1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SI] James Harden reveals why he left Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jalen Green OnlyFan, Aug 19, 2021.

?

Does this offend you as a Houstonian?

1. Yes

46 vote(s)
    24.9%
  2. No

139 vote(s)
    75.1%
  1. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Yeah, players are fine for whichever destination or team that they choose. It's not something to get up-in-arms or upset over. It's ridiculous. A player can choose any city for whatever reason. A place to have fun in, build business brand, best looking women, build a nice home, no income taxes, or etc. It's all ok.

Now, the thing is how some players go about it. Harden did go about it in the wrong way, because he was still under contract and was forcing a trade to a team where the Rockets could not get equal value for him. That's kind of messed up. That leaves the team in a tight spot and hurt their competitiveness.

This is one reason why I have respect for LeBron (and KD), they did fulfill their contract obligations and left their teams, when they were unrestricted free agents. They played by the rules.

2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Howard is gone and so is Harden. They were never better than the Warriors. You either lost to Golden St. or you weren't good enough to play them during most of Harden's time here. Nothing to see here, MOVE ON.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This doesn't offend me, but I also know it's not the full story.

bumbum09, burlesk and D-rock like this.
  4. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Harden did us a solid. He left at the perfect time. If he was still here, it's a perpetual 2nd round exit. I'm super excited about our future and hopefully down the road when Harden retires, he reps the city that saw him grow into a star.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

HP3, IvanLCPM, Theking and 9 others like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

HP3, BallaDoc and vator like this.
  7. HoustonWest

HoustonWest Member

I mean, the Rockets were better than the Warriors in 2018. It just didn't work out. It can devolve into a further debate about who was more "talented" but in the end it doesn't matter.

Harden was great, but the criticisms that he didn't have the extra level in the playoffs were very fair. 2018 was a tough task once Paul went down (and they still almost pulled it off). 2019 was a disappointment when Durant went down. 2017 was a disappointment when Harden got blocked by Ginobili in game 5 (game 6 was a disaster that we'll let slide since Harden was probably concussed).

Harden's greatest playoff moment was blocking Lu Dort in 2020 -- they barely got through that series that shouldn't have gone more than 6 games.

Harden unfortunately didn't seem capable of taking it to that next level in the playoffs time and time again. We can't necessarily fault Harden for that, it's more of an observation. He'll do great as the 2nd/3rd option in Brooklyn, but he was never quite good enough to be Kobe or Giannis.

8. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

He knew the Rockets were nvr winning anything with James Dolan as their owner.

Opps I mean fuc Boi…oops I meant Tilman Fertitta

HP3, burlesk, Joe Rocket and 5 others like this.
  9. VoR

VoR Member

Who is this guy? Did he once play for the Thunder? He seems old.

10. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Sounds rather selfish to me. You signed a contract. The organization was doing almost everything you asked for, even sometimes to the detriment of the team. But you needed to focus on something outside of basketball, so you left for a stacked team. Whatever dude. I look forward to rooting against you.

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

It's pretty hard to imagine saying he moved to Sacramento or Salt Lake City to expand his brand.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

A few of you really need to reevaluate how you go about life. If you're seriously offended by someone talking about their own branding and business ventures that have absolutely nothing to do with you, that's how incredibly sad you are. The usual few on CF's who've coincidentally decided to join suddenly, being offended on this subject matter. Just plain embarrassing and laughable at the same time. Spend more time worrying about how you can find a way to be more productive rather than getting offended over something that doesn't even concern you whatsoever

topfive, Deuce, Emtenndo and 3 others like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

only a lame bitter ex who still wants to act like a butthurt baby mama would be “offended”

topfive, 34to11, HP3 and 4 others like this.
  14. Jalen Green OnlyFan

So basically don’t follow sports and get vicariously involved?

The whole point of sports is to care about something that doesn’t affect your real life at all…

burlesk likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nah actually this doesn't relate to it at all. not what you posted. but nice try.

Is there anything sports related in your OP. Nope. Is there anything that remotely says rockets basketball in your OP? Nope. Or any actual basketball play whatsoever in your OP? Nope. You clearly highlighted his branding and business ventures that you are offended.

HP3 and Dobbizzle like this.
  16. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

I don’t think you should be offended by this OP. Or maybe bc you are a Jalen fan you are just asking our opinion as Houstonians? This should be celebrated. Only way Houston was getting a chip with harden is if Durant came here and harden stayed out of the way in the clutch.

BamBam likes this.
  17. Jalen Green OnlyFan

So talking about an ex star athlete leaving my regional team that I’m a life long fan of isnt sports related and has nothing to do with my investment into this team?

Being a sports fan is all about living vicariously. That’s the point.

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

you know any contract has at least two parties right?

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

leaving your regional team huh. Oh you mean the team thats been around for decades but you just suddenly joining CF's as a JaGOF. What a coincidence

Yeah james harden branding and business ventures have 0 to do with you. You know the things you actually posted in your OP. The only things you posted

Theking likes this.
  20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he have a reason why he chose brooklyn over others

not necessarily why he left houston but it's pretty obvious - he ain't no tank commander

HP3 and D-rock like this.