1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Video: The Houston Rockets May Have Had One of the Best Drafts Ever!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Aug 11, 2021.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

We should have moved Wood at the freaking draft.

I could easily see him in Sacramento and us picking up Davion Mitchell, who would fit this group like a glove.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Night in and night out.

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

lol

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

based simply on the ~7yr age difference, or is he a bad fit w/ the kids bball wise as well?

5. AggieRocketFan96

Posted this in an earlier thread….

I’ve seen enough too! And I believe the rest of the NBA is on notice…there are 30 some GMs that just got stone-rolled.

I’m shocked at what this organization has pulled off.

the Rockets are a monster team right now. Uber athletic, young, playmaking, outrageously high defensive potential. An incredible and unprecedented rebuild in one season. My God!

do whatever it takes now to move EG and House and buyout Wall and don’t look back!

Adding the incredible haul of these 4 high upside 1st rounders to KPJ, KMJ, CWood, Tate, Nwaba, and adding Theis is just stupid good checkmate moves.

absolutely stunning!

6. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

its better than not getting off at all

TriumVirate, D-rock, ElDobleK and 2 others like this.
  7. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i think we can just tank again and get someone better than him next year, right? Wood can still be moved at the deadline. if he continues his play i'm sure there'll be a lot of contenders interested in him at that contract. i bet the warriors would still trade for him.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. hakeemthagreat

The only thing Morey begged for is to scratch Harden’s balls. Give Stone credit and give Tilman props for at minimal changing the image of the organization in ONE YEAR after Harden quit

hakeem94 and cheke64 like this.
  9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love Davion too, but why would we need another PG?

We seem to have gotten exactly what we wanted out of this draft.

As to Wood ....

Keeping him moving forward into this year makes more sense to me. Let him play with KPjr for awhile and see what we have. Give both guys a chance to progress a little more together. I submit this will help overall team chemistry, as well as pumping up Wood's trade value. Christian's still got some upside. We need some semblance of a team for all these dudes to grow with. It gives us more options if we do move him this year....for picks, with Gordon, even with...Wall. But, remember when we were winning games..with Christian healthy albeit for a short stretch..This, of course cuts both ways these days I know.(I want that high pick) Let this play out a bit more.

D-rock and Dobbizzle like this.
  10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

But Morey was going to draft the same players. LOL.

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

We don't need any position, we need young guys, under team control for multiple years, with tremendous upside. As far as I am concerned there is only one PG on this roster that matters. Nobody other than JC matters.

Christian Wood is who he is. While he might get marginally better, we know who he is. His value is only going to go down as his contract gets shorter, and there is risk he gets injured. Not to mention he is going to hurt our draft position for the next two years. He needs to be gone ASAP.

mishii likes this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's say it takes the Rockets 6 years to make it to the finals, that puts wood at 31. I don't think that is terrible. So I don't get why they need to move him, unless they are worried about him demanding a massive contract or leaving in free agency?

D-rock, BamBam and Russjr2 like this.
  13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Take it easy Deshaun!

cmoak1982 and D-rock like this.
  14. Nero

Nero Member

No, Morey would have traded #2 for Andrew Wiggins and then drafted two 'stashed-for-three-years' Euro players with 23 & 24.

And we would have all been 'excited to see Wiggins in Houston'.

No disrespect to Morey really, he was extremely shrewd and forward-thinking analytically, but a good drafter-of-1st-round-talent, he was not.

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I LOVE Davion Mitchell but we currently have Jalen Green, Kevin Porter Jr and Josh Christopher at guard without even getting into vets. Where does Davion Mitchell fit?

Denovo and D-rock like this.
  16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I was being sarcastic.

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I think this is a false narrative. Morey never had the opportunity to be a player in the 1st round. His mandate was always to win now. The highest he was able to draft was around 14-15. We have no idea what Morey would have done if given the opportunity Stone was just given, because he never had that opportunity.

hakeem94, arabrocket and D-rock like this.
  18. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Yeah I dont get the C Wood hate. We can't just keep drafting 19 yr olds every year. Wood fits with the squad. I think he will get more consistent with his game and im sure the rockets staff is working on building up his body to get him a lil stronger. Wood has a very good skill set for a 7'0, we gotta hang on to that. It's Wall, Gordon, and House that will need to be moved.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Certainly hope so...

DD

20. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I’m excited too, but let’s chill out a bit til we see how they pan out.

We could have the next Kobe and Sabonis or we could have the next OJ Mayo and Derrick Favors...

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.