1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Sleeping on Suggs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by groovemachine, Jul 6, 2021.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He Suggs......:D

vator, DreamShook and 523744 like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Disney World is fine.

Shaq, Penny, Nick Anderson.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Steven U. hits the zeitgeist anytime.

4. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This thread Suggs.

sirjesse, vator, VoR and 1 other person like this.
  5. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

suggs gonna compete w/ green for ROY, n in the end suggs sucks...

juanming likes this.
  6. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I must admit before the NC game I had Suggs at the bottom of the "big 4" but still in the same tier.
    But after Davion Mitchell badly (at least imo) outplayed him I kinda dropped him down a little bit more on my wish list.

Like others have said 24 points on 22 shots with 1 assist is not good at all but there could be context involved.
    It does seem that he made several shots late and if it turns out that he has that "clutch" gene that's one of the best traits a player can have.
    Lord knows how badly we all wished James had it or could develope it!

There's also the remarks he made that he's only now devoting all his time to just one sport and I'll admit I didn't really factor that in to my assessment of him.
    I do like the fact he is always talking about "team" goals and winning instead of being rookie of the year or leading the league in scoring.

We shall just have to wait and see.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

8. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Before your time maybe, his style of game. One of the original 3 and D players, played on the Blazers, Nuggets, bugged Kobe for a hot minute. I certainly didn't want to compare him to Kenyon Martin or Stomile Swift just because of height, doesn't have their game. Barnes will have to develop a 3 to remain relevant in this league, like Ariza did if you will.

9. forchette49

Correct, you will if Barnes has any type of future in this league, I mean by developing into a perennial 3 and D player. Rashard Lewis is Barnes' absolute ceiling and I honestly don't see it as he'll never be the scorer that Lewis was, nor is he the tenacious athlete like a Kenyon Martin. So here we are...

10. VoR

VoR Member

It’s like saying who do you want Booker or D’Angelo Russell? They both going to be good, but I’d take Green every day.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Barnes has a 3, its just not accurate at around 25-28% but its there. He doesnt need to develop his 3 more than that to remain relevant, he had 18 10 5 his first SL game and led his team to a W vs the Knicks.

The best way to think of him is like a 6'9 WB who plays great defense. His ball handling and athleticism allows him to drive to the lane and score, his J is wack but since it exists opponents cant sag off him 100% at the 3 pt line. Like I said, mini Giannis.

Barnes isnt a 3nD, in college he was the team's pg. He is in the mold of Giannis and Ben Simmons and will prob end up somewhere between the 2.

#211 roslolian, Aug 10, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lewis is like a stick, also isnt physical like Barnes. They have 2 diff types of games so your comparisons dont match just like when you compared Barnes to somebody 6'5 like 4 inches dont matter lol.

Kenyon Martin doesnt have Barnes' ball handling ability, Km is strictly a post player. I dunno what you mean by Barnes isnt athletic lol have you seen some of Barnes' highlights? Dude is athletic AF he is def faster and more agile than Kenyon Martin. Martin doesnt have Barnes' lateral quickness, KM def cant defend guards on the perimeter like Barnes.

13. vator

vator Contributing Member

Honestly the most impressive point guard in summer league so far has been this dude. No cap. Not hating, I liked a lot of what I saw from Suggs as well. He looked good against Suggs in the championship game too when they went head to head.

#213 vator, Aug 10, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    tinman likes this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

There's so many decent pgs Suggs looks ok but I have him below other prospects for a reason. You have to be like franchise level pg to be a top 3 pick imo because as long as you have capspace you can def find a good pg available.

I mean Dennis Schroedder cant even find a good taker had to sign for 5M for the Celtics. And Celtics themselves have Marcus Smart as their pg already.

15. forchette49

I g
    I guess we have to agree to disagree then, not seeing near the athlete and high flyer Kenyon was. A better with better vision? Sure. 25-28 percent from 3 is not good, lol. He will most definitely need to improve on that in the pros. Lewis a stick? Barnes will never be the scorer he was either. He'll end up being somewhere between Giannis and Simmons?! Wow, you and the Raptors are definitely in lock step then with your grades. I just don't see it and I watched FSU last year.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Oh man Green ******** the bed, we should taken Suggs

[​IMG]

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

cf's said Suggs doesn't have athleticism lulz

18. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Basic

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member