1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

SUMMER LEAGUE 2021!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kjayp, Jul 3, 2021.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm saying it now. Not only did we get the best player in the draft but we also got the best center and the best defender.

Drift Monkey, rhee, Salvy and 4 others like this.
  2. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Suggs lookin pretty good rn

3. Rockets4Life13

Is the jersey number 4 the new 23? 4 of the top 5 picks are wearing (or want to :rolleyes:) wear #4 :eek:

4. MystikArkitect

Suggs with the little Chris Paul post up there. Dude looks solid. Crazy to think that 1-5 could all be All Stars.

coachbadlee likes this.
  5. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If i here one more "That Guy" or "just another Guy" joke, I'm flying to Vegas and slapping the anouncers. Amusing the first time. Not amusing the next 150 times.

7. vator

vator Contributing Member

Davion Mitchell continues to impress. He was giving James Bouknight THE BUSINESS.

People forget that before Kuminga reclassified, he was the number 1 ranked player in his class and he’s flashing BIG TIME. He’s only 18! He’s been going to the basket at will with both hands and overpowering his defender. He’s a legit 6’8, probably still growing, already has a man body and is only going to get stronger. I was a little worried about him coming out, but I see it, he definitely has tremendous upside and belongs in the conversation with Cunningham, Green, Mobley, and Barnes when you start talking about who can be the best player in this class.

Jalen Suggs looks really solid out there. Playing hard nosed defense, getting rebounds, steals and pushing tempo. I like what I see so far from him too. Looking like a skinny Kyle Lowry. Just being a pest.

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  8. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I don't like him playing off ball at the 2 though, maybe it's just something Orlando wants to take a look at.

9. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I'll be in attendance, 6 pm PT. Can't wait.

Verbal Christ, DreamShook and D-rock like this.
  10. MystikArkitect

Yeah this is an awful look for him. Dude needs the ball in his hands. Was wondering why he was standing at the corner in the PJ Tucker role lol.

forchette49 likes this.
  11. Rockets4Life13

Agree. I was always high on Kuminga although i think that he is not a good player right now. But he has all the tools he needs to be a big time player.

I'm not sold on Suggs, still. He does nothing that impresses me. He's very, very solid. Solid but not exciting. Not that much upside imo.
    I would've picked Kuminga over Suggs. Teams picking in that range should look for highest upside, imo.

Htown's Finest likes this.
  12. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

Agreed, Jalen Green I think will end up being the new James Harden type superstar without the off the court issues.

I love Sengun, I know Mobley is good, but I think Sengun can become the best C

Agreed on Garuba, if that's who you mean, love all 4 picks, hope they all carve out a role long term with the Rockets.

Drift Monkey, D-rock and coachbadlee like this.
  13. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

Both Suggs and Kuminga playing with more fire and intensity compared to Cade yesterday lol

Drift Monkey likes this.
  14. vator

Tell me you’re from the country without saying you’re from the country.

Perk in regards to the Jalen and Cade rivalry:
    “If you got beef let’s make some hamburgers.”

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm actually more interested in how well Davion Mitchell has been playing.

D-rock likes this.
  16. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

I love Suggs he is going to be a tough nosed player that has natural floor general leadership. I was early on team Suggs because I hadn't pulled in all my data on Green. I was high on Mobley because his motor and lack of power for a big scares the hell out of me.

Drift Monkey likes this.
  17. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He was very good against Charolette today. Good numbers, but better than dry stats would indicate. Clutch plays and lockdown defense.

D-rock and coachbadlee like this.
  18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

That was my only red flag with Mobley. It was never about his play. It was always about having to wait for him to get it all together to where we could see the real Evan Mobley.

Drift Monkey and Madmanmetz like this.
  19. Rockets4Life13

Davion is really good from what I've seen (which isn't much). He is a classic case of people overvaluing height. He's short but he doesn't play like it.
    Some people had him falling way down in their mocks. I've seen as bad as #20 or something. I think he's good, but he's also quite a bit older than most players in his pick range.

coachbadlee likes this.
  20. vator

Cole Anthony is clearly trying to outplay his own teammate (Jalen Suggs) at times and he is looking like trash in the process. I’m sure his ego was bruised when they drafted Suggs and he feels threatened.

Amazing defensive play by Suggs to potentially save the game! Very meh offense at the end to try to win it.

D-rock and Ottomaton like this.