1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SUMMER LEAGUE 2021!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kjayp, Jul 3, 2021.

1. VoR

VoR Member

I think the simple solution here is to apologize and say that the comment wasn't intended to be racial. People are sensitive, and that's okay. People can sometimes be tone deaf, and that isn't the end of the world. It's hard to read context clues on the internet; patience and forgiveness go a long way.

2. bmelo

bmelo Member

People are racist but only because they like to form groups. Where i live there is racism based on birthplace. Same as africa where situation is reversed - everybody has a dark skin so they are racist based on cities where they live klans or whatever. In USA there is basicaly mix of all races and you have different problems than where i live.

All im saying is im not exposed to skin colour racism because everybody looks the same. But if tommorow there would be 50% black 50% white ratio in community things couldve easily change

Drift Monkey likes this.
  3. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Sengun level

Drift Monkey, htownrox1 and hakeem94 like this.
  4. bmelo

bmelo Member

I mean i didnt call anyone any names.. was just really curious what the debate is about and weighed in. If anybody felt bad about my posts then im sorry had no intentions to

Drift Monkey likes this.
  5. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

There is a private messaging feature. Why not use it? Not all of us want to read pages and pages of your drama. Also, maybe you should take a break from CF. It is apparent you spend way too much time here and could use some moderation.

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

just stop with the monkey business!

Drift Monkey and VoR like this.
  7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

No, Mobley is the best.

8. VoR

VoR Member

I was leaving a general reply. As a white man, I get called a cracker and have jokes said like "that is the whitest thing I have heard." I hear things like white people have no culture and all white people are racist. I have thick skin, so I just roll with it. This is an awkward age of table turning, all I can do is hold my breath, count to ten, and wait for us to outgrow it. If somebody considers a statement I made to be racial and seems to be truly hurt, I am quick to apologize. Fully aware of a number of statistics and also fully aware that statistics never tell the whole story. Regardless of whether or not I was involved in slavery, being treated like lower than third rate humans for centuries is a heavy load to carry and will likely take a few more centuries to heal.

9. VoR

VoR Member

Racism is far less of a sensitive subject in a number of international countries. Language is a relative thing when you cross borders. There's sadly even racism in Africa between coloreds and blacks and for some reason a lot of Africans hating Nigerians. To think that black people are exempt from racism is a fallacy that will leave you angry and resentful your entire life.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Make me.

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Several people have confirmed that Mobley auto-corrects to monkey in this thread. You're wrong, you're emotional, and you're out of line.

Let it go.

Drift Monkey and fchowd0311 like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Why don't you fvck off.

You inserted yourself into this, no one was talking to your nosey ass.

You can slink off when someone calls you a liar, that's not me.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

I am good. I am not going to waste time starting internet drama. It was just a friendly suggestion for your mental well-being . Take care and calmate.

crose, Drift Monkey and hakeem94 like this.
  14. VoR

VoR Member

I find it interesting that you never hear about Eastern Indians in America decrying Anglos for being prejudiced against them.

I had a conversation with an African national one day about the stark difference between African Americans and African nationals. He said he felt discriminated the most by African Americans for simply being polite and speaking formal English. He did make it a point to clearly state, "However, I CHOSE to come here." He said this with a sensitivity to the fact that there are millions of descendants of Africans in America who never had a choice, and, until the past 70 or so years, never really had a voice.

15. raining threes

I would rather be tone deaf than overly sensitive.

Drift Monkey and ThrillaNManilla like this.
  16. Audioout

Audioout Member

17. VoR

VoR Member

On another note that's more closely related to the thread, Trey Murphy looks like he's going to be an absolute stud, no derogatory breeding of animals implied.

hakeem94 and raining threes like this.
  18. VoR

VoR Member

You're, in fact, being overly sensitive to someone else's sensitivity. See how it can spiral?

hakeem94 and raining threes like this.
  19. raining threes

They've always had a choice.

20. raining threes

If I gave a crap this would be true.

hakeem94 likes this.