving “conditional picks” is.

League sources tell TexansDaily.com that assorted NFL teams have touched base with Houston on the idea of offering conditional picks for Watson - picks that become first-round selections or lower-round selections depending on how/if the quarterback performs with his new team.

We are told via league sources that Houston does not seem interested in the concept.

Watson issued a trade request this off-season. The Texans would likely comply - and the trade cost would be high - if not for Watson’s legal issues.

Texsns coach David Culley said that Watson is complying with what the team asks of him at practice. Watson reported to training camp to avoid accruing daily $50,000 fines.

“Deshaun is here," Culley said. "Again, every day he's here, he comes in, he works. He does what we ask him to do, and he's here every day and he's doing fine. No, he's not injured. We come up each day and we have a thing for him, and basically we got done what we needed to get done yesterday in practice. He's doing fine right now. We expect him to be back out here pretty soon.”

Watson is facing 22 civil lawsuits alleging sexual assault and/or sexual misconduct and is being investigated by the Houston Police Department for 10 complaints. He has not been charged with a crime.

“I remain convinced that Deshaun Watson did nothing illegal or improper and I’m confident all investigations will show that," Watson's attorney Rusty Hardin said during a Wednesday press conference.

The NFL has not placed Watson on the commissioner-exempt list and he remains on the Texans' active roster. Watson could eventually end up on another roster. But if Houston stands its ground, it won’t happen via “conditions.”

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Deshaun Watson of the Houston Texans was in two places at once on Thursday. The QB was on the practice field … and is also on the NFL trade block.
    ______

Now that is some impressive writing.

pugsly8422 and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. ballgame

ballgame Member

This says exactly what we've known since before the draft. The Texans want a lot for Deshaun, they will not trade him for hypotheticals (conditional draft picks), and attorney feels he's innocent.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. likestohypeguy

We come up each day and we have a thing for him, and basically we got done what we needed to get done yesterday in practice.

That makes it sound like they're giving him office busy work. I like to imagine every so often he pops halfway through a conference room door holding up a stack of files. "Hate to interrupt again, but Sharon where do these go? They from last year. Box them up with the others, or...?"

#2728 likestohypeguy, Aug 19, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    IBTL, clos4life and Hank McDowell like this.
  9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I haven't really poked my head in here in a while.

Why isn't DW playing? He's getting paid right?

10. a time to chill

Texans are going to have to make some sort of decision on Deshaun Watson before the season opener. Starting Tyrod Taylor or Davis Mills while Deshaun Watson is on the roster and eligible to play is the dumbest thing the Texans could do. Either trade him now or start him.

My guess is that he'll be traded very soon from how he's being used in training camp.

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

There is no reason to trade him for nothing. Put him on IR for the season.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

They recently said he was not injured
    so now they cannot put him on IR

Rocket River

13. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

They can’t trade him until all the legal stuff is behind him and that won’t happen for months. So yes he will be on the team as 4th string, completely healthy but never plays, being paid $40m per year benchwarmer.

The clown show continues under Cal.

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Injuries happen ALL the Time by the end of camp....lol.

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

How is it Cal's fault Watson like his butthole tickled by random women?

16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Watson’s legal issues are not Cal’s fault nor are they the reason Watson will be 4th string. It is Cal’s fault that the team’s relationship with Deshaun has deteriorated to the point where he has to pay him $40m to not play.

That relationship has nothing to do with the legal issues. The league hasn’t suspended him, he could practice, play, start, etc. But he won’t and Cal won’t dare push him to do it or suspend him for detrimental conduct for not playing.

CLOWN SHOW

17. Fantasma Negro

18. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

19. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Will he play vs Tampa since he won’t be suspended ?

20. a time to chill

No, Texans' usage of him in training camp makes it seem like they are trying to trade him soon. Tyrod's going to be the starter this season.

Or, they could just tell him not to play while paying him which would be extremely stupid for them to do.

If he's eligible to play, he should play until NFL makes the decision to suspend or place him on the exempt list...if they ever do so.