1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen green can be special!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dkoune, Aug 8, 2021.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I would double "Like" that take if I could

YaoMing#1 and Verbal Christ like this.
  2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

@Denovo

On a side note, the network had Josh Christopher mic'd up

I liked the way he was communicating defensive on the court

Denovo likes this.
  3. PatBev

PatBev Member

They put his jersey up on the nba store but I’m nervous to buy because I bet he switches to number 4 eventually

House is kind of a b**** for not giving it up lol

Corrosion, VanityHalfBlack and Caesar like this.
  4. anchel

anchel Member

I dont think you ever watched a young Scola. Scola was not this good at that age. Is not even close.
    Btw, he's bigger, longer and jumps higher than Luis, and also has better ball handling.

PS: Edit to say, respectfully, DD ;)

noppeper likes this.
  5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

On the D side of things, Sengun is already better than Scola. He still has a lot of time on O.

noppeper likes this.
  6. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

Facts. Saw the same thing. Amazing athleticism, great shooter, easily the most talented on the court. Scored with ease.

Dude is like a Kobe and Durant Hybrid. He may even grow more!!!

7. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

facts

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I don't understand why everyone is hating @DaDakota 's take....

It's been proven that every time he shares his, laughable, negative opinion about a player, said player turns out to be a very great starter or at the very least role player for the Rockets.

I'm ok with him saying that JC sucks, it helps us... and I'm glad he doesn't like the Turkish dude because he will NOW for sure be about 100x better than Luis Scola was. No surprise here since he was part of the Mobley Mob from the onset.

Hot takes turn into hot commodities for the Rockets squad so be happy!!!

Corrosion, Tfor3 and King1 like this.
  9. Da Man

Da Man Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It feels good to have some buzz around the Rockets. If Jalen Green becomes a bigger, more athletic Allen Iverson, sign me up!

#89 Da Man, Aug 9, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
  10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya large part of AI's relatively bad scoring efficiency relative to other superstars was his height. He just had to flat out do a lot more to get a good look than someone of Green's size and explosion. Though people are forgetting how explosive AI was coming into the league.

11. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

loved Iverson in philly.

if he can be an MVP and take a team to the finals like AI sigh me up.

I don’t get the comparison tbh. I think their is other great scorers that are better comparisons.

Brown is interesting I do see some similarities between the two that’s a very nice player if that’s maybe what is more realistic ceiling for him. Browns a legit 25 ppg scorer who shoots the three ball at a nice clip. Very good young player.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't think Brown is his ceiling. Though that doesn't mean if he maximizes to Brown's level I would be disappointed. I would be happy with Jaylen Brown level also.

13. Sengun

Sengun Member

I quoted by mistake. :confused:

fchowd0311 likes this.
  14. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I think he can have a higher ceiling also I’m with you.

but I never thought of Brown before but now that I think about it that’s a solid comparison and prob more realistic than Kobe or MJ as much as I want him to be that and maybe he will depends on if he has that same work ethic and more importantly that killer instinct.

i sure hope so either way I do think he’s going to be a very good player for us and and it will he a lot of fun watching him develop in Rockets red with the other young guys we have.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  15. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Folks with opinions on rookies after 1week of practice together and 1 game are …….

jordnnnn and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  16. Caesar

Caesar Member

I think he mentioned in the post game interview that "it's not his number" but the jersey said Rockets on it and it feels good. So i think he absolutely plans to be his #4 and still wears the #4 bling. I'd wait to buy a jersey. I personally won't buy a jersey because they're ugly and still waiting on a proper rebrand. I stick to the name and number tees, especially in black.

FLASH21 likes this.
  17. Caesar

Caesar Member

I can't wait for tomorrow's game. I bet Thriller goes at Cade w/ no fear and we'll finally get a good look at their size similarity or differences.

18. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

...Fans

19. Caesar

Caesar Member

Kobe/MJ lite or a 6'6 Allen Iverson? 1 Bobby says a 1 way bench player. DD says a lesser Von Wafer. Life is good.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Perkins is a straight up idiot. He plays nothing like Iverson or Jaylen Brown.