1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2021-22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 3, 2021.

1. PatBev

PatBev Member

Who are we going to trade for that’s better?

2. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The proposed trade was for Simmons.

D-rock likes this.
  3. PatBev

PatBev Member

Wtf would I trade KPJ for a dog **** player like Simmons

I’d let go of Wall and Tate for him tho

saleem likes this.
  4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

im not saying there's a trade to be had, but the Mavericks should be feeling a TON of pressure right now. Kristaps isn't working. So far Dragic isn't coming.

The best I can come up with is:
    Wood + Wall for Kristaps, Powell and Finney-Smith, plus AT LEAST two first round picks, basically unprotected.

I don't really love it though... the picks would be meh, and absent a miraculous health and performance turnaround from Kristaps, the Rockets give up the best player. It does save the Rockets money upfront, but then Kristaps contract, while less than Wall's, is still $32, $34 and $36 million the next three years (last one a player option) which is a huge overpay at this point.

The only positive then would be it helps them suck more this year.... but as much as I'd love another top pick this upcoming draft, i don't think trying to lose that hard is helpful at all... these kids need to learn good habits... if they are losing in the process, ok, but you want them to experience winning, too.

Milos likes this.
  5. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Twice as many blocks, steals and rebounds per game. More assists and a better shooting %.
    It’s just just a random trade idea, but since you asked, that’s why I would make the trade.

D-rock likes this.
  6. Rokman

Rokman Member

It doesn't look like Rockets are interested in trading any of the young blood. Too many with high upside and contracts that can't be beat for their performance and age. They just want to dump Wall and Gordon and get back nothing if possible but they have to pay to sell those guys and most likely would cost all their future picks to do so this year. I don't blame them they have real gems right now at every position:

P.G. - Porter Jr.
    S.G. - Green / Christopher
    S.F. - Martin Jr. / Garuba
    P.F. - Wood / Tate
    ..C. - Sengun

They literally have every position showing high level talent at dirt cheap prices. That makes them 8 deep and each player can play more than one position.

Rockets in full Charlie Sheen mode WINNING!!!

#406 Rokman, Aug 11, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
    Corrosion and conquistador#11 like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

It will take Porter AND Tate, maybe even KJ, to even begin a discussion with Morey about Simmons trade.

I'm over it, time to move on.

8. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Word on the street is Kings looking to trade Hield to NOP for Josh Hart in S&T....
    Makes me wonder if we couldn't convince them to take an Eric Gordon + Danuel House combo instead.
    I might even be willing to include a protected FRP.... (MIL or BRK)
    Hield would open up the inside for Wood & SenGAAAWWDDD to wreak havoc in the paint. (maybe some Garuba & Theis action)
    Problem would be you could not have a starting lineup of Wall, KPJ, Green, Hield, & Wood... one of these things needs to go... hhhhmmmm
    Anyway, just a thought....

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

If we want to get money off the books, we should look at EGo for Pat Bev + fillers + future 2nd rd pick. Bev expires this year, wouldn't jack up shots like EGo, and would be a good vet presence for the young guys. The Clips are in win-now mode and need to move the needle a little further for a championship roster. EGo would most like help them more than Bev.

Dump House somewhere for a future late 1st rd

ilias likes this.
  10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I think you need to trade Wood and Gordon for worse players/contracts and picks. Gives you a better pick next draft. Then ammo to trade for a player(s) down the road after you get the high draft pick next year.

Also for example say the rockets end up with the 6-7th pick next year but you are wanting to move up to the 2nd or 3rd pick to add that potential all star to Green etc. then use the FA money from Wall in 2 years for another max player.

Be patient.

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

FA 2023 or 2022 draft pick
    Green
    Tate
    FA 2023 or 2022 draft pick
    Sengun

bench
    kpj
    Martin
    Garuba

That is a legit 8 deep team that you could go different ways with.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This is possible if and only if KAT tells Minny "Get me to GSW"

To GSW:
    KAT
    Eric Gordon

To Minny:
    Wall
    Kuminga
    Wiseman
    Moody

To Houston:
    Russell
    Wiggins

This works out salary-wise. Yes, I realize that Russell sucks, but he'd be our 3rd guard. Wiggins is an overpaid but starter-quality 3&D guy* and we have a need for such a wing.

GSW cashes in all of their draft assets for a talented, though as of yet unproven, young player. Also get EGo to provide guard scoring off the bench.

Minnesota will probably want some picks as well, but I don't know how hot the KAT market will be - especially if he lets it be known that he wants GSW. Simultaneously dumping Russell with KAT will be big for them. Wall is the league's best Tank Commander and those young players are nice pieces.

*Assuming last year wasn't a fluke

13. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I think it's kind of dumb to hold out on getting any kind of real value back for EG/House at this point (Wall too). We have too many guys on this roster, and with all 3 rookies showing their tenacity and skills in the SL (Garuba is likely ready too, with his experience in the Euroleague), we need to open up minutes for them ASAP. Take future 2nds and trade exceptions, it really doesn't matter, they're dead weight at this point.

I'm not saying we should play all of them big minutes, and having some vets on the roster is always valuable, but I don't want to see JC stuck in G-League and/or Sengun not getting major minutes off the bench (I assume Green's going to get 30+ MPG either way).

With our roster as-is, I'm assuming our opening day lineup looks like this:

Daniel Theis
    Christian Wood
    Jae'Sean Tate
    Jalen Green
    John Wall

Which means we have 5 of our remaining young core pieces (Sengun, KPJ, Garuba, Christopher and KJ) battling 4 vets (EG, House, Nwaba, Augustin) for the bench minutes. That's way too many bodies, especially if we end up keeping Wall through the year.

D-rock likes this.
  14. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Ha! Stone ain’t no fool. Simmons sucks. He is going to end up selling real low on him. Do not want on Rockets. I’ll trade Wall straight up because he might be actually get a slightly positive return to some idiot GM.

15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

This would suck for Rockets. Don’t need Russel and Wiggins has more years than Wall. There is no place on this team for Russel. Whey on Earth would Houston do this trade?

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Wiggins and Wall have the same contract length, according to fanspo.

As for "whey on Earth would Houston do this trade?" it would be because getting rid of Wall and Gordon won't be easy to do, and this nets us a good (albeit overpaid) SF, which is a position we need depth at.

Russell sucks, as I said in the post you quoted, but the advantage of him vs Wall is I don't think Russell would put up as much of a stink over coming off the bench. Whereas for Wall, I don't think that's even an option he would entertain.

17. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

If willing or able to buy out John Wall (fingers crossed) ...

To Sixers:
    Eric Gordon
    Christian Wood
    House

To Rockets:
    Ben Simmons
    Tyrese Maxey
    Isiah Joe

New Depth Chart:
    KPJ / Maxey
    Jalen Green / Christopher / Joe
    Tate / KJ Martin / Nwaba
    Ben Simmons / Garuba
    Theis / Sengun

:)

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wheres Wall?

Not saying I like the trade but losing Wood and NOT starting Sengun?

And Rockets would need more and better 3ball shooters around Simmons than just Thriller.

Nwaba, Sengun, Garuba, JC even Tate might not be playable with Simmons.

At least not until their 3P shooting drastically improves.

19. Landry's Tooth

To Houston:
    Pick swaps returned from OKC

To 76ers:
    Eric Gordon
    DJ Augustin
    Derrick Favors
    #1 from Houston (brooklyn)
    #1 from OKC

To Thunder:
    Ben Simmons

OKC gives up the swaps with Houston and a #1 to get Simmons without giving up any young players or taking on other bad contracts. SGA plays off ball with Simmons.

Rockets send Gordon to a contender where he'll play doing right by him. We unload 25 million in cap space saving you know who money. The pick swaps may be more valuable to us than a late Brooklyn pick.

76ers get a useful player in Gordon and a couple of picks without taking on long term money. Brooklyn pick could be a cheap gamble if there are injuries.

Hard to see Sixers doing better with the contract Simmons has...

20. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

How about….

Augustin and House for Markkanen? Maybe throw in a 2nd rounder or two to get it done?

I’d take Markkanen for 2 years $10m per or whatever the MLE is and let him battle it out with Sengun for the backup 4/5 role.