1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Summer League 2021 Game 2

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rashmon, Aug 9, 2021.

1. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

sengun is playing like a vet..setting the right screens, making the extra pass, being aggressive but not over doing it....as for christopher i like his agressiveness but wish he would pass just a tad bit more lol

Drift Monkey, Denovo, vator and 4 others like this.
  2. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

We really need to post up Sengun. I know that's not how the Rockets want to play, but we need to see how effective it can be. I say stagger his minutes with Green a little and see what happens. The guy is too good to be treated like a Dwight or Capela.

3. WestendMassive

Jalen might have had 3 TOs early but I'd actually take his half of basketball over Cade's 10 points from 11 shots

4. VoR

VoR Member

Y'all need to remember that in summer league games coaches switch things up so that other players get more shots. It's like spring training in baseball: pitching coach may tell one pitcher to only throw off speed stuff just to get some good looks at mechanics and live action. Don't stress on these youngsters too much, they have instructions we aren't privy to.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Bucks about to rock the **** out of Cade after that interview lol

Drift Monkey, ROCK3TM4N and DCHAMP like this.
  6. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

7. Denovo

Denovo Member

Cade’s defense? We must be watching different games lol.

Drift Monkey and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  8. bmd

bmd Member

Maybe because they generally don’t have the athleticism that many of the American players have, so they have to find other ways to be good players. Many American players gloss over fundamentals because they relied on their athleticism at every level.

Plus, many Europeans are playing pro basketball against grown men when they’re like 15 years old.

Sengun has been playing professional basketball for 3 years now, since he was 16.

9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

The good thing is he is still young, has great potential to develop.

Caesar and Joe Rocket like this.
  10. ROCK3TM4N

ROCK3TM4N Member

Shengoon is quickly becoming a favorite, he's consistenly making the right plays on both sides of the court.

Jalen didn't play too well but still contributed and had a good response to what he was doing wrong in the interview.

Let's just get this dub baby!!

11. Caesar

Caesar Member

Want to see how Green responds in the 2nd half. Probably gonna come out gunning if JC ever gives up the ball

T for 3 likes this.
  12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I want to see JG come out aggressive. Get a bunch of shots up. No conscience.

tmoney1101 and Caesar like this.
  13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Just realized Sengun has 1 rebound and 0 fouls lol. Surprising comprising how physical he’s playing and how much he’s challenging those paint attempts.

Drift Monkey and Joe Rocket like this.
  14. kkthksbai

kkthksbai Member

Josh killin it but that tunnel vision when he's on his way to the basket makin me nervous. No injuries please.

apollo33 and Caesar like this.
  15. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

No doubt I agree.

VoR and JayGoogle like this.
  16. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Soooo true

17. Sengun

Sengun Member

Are you enjoying? :cool:

I told you that. We'll have a lot of fun this season. :rolleyes:

18. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

Green is going to have to learn a pick and roll game with shengod. Once that develops we are going to have a serious duo cause shengod is not only a gifted scorer he is an elite passer. The kid is really something special and so advanced already in his game.

19. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I thought Green is having a bad game and being outplayed by Cunningham. Look at the Box Score, Green with 9 on 2-4 shooting, Cade with 10 points on 4-11.

Green is a very sneaky scorer. You don't even notice it. Kind of a good sign, actually.

20. i3artow i3aller

Now just imagine if Garuba was out there. No PG and down early and Rockets still finished strong, Time to turn it up in the second half and close the door on these boys.

Drift Monkey, Caesar and Hui like this.