1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green's Fresno upbringing motivates him to prove people wrong, just not in Detroit

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Joe Rocket, Aug 16, 2021.

1. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

So there are non offensive ways? If that's what you are saying I agree with you.

2. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

The NBA is trying to be the WWE so bad.

3. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

His was extreme even people who love player empowerment hated what Harden did largely because Houstons situation was in no small part his fault. The only thing that saved him from getting compeltely trashed was his play in Brooklyn. He still would not have gotten MVP if he was healthy even though he deserved it because of what he did so its not just Rockets fans overeacting.

Drift Monkey likes this.
  4. Jalen Green OnlyFan

I agree but I don’t give Harden credit for us adjusting and finding a better path.

He threw this team under the bus. We easily could’ve been here with no Jalen green or sengun if OKC kept our pick swap, and jumped into the top 4 with their own pick.

We would be stuck with 18 as our top pick and a mad fan base.

5. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

As a fan I honestly don't care about that. Harden leaving was best for the team imo. By all accounts he did it behind closed doors first. Maybe they had an agreement and maybe they didn't. I honestly don't care how him being traded to the Nets came about. I'm glad it happened and I enjoyed watching Harden for the years he was here.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Man, y’all are still trying to litigate the Harden trade?

[​IMG]

7. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Im not surprised. I generally dont like ignoring people just because I disagree with them but his type of vitrol just ruins any hope of a fun debate so there's no point. Best leave it to his shrink to figure out.

Drift Monkey likes this.
  8. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I'd take KPJ/Sengun/Garuba/Christopher/KMJ/Tate over another year of Harden ball. The Harden era was dead imo. Green or no Green I prefer him being gone. It was time. And with OKC getting our picks in 24-26 it needed to happen now imo.

9. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Someone said that I was "whiny" because at the time it happened I was mad at harden, not anymore and the person admitted he thought Harden was being stupid so im not sure how we got here either lol

Drift Monkey and Reeko like this.
  10. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

NOW Im glad it happened but this conversation started because someone called me whiny for not liking it at the time but it was a natural reaction is what we're trying to say.

Drift Monkey and gmoney411 like this.
  11. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I would never call anyone whiney for not liking a trade. But I do think fans get a little too possessive and personal when it comes to players.

12. Rockets4Life13

There's plenty of people to disagree with and debate with on here. He's not one of them.

Drift Monkey and Joe Rocket like this.
  13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so you're saying Harden should have stayed and kept Rockets in contention?

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

are you really surprised

15. AkeemOlaDROwon

I was talking about current state of the franchises.

16. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

In my case it wasnt about him staying or me trying to keep him it was about how he was acting. Also there are some really big die hard harden fans on here and they were even in denial that he wanted to be traded lol this board can get silly sometimes. I got roasted on this board for saying James Harden wanted a trade and wasnt playing hard so that he could be traded. thats common knowledge now but a few months ago it was like yelling "christ didnt exist" in a christian church lol

Drift Monkey and gmoney411 like this.
  17. Jalen Green OnlyFan

The rockets were unprepared. I think they always believed they would trade harden this off-season if he wanted out. Not last offseason. That’s why we have our picks lined up right now.

Also we might not have sengun if we didn’t keep our pick. I believe OKC decided to shift their assets onto a future timeline when they fell out of top 5 in the draft.

If OKC took a top 5 pick cornerstone this year then they probably draft their 16th overall and start building instead of trading it to us.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

19. Jalen Green OnlyFan

If your girlfriend dumps you and you rebound on an even hotter girl do you thank your ex?

You give yourself credit for upgrading and moving on. Not the person who thought you “just aren’t (weren’t) good enough”

20. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

Are you from Houston? Of course we are going To be unfair about this. We houston boys

Drift Monkey likes this.