1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA to address wack shooting fouls in the off-season. Rocket Legends Harden & Olynyk faint

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, May 14, 2021.

1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

This is incorrect. Incidental contact is allowed as long as it doesn't affect the offensive player.

2. JW86

JW86 Member

Let's see them following through for once and keep it up for longer than a month or two. Would be a game changer on offense since the league is full of people looking to take advantage of the way it is officiated and not just focus on making a shot / play.

hakeem94 and Jontro like this.
  3. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

This will be like the flopping rule. For a season, maybe two, they’ll somewhat enforce it just to make players think it’s not worth the risk in a tight game to try it. But when was the last time we saw a player fined or suspended for flopping? Lebron got a warning last season.

red5rocket, hakeem94 and Rocket River like this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Basically. The fat meets the fire when someone is called for it and it makes a team lose

Rocket River

Jontro likes this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

that was an offensive foul to my eyes

VickMackey likes this.
  7. JW86

JW86 Member

Disgusting, by December he will get those calls though. I’m not convinced.

hakeem94 and amaru like this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. WestendMassive

Not the type to complain about it but goes ahead and complains about it lol

10. amaru

amaru Member

Yes lol…..but, to be fair, he’s not wrong. Some of the calls the refs make/don’t make over the course of a game definitely make you scratch you head. Like Green getting slapped in the face when going for a dunk.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I love it, the game swung far too much to the offensive player, it was killing good defense.

If the offensive player initiates the contact it is not a foul.

DD

Yung-T and VickMackey like this.
  12. i3artow i3aller

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden and a few other players are like hackers who find loopholes in the system and take advantage of them. The league has been trying to close those loopholes in the rules and they keep finding new ways to exploit.

Now Harden is like, "I'm too old for this cat and mouse game."

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

there were times that he looked like that his last year here. I think he's slowly but inevitably declining. his shot selection also plateaued 2016-2018 and has been worse since then with all of the step back chucks instead of the post game and the mid range step backs.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Trae Young Frustrated With Officiating Points Of Emphasis

Atlanta Hawks star guard Trae Young stopped his criticism of NBA officiating before he got fined. Before he did, Young made it clear the new points of emphasis on foul drawing have him frustrated.

"There's a lot of missed calls," Young said. "It's basketball. It's just, it feels that they're learning, and they're just -- I don't know. It's frustrating."

Young added, "I don't want to get fined too much, but it's frustrating."

The Hawks star also said he's seen other All-Stars like Devin Booker, James Harden and Damian Lillard impacted by this new way of officiating.

"I saw James said it's about him, but it's not targeting just one player or two players," Young said. "You can watch basketball. Damian Lillard's never averaged 17 points probably since his rookie year. There's a couple guys. I mean, Book's averaging 18. There's a lot of things that, when guys are driving straight and guys are getting knocked off balance -- it's still a foul, whether they're using their lower body or their hands."

Young finished up by saying he supports most of the new emphasis.

"Veering back and jumping into guys -- that's different," he said. "There are certain things that, I agree with the rule changes, but then there's things that are still fouls, and guys are going to get hurt. Especially a smaller guy like me who's going up against bigger and stronger defenders, they're using their body and they're using their legs and their hands to stop me."

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  16. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

The new rules are awesome! These types of BS should have been stopped long time ago. Can you imagine someone hit your car on purpose but the law says it's your fault and you have to pay for the damage? Harden and Trae Young should quit their BS start learning to play some real basketball.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

“Take” fouls?

Rocket River

19. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Its about time fans don't pay $100 a game to watch these dudes shoot free throws.

20. dmoneybangbang

Stopping the transition by fouling.