1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Case for Trading Up to get Alperen Sengun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Medicine N Music, Jul 3, 2021.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Too late, after the first 2 SL games, I am loving how he is playing.
    DD

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

3. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I freaking love this guy, OP deserves gold status. He does everything going for blocks and set up screens. He ain't D.Sabonis, he is Alperen Sengun.

4. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

One of the biggest question marks for Sengun was, if he could defend the pick and roll. I have only seen the highlights and there were a couple of highlights of Cade scoring in the pick and roll against Sengun - that being said, Sengun had no trouble at all to stay in front of him and did a good job of contesting the shot. What did you guys, that saw the whole game, think? Is his defense better than advertised?

In this game his post game seemed to be as good as advertised - while his handles and passes are better than expected for me. He really looks like the steal of the draft.

5. CXbby

CXbby Member

I’m going to keep saying it until it isn’t true, whether it’s Green vs Mobley or Green vs Cade, Alperen Sengun keeps coming out looking like the best player on the floor.

6. jbond77

jbond77 Contributing Member

Alperen Sengun "The Turkish Hammer" SENGOD - eh looks ok :)

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

After the game they showed the ROY odds for the top 5 picks. I'm tempted to take the bet for Sengun and hope Wood gets traded. Does anybody have a way of knowing what his odds are?

slothy420 and hakeem94 like this.
  8. CXbby

CXbby Member

Is this hot take cooling down yet?

Drift Monkey, D-rock and roslolian like this.
  9. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

+1200

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Still waiting to see how his D translates to the NBA perimeter when opposing guards and wings ISO him out, but for now I am very impressed with what I have seen.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Case for Trading Up to get Alperen Sengun

-

YES

12. CXbby

CXbby Member

Love the passion at the end. Just can’t say enough good things about him. By far my favorite Rocket in a long long time.

13. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

They made their run when Sengun went to the bench. They got the lead back to six, then he got back into the game and everything went smoother. The game just seems easier for our team when he is playing. On offense he is a willing passer and screener, but can also create.

On defense he is not quick and many fast guards will exploit him 1v1. However, his positioning is actually good. And he has a good read of the game. I am actually surprised that our defense appears better when he is in the game.

Of course this is summer league, and who know if it will translate. But I am optimistic.

I am loving his game so far. Him and Garuba might become my favorite Rockets this year (that being said I love these type of players).

14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Sengun's positional D and help D awareness have been absolutely stunning to see from a 19 year old rookie. The way he rotates over or helps out has been phenomenal and all while barely understanding what his teammates are saying. It's pretty incredible. I am eager to see what his perimeter D looks like.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

I just didnt like how our guards werent passing him the ball at the start, thats kinda how Detroit got their lead. When they went back to Sengun the offense started flowing better.

16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I saw half time footage of the guards

They looked pretty upset with him, and pointed at Sengun and said "we will iso you"

17. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

I love his defensive stance/posture. He isn't all hunched over like Hartenstein was lol.

He's always in a strong position whether on offense or defense.

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

cmon its only 2 meaningless games! keep the skepticism alive

Drift Monkey, Corrosion and D-rock like this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hes the real MVP
    @Williamson

Drift Monkey and D-rock like this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

MVP
    [​IMG]

Drift Monkey and roslolian like this.