1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Afghanistan 2021

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Jun 25, 2021.

1. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Too many people going "woke" but they still asleep... congrats to you for waking up.

Also careful using the term "Men" - libtards find that one offensive.

2. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

3. HardenVolumeOne

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  4. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

I'm sorry. It's been decided. Ded like Mando.

Nook and Ubiquitin like this.
  5. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rest In Peace @HardenVolumeOne

TWS1986 likes this.
  6. SuraGotMadHops

The outspoken libs on these threads are now switching to a humor based "I wasn't really taking any of this stuff all too seriously anyway" approach to deflect from the fact they put their eggs in the Biden basket and it blew up in their face, quickly. I think they're embarrassed.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  7. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

I have a lot of egg on my face. Hopefully Papa Biden doesn't forget about me :)

8. edwardc

edwardc Member

I don't see him as a beer drink more of a wine person.

Astrodome likes this.
  9. TheresTheDagger

10. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People who've been consistently wrong about US foreign policy for 20 years sure are taking an odd victory lap about this.

DonnyMost and IBTL like this.
  11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Trump, Biden, Merkel - they all failed. Miserably.

That said, one root cause of this disaster is the especially sick variation of Islam these Taliban assholes promote.

Andre0087 likes this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It has been 20 yrs of money laundering.
    We gave them the money and arms that they will use to defend the Taliban Nation for years
    not to mention the Drug routes and contacts to fund them further

At best the U.S. got Fleeced
    at worse they were complicit.

Rocket River

13. TheresTheDagger

14. HardenVolumeOne

thats what liberals do, they are the unreported bullies in the public school system who unknowingly cause these mass school shootings, they basically have no leadership qualities and their natural instinct is to follow an alpha

They destroyed the black community, in the 60's through the 80's. The "black" platforms of today like the breakfast club and other reality tv sitcoms glorify ratchetness and mumble rappers which leads to more crime. Its almost like the more criminal stuff you do, the more praised you are in the black media. Why dont they ever have young black scholars on their programs. Who is funneling this money to glorify the destruction of our race. It aint the republicans, its the DEMOCRATS

15. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

16. HardenVolumeOne

They want texas to go blue( which is insane) cant they see the condition of other blue states in this country.

17. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I said Biden ****ed up. But I still support him and his vision ultimately. I am just hyped up.

18. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've been quite outspoken about where I feel Biden's failures are with regards to Afghanistan. He absolutely should have been executing an evacuation plan the moment he even considered sticking to the Trump-planned 2021 withdrawal, and should have cleared every bureaucratic and logistical obstacle to providing our Afghani allies refuge. History will judge him for this.

That being said, the overall situation in Afghanistan is the direct result of conservatives - the neocons were the ones who pushed to invade. I won't overlook the cowardice of the Democratic party in failing to stand against the W administrations dreams of American imperialism, but the blood of Afghanistan is a far bigger stain on the GOP.

I'll end by stating this - when Obama located Bin Laden in Pakistan in 2011, he didn't invade the ****ing country. He sent in special forces. There is no reason we couldn't have done that in 2001, along with focusing on stopping the money flow to terrorist organizations (both those responsible for 9/11 and others) and focusing on moving our country away from fossil fuels (which due to our reliance on Saudi oil, is probably the biggest source of terrorist funding). But Bush and his supporters (which included many of you here) had a stiffy for blowing something up and didn't think beyond what might happen beyond the initial six months.

Pringles likes this.
  19. astros123

astros123 Member

That was the most honest I've ever heard a president speak in my lifetime. Say what you want about biden but he has bigger balls then any other president in my generation.

Jayzers_100, JuanValdez and IBTL like this.
  20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Really? Blue States are the one supporting Red States.

pirc1, IBTL and fchowd0311 like this.