1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SUMMER LEAGUE 2021!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kjayp, Jul 3, 2021.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Green needs to learn how to pass.

DD

2. im_joel

im_joel Member

Got this from the Sixers Summer League Thread. Thought it was interesting and random:

Something has to up as to why Christopher went that late. I’m not a fan of moving up outside of the lotto but for Josh yes 100%.

I mean we’ve all said his praises for what seemed like months now.

Either that or NBA Scouts really have no clue sometimes and just goes with predetermined consensus rather then what is obvious.

Him and Keon are the very few that have All Star traits/tools along with Sengun outside the top ten.

There was a lot of deep quality in this draft but still some draft rank selections was a head scratcher.

Green
    Christopher
    Garuba
    Sengun

Rockets are the new Suns/Hawks. Perennial playoff contender in less then 3 years.

KPJ days are numbered especially if I reckon Josh is right their as a wash.

Better future than us right now lol.

IvanLCPM and D-rock like this.
  3. bmelo

bmelo Member

yeah I think people don't understand KPJ isn't our franchise player and while he has potential he will be probably traded once he builds his value up. I see a lot of love between Ja Morant and Jalen Green, Ja is a Texas guy.... Memphis suck ass.. I wouldn't be surprised if they made it work and we had best backcourt in the nba with Ja and Jalen

Milos, dragonwill and htownrox1 like this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think KPJ is going to end up better than Josh if his head remains on straight which is a big if.

Josh is either going to be our long term 6th man who can provide quick scoring and D or he gets traded for a piece that fits better.

Potential drama could unfold. If Green turns out to be the real deal, I'm quite confident Ferttita at all costs will want to keep Green here because his type of electric game, personality and background is an ultimate revenue maker. I wonder then if Josh could be someone Green wishes stays at all and Ferttita will comply because of he's desire to keep Green happy?

If Josh turns out great than that's awesome but incase he doesn't and needs to be traded or let go, can this cause a slight rift and just something Green thinks about in the back of his head when he makes decisions to stay long term here?

5. bmelo

bmelo Member

Green effect. Kid is a future

BigM and RasaqBoi like this.
  6. raining threes

You need to learn how to pass.

D-rock and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  7. bmelo

bmelo Member

he isnt 15 year old. You se Green and Josh way more mature already. Sad to say but KPJ is just a head case waiting to explode I wouldn't want a guy beside my new shiny first round pick darlings

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Well it seems like KPJ is having a good summer staying out of trouble and working hard. We can see his muscle development. He's become larger and I'm sure that took work. We see him having fun working on his game. He's staying around basketball this off season. It's a small good streak. Let's see if it continues. Because if it does, he's a long term part of this team's future.

#2268 fchowd0311, Aug 10, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  9. kiwirocketsfan

Not going to lie, the Rockets haven't even assembled as a full team and I think this might be my favourite squad in forever.

Really hope Wall and Wood embrace the youth, decide to share with them and raise them up.

If the whole squad adopts the young guys energy we might be the most fun team in the league.

Gonna win a couple of games too.

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Still wild to me that KPJ gets sht on by some Rox fans. What else does Scooter need to do other than play a little defense? He can score with the best of them. In his first year as a PG guy dishes out 6 APG on an awful team. I think that gets lost.

It’s fair to be critical of him, but to say he isn’t part of this nucleus and JC flashed enough in one game to be seen as a replacement is absurd.

Stone was having lunch with Scoot just before the draft where I think the future of the team was discussed and Scoot will play a huge role in its success.

11. kiwirocketsfan

KPJ, Green and Christopher are the 3 guard rotation we can take to the playoffs. The rookies I believe are already flashing some defensive chops and I can't see why KPJ can't do the same if he buys into that culture.

Williamson and Verbal Christ like this.
  12. Sengun

Sengun Member

I had the chance to watch most players drafted from the top-20 in the Summer League. I can't understand why Franz Wagner was selected from the 8th place. It doesn't make any sense.

13. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think he will when he has teammates that he trusts to shoot.

14. gogispade

gogispade Member

15. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Agreed. People are really discounting KPJ because we have some new rookies. He averaged 16/6 at 20 years old. That's a hell of an accomplishment and he's only getting better. I'm looking forward to having him on the team for years.

larry cook, IvanLCPM, Denovo and 5 others like this.
  16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Hmm.... Michael Jackson's "Off the Wall" album was released today in 1979. Hopefully that's a good sign for tonight ... :D

D-rock, Verbal Christ and Plowman like this.
  17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Absolutely. Jalen Greens work ethic will rub off. Practices are going to be intense and they will all get better from it. I’ve seen enough from Scooter to know he isn’t good on D lol - I haven’t seen enough from the new guys to claim they are any better after their first professional action.

I do know that Isaac Okoro is a legit NBA player with one year of service, touted for his D and I watched Green work him. As long as I was able to see his strength on display I was good - defense will come. All of the young core guys were + players in summer league game 1. Now let’s see where they are after 82 regular season games. I’m optimistic too should be a fun season!

raining threes likes this.
  18. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Nonsense. KPJ has massive potential to be a franchise player, and Green’s upside will only help. Look up which players have had a 50 point/10 assist game and get back to me.

19. CXbby

CXbby Member

post*

raining threes likes this.
  20. i3artow i3aller

:D

[​IMG]