1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Moving on from John Wall, the Wizards have since done this....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Win win for both clubs IMO, no need to complain about this trade.

2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

It's not really silly if Dinwiddie is part of the 5 team trade sending Westbrook to LA?
    What's silly is them saying that just John Wall brought back those assets. Uh, nah. They sent 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks to make those deals.

I dunno, call me crazy, but I'm not trading a first round pick for any of those individuals unless I am a championship contender and certain they put me over the top. They basically gave Beal some role players to try and struggle to 50 wins.

roslolian likes this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

How d hell is that insane? Isiah Todd is the only one I want out of that bunch.

I also dont know how the Wall trade is a screw up? Thanks to the tank commander the Rockets ended up with Jalen Green instead of picking 18th.

Lol Harrell, Kuzma supposed to be insane deal now? smh. And as others said the Wiz gave up 2 firsts and 2 2nds for this "haul". INSANE. At how dumb they are trading 2 firsts and 2 seconds for Kuz, Dinwiddie, KCP and Harrell.

#43 roslolian, Aug 11, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  4. Salvy

Salvy Member

Jokes on them, or Tank commander Wall paved the way for Green, Sengun, JC and Usman.... That list of players they are trying to flaunt is ass..... And we still have Wall who someway somehow Stone will turn into gold....

cheke64, hakeem94 and roslolian like this.
  5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This says more about the Lakers than anything about John Wall. The fact that the Wizards didn’t have to give up draft picks to move Westbrook is a miracle and only speaks to the stupidity of the Lakers and frankly the media who for some reason still think Westbrook is this transformational player.

@Clutch said best when he said that nobody impacts winning less.

hakeem94 and 34to11 like this.
  6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Or you could look at it as trading away

2 firsts
    2 seconds
    AND
    9 times all star Russell Westbrook

Just to exchange the John Wall contract for Dinwiddie, Kuzma, KCP and Harrell (aka salary filler). Y-U-C-K

It's called overpaying to dump while vainly attempting to stay relevant - they were 8 seed last year, I don't see them as top 4 as a result of those moves, so a lower seed again is the ceiling

roslolian likes this.
  7. lionaire

lionaire Member

so they got an entire bench unit?

roslolian and DrNuegebauer like this.
  8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

They didn't give up a first to get him, and a first as part of the deal to move him? (plus two 2nds?)

Cost them 2 first rounders.... and as much of a "loser" as he is, he perhaps impacts winning more than Dinwiddie/ Kuzma/ etc

roslolian likes this.
  9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Lakers dumped their garbage role players off Wizards and we are suppose to be impressed.

What exactly is Wizards trying to achieve with those mediocre assets that aren't even that young

10. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Even though the original tweet left out those picks, I still don't really see it as proclaiming the transaction a success. I think they were genuinely curious if it really got them anywhere.

11. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

WE'VE ended up with some good players to work with

12. HROZ

HROZ Member

We also got Sengun with the Wall Westbrook trade I believe

Plowman likes this.
  13. AXG

AXG Member

None of those players is a game changer and Dinwiddie was hurt. They added some depth but are a mediocre team at best.

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

A lot of those are expiring contracts that they will be able to afford to re-sign if they choose. John Wall is a pointless player for $41m, they did well.

15. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Wow their lineup still sucks

16. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

John Wall got us possibly the best draft in rockets history (not including retrospect). We won the trade.

cheke64 likes this.
  17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Well, they should hopefully get a full season's worth of games out of those players combined.

18. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

This is possibly John Wall’s biggest season. He’s basically expected (by fans) to do absolutely nothing but stay in the background. He needs to be looking at this as a way to be a sidekick to Green and possibly Wood and/or KPJ. Other teams are always watching. He may not ever be at best a second option but if he take the role of the third option, teams may consider. That’s either by buyout or trade. Most likely buyout.

I believe Wall and Green will begin as the starters. He needs to be setting Green up; getting him easy baskets.

19. TimDuncanDonaut

The list Wiz got from Lakers may not be super impressive, but it does two things.

1) Showing Beal, they're trying find complimentary pieces. More shooting and more defense than Russ.
    2) Wizard doesn't have to keep all those guys, Those contracts can be flipped more easily than Wall's.

I don't blame Rockets front office per se, it seemed like Russ wasn't even going to show up to camp. So if it was best for both parties to part ways before the season started.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Looks like a whole lot of mediocre.

7th seed first round fodder