1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Christopher 15 pts 7 asst 3 reb 1 stl vs Pistons!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Aug 10, 2021.

1. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

Carry on...

Plowman likes this.
  2. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

I’ll outplay Mobley #putmeincoach
    [​IMG]

BossHogg713 and Caesar like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

4. liveguy

liveguy Member

Yeah, I can see that.

When he has that running start and a full head of team, he’s taking it all the way to the rack.

D-rock and jcmoon like this.
  5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't get me wrong....

I think JC is an absolute steal at 24, love his game, his personality....

I'm just very high on Mobley.

D-rock likes this.
  6. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Emoni Bates is way better than Mobley

BossHogg713 likes this.
  7. 34to11

34to11 Member

Don't do that.
    Don't ever do that.

8. rytay45

rytay45 Member

He reminds me of a younger Ron Artest.

Assertive on both ends of the floor, can score in a variety of ways and facilitate an offense. JC may have more upside on the offensive end but if he can get close to prime Artest on the defensive end, he will be an amazing pick up for this squad!

9. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Really is an all around kind of player. Shown some 2 way talent. Not really “elite” at anything but pretty good at everything. He plays hard too.

Jrue Holliday is a lofty comparison at the moment but that’s kinda who he brings to mind. A strong guard who does a bit of everything.

this summer league squad would be absolutely roasting if porter was playing too

D-rock likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Team is already averaging double digit wins.

Not having Porter (and Wood) allows coaches to experiment.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Did anyone see the emotion from Sengun @ 22seconds after the JC steal and KJ flush? wow.. I like this team..

12. Nook

Nook Member

He has a really high ceiling from a physical stand point.

He his nearly 6'5" with a 6'10" wingspan.... he has big hands, broad shoulder, a good center of gravity and he has the ability to add muscle to his frame. He has close to an ideal physical frame to be a guard in the modern NBA. He also is possibly the best athlete in his draft class. There are some guys that are quicker, some that move better side to side, some that have a higher vertical and some that get off the floor faster or have better body control..... but I am not sure there is anyone in this draft that does all these things well like Christopher does.

He has tunnel vision at times, and he isn't as talented a shooter and Cunningham or Green... and while his actual handle is good, he isn't super polished... those all are things that can potentially limit him..... but he has the physical tools to be a lock down defender and a very good finisher.

He is an interesting draft pick. He fell because of tunnel vision and poor shooting at ASU.... but it is a really small sample size. For example, Green had a few games where he shot really well from 3 and that bumped up his percentages. Had he not had even one of those really good games, and he may have fell to 4-5 in the draft. Had Barnes gotten off to a hot start from 3 and finished at 36-38% from 3, he may have gone #1 or #2.

My point being is that there isn't a lot of actual game play and information on the players in this draft because of COVID and how it impacts people mentally differently.

yixiixiy, ROXTXIA, DreamShook and 2 others like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

No he isn't.

He is a better scorer but he isn't near the defender or passer that Mobley is. He also cannot guard 5 spots on the floor....

D-rock likes this.