1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

My point is that if he flew them here to have sex (i.e. sex trafficking...which would seemingly split hairs on the definition), isn't she liable to be charged with prostitution?

Curious to hear someone that knows more's take...

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Fairly certain that would require intent to give sexual services and not just a massage.
    I’m not a lawyer and just taking a guess.

3. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

K, bud.

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Yup and a certain clause in all NFL contracts kicks in where the team can cut him and have his salary voided from the roster and have what 35Ms in cap space immediately or something like that.

IF there's enough for criminal charges it should be a wrap for Deshaun in Houston.

And I hope that all the victims are supplied the justice they deserve and we can have faith in our system.

5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I still wouldn’t cut him need the draft capital from a trade.

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Nah its not even worth it anymore. Boost the salary cap and call it a win. Watson with criminal charges is worthless.

7. likestohypeguy

No chance, even if the prosecution didn't want her cooperation.

Texas is also generally trending toward a strategy of targeting & punishing more severely solicitors over prostitutes themselves. In fact a new law goes into effect the first of next month that makes soliciting prostitution a state jail felony. Soliciting is currently only a misdemeanor b, as prostitution is & will remain a MB. Ofc this is irrelevant to watson's case, because his acts predate the new penal code, and criminal law cannot be applied retroactively. But if they indict him on trafficking, he could potentially be facing federal prosecution.

#3027 likestohypeguy, Aug 14, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    Pistol Pete and Two Sandwiches like this.
  8. STR8Thugg

Geez some people are ****ing morons.

Thankfully we have a real GM and not Clutchfans O'Briens trying to cut a franchise QB for nothing.

9. STR8Thugg

He won't be. The HTU is involved bc there is prostitution (potentially).

10. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You'd have to be extremely naive to dismiss the need to investigate prostitution considering the high amount of these women operating illegally, The same for a professional athlete seeking non-professionals for what he says is therapeutic services.

King1 likes this.
  11. STR8Thugg

I was just saying that the Human Trafficking Unit is pretty much always involved in cases where prostitution is involved, it doesn't have to mean they are trying to book him for trafficking.

12. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The League of Justice is involved now... Watson is DOOMED.

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

It's important to know that there is no risk to Buzbee saying this, even if it's totally false.

15. ballgame

ballgame Member

I'm sure since there were two ladies who where from out of state, that's why the FBI PROBABLY got involved.

But just like you said, it could be totally false

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

And there you have a perfect example of why the risk-reward ratio for Buzbee saying this, true or not, was so tilted in his favor.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Watson’s attorney Rusty Hardin was fuming when he learned of Buzbee’s comments, responding, “I have absolutely no reason to believe that Deshaun is being investigated by the FBI. I have absolutely no reason to believe that Mr. Buzbee’s spin is the truth or that it’s anymore accurate than any of the other misstatements he has sponsored. I simply do not believe the FBI is investigating Deshaun.” Hardin acknowledged that the FBI would likely not tell him if they were in fact investigating Watson as per their protocol. Hardin was concerned about the effects of a story like this coming at a time when there are trade talks about Watson and chalked it up to an attempt by Buzbee to harm Watson’s reputation. “Mr. Buzbee’s comments are just part of a long, continuing pattern of just trying to harm Deshaun in the public perception. It is despicable conduct and I hope one day people will hold him accountable when the whole truth comes out.”
    https://leagueofjustice.com/exclusive-interview-tony-buzbee-claims-fbi-investigating-deshaun-watson/

19. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

“Let’s be clear, when somebody comes into your office on the 73rd floor of the Chase Tower, whether they’re the FDA or the FBI, it’s a big deal. Well, it was the FBI,” Buzbee said, describing the first time the FBI allegedly visited him to discuss Watson.

Buzbee is such a douchebag.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Batman wouldn't lie bro.

conquistador#11 likes this.