1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen green can be special!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dkoune, Aug 8, 2021.

1. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I think the Pistons made a mistake.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think they were also seeking a longer term floor general and not just the best ceiling.

Everyone got what they wanted to be honest.

And yes.

Kuminga and Green will have better games early on because they played for the G-League while the college players would need more time.

Some of them will also have growth spurts like Harden, in the 2nd and 3rd year.

Green could be the best scorer but that was known to many.

#62 daywalker02, Aug 9, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
    saleem likes this.
  3. Theking

Theking Member

How? He didnt attack his life as you state it. So its fine to bash players but you cant bash an internet troll. Right....

King1 and Drift Monkey like this.
  4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Disagree. If he can act all high and mighty and declare that a 19 year old kid "sucks" after a half of summer league basketball then he can look himself in the mirror and say "I look like a beached whale time for the gym"

Drift Monkey likes this.
  5. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

The confidence level of JG is super high and he already feels so comfortable taking over scoring duties. Sengun using his body strength to position in the paint was quite good and the defense was impressive.

6. JW86

JW86 Member

I actually love this kid the most due to his demeanour more so than anything he does on the court. His answers to the post game interview shows he’s confident, smart, poised, excited with a certain charm and humility too.

7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I'm just on Clutchfans for the @i3artow i3aller show

pure masterpieces

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

HE THE REAL MVP!

Rudyc281 and ApacheWarrior like this.
  9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

You are good too hakeem94

Fan of all the photoshop geniuses here

all MVP's in my book

#envious

Roc Paint and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. Denovo

Denovo Member

Green definitely has two way potential.

We knew he was a natural scorer but his defense last night was impressive. Clamped up on ball and forced several turnovers off ball.

He’s a 2000’s Sg with modern day shooting.

I can see all nba defense if he really locks in on it.

Could potentially be a two way star.

11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I knew he had the components to be or will be a good defender, just took
    a lot of chances last season.

Often saw him guessing and (using a football defensive back term) often
    was seen trying to, "jump the route."

Someone spoke to him and worked with him on slowing down and just
    standing firm most of the time. Don't take yourself out of position and make
    things easy for the opponents by falling for "ALL" head fakes and jab steps.

Denovo likes this.
  12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

It was an "OK" first game. As one of his die hards I have to hold him to the level he expects of himself and his defense last night was pretty bad most of the night in particular some no contests on easy layups in the 2nd half. He will get better. His jumpshot is pure. Plenty of range and it feels like he can be one of the best 3 point shooters in the league as he's not shy to take them and he can only get better at the shot. First step is REDICK - like holy sht fast. He will feast as soon as he can initiate contact on drives and push the FT numbers in his favor. He's an assassin. He knows why you have him on the team and when its bucket gettin' time - Jalen is eager. Hard to teach that. You can see that without one of either Christopher or Green on the floor to initiate offense the team struggled so it goes to show how impactful a good wing creator can be for your team. Left me inspired watching the youth movement holding court.

dkoune and Rudyc281 like this.
  13. Denovo

Denovo Member

The level of coaching he received in the g league was definitely understated. On tape last year he was solid on ball in iso but struggled with screens and off ball rotations.

We saw improvements in both already.

Along with the possession where Mobley had him in the post and he held his own.

It’s notable that Jarrett Jack was his starting point guard last year and is now an assistant coach for the Suns.

The g league experience and coaching has him steps ahead in his development already.

ApacheWarrior and Rudyc281 like this.
  14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I also forget to mention that he looked every bit of 6’6

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Might be getting taller as we speak actually. Looked longer to me, but that could be the daisy dukes! LOL seriously though if KPJ popped another inch or more then Jalen can definitely see another growth spurt. Imagine an uber skilled backcourt of 6'7 guards. That would not suck.

16. H-town Ballistics

Gosh jalen green looks so smooth !

Rudyc281 and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  17. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Damn NBATV. Their schedule showed the Rockets-Cavs game this morning. I stayed home from work and all I get is Celtics-Hawks.... wanted to see this young nucleus.

Verbal Christ and ApacheWarrior like this.
  18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

One game. A little early to judge both Green and Cunningham. But our guy looks pretty dynamic, so even if both turn out to be studs, at least we got one of them.

Rudyc281 and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I agree with this.

I also mentioned communication is important as well. Teammates calling out where the
    screen is coming from (behind you) and where your help defense is located (attempt to
    direct the ball handler that way).

Several times I caught myself telling Jalen to slide over in this game (from TV land).
    But it's easy to see from the vantage point I had.

A time when Mobley had Sengun pinned under the rim and Green was in position to help.
    But stayed too far away to help. Sengun was left on an island pinned under the rim. Have
    no choice but to foul, usually in that circumstance. MJ or Kobe would have come
    over and got a block and saved their big man from getting a foul. Things like that
    will come. Near rim is high percentage/efficiency..... perimeter defender helps out....
    teammates from weak side rotate to cover your man if he gets the ball.

But to your point, he is more advanced from G-league experience. I saw defensive
    weaknesses in Cade in college that worried me. Became evident last night.
    He does not like guarding SG's and PG size bodies. No college zone defense
    to hide it now. You in the big leagues now Cade. Better move those feet.

#79 ApacheWarrior, Aug 9, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
    Rudyc281 and Denovo like this.
  20. VanityHalfBlack

I'll say it. He's going to win Rookie Of The Year. Cunningham or whatever his name is can eat mud for all I care. He's so loose, fast and can pretty much do it all. I can't wait till he dunks on someone!! Let's go Rockets.

Rudyc281 and ApacheWarrior like this.