1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Malice at the Palace

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Jugdish, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

It did reinforce that the two fans they interviewed, Haddad and Green, are garbage humans. Green acted like it was a big joke, and Haddad pretended he was totally innocent.

GotGame15, ElPigto, tinman and 9 others like this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I was in bed with a lady friend when this occurred. I shut that down for some must watch tv.

Jontro likes this.
  3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Haddad even sued and attempted to get paid

Jontro, BHannes2BHonest and Patience like this.
  4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Stephen Jackson is hilarious.

5. dmoneybangbang

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The footage will NEVER get old.

tinman likes this.
  7. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Was it Haddad that the ushers/security were talking about they were planning to remove his season tickets that very night?

I disagree that O’Neal had a right to hit haddad. First, he’s facing up against Ron artest. He didn’t need help. Second, he’s a fat civilian. Third, you took a running start and sucker punched him — I agree with haddad, b**** move.

that said, haddad squared up w artest and was 100% responsible for the scuffle w him. Artest was the one w the right to defend himself. Not sure how O’Neal got out of that one.

I agree, green was a grade a douche bag. I can’t believe he ever agreed to do interviews. Like everyone makes mistakes and occasionally good people do really really stupid things in the hear of the moment. But they don’t laugh and joke about it in the immediate aftermath on National tv when the incident played a major role in shaping nba future. It’s like causing a major accident that injuries dozens of people and then laughing on social media about how it was caused by you trying to grab your lighter off the passenger side floor.

Jontro likes this.
  8. JW86

JW86 Member

Garbage humans is a bit much, but for Haddad after all these years to act like you've been wronged when you were the one who went after Artest shows very little understanding. Green comes across as having little remorse and is probably a person w/ a low IQ / personality disorder, such a shame he took pride in what he did and didn't feel bad for the other person who got attacked by Artest.

KelvinCato13 likes this.
  9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Stern suspends them because some white people in the media called his employees thugs. Silver would draw attention to mental illness and make Detroit play 2 games with no fans.

10. Damion Laverne

Charlie Haddad is a b**** for coming down from the upper levels and expecting not to get messed with in a chaotic situation. What an asswipe!

GotGame15, htownrox1 and KelvinCato13 like this.
  11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it was beautiful and organic

KelvinCato13 likes this.
  12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Stern was a real commissioner like Jim Gordon

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

The guy that came down to the court didn’t look like he wanted any part of Artest. He wanted to get in on the riot but stepped right into Ron. Dumbass deserved a beating at that point though.

14. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Looked like he squares up then instantly realizes it’s stupid and by that time Artest has already deemed him a fighter/threat.

htownrox1 and BigM like this.
  15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Yeah that’s what it looks like. I don’t think he went down specifically to fight Artest though. You can see the second between squaring up and getting punched where he realizes he’s a moron.

Kevooooo likes this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I felt sorry for Reggie Miller.

Jontro and Kevooooo like this.
  17. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Didn’t know Ben Wallace just lost his brother but that POS fan that threw the beer changed the NBA that year. I wish Artest hit him instead. What a night.

18. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I still firmly believe the Detroit pistons got of way to easily. Only one team was gutted while there were two teams (and mostly the fans of one team) to blame.

I still get angry seeing the footage and hearing these idiotic "fans" speak.

ElPigto, KelvinCato13 and daywalker02 like this.
  19. Jontro

Jontro Member

im ok with this

20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The NBA failed to protect the players, the Pistons are most to blame. No security and drunk fans coming down closer to court side. Absolute fail.
    Multimillion dollar Franchise and no security in the stands and Courtside. No big bodyguards at all. Detroit is a ghetto city.

Just watch Eminem in 8 mile. Look at how terrible the city is, people get frustrated living there and getting drunk 3 hours before the game.

Ben Wallace shouldve been suspended the whole season, Jamaal Tinsley also.

Ron Artest is a lost cause, he should've gotten a 20 game suspension
    Stephen Jackson 20 games, Jermaine O'Neal 10 games