1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SUMMER LEAGUE 2021!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kjayp, Jul 3, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

2. vator

vator Contributing Member

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Big time quote.

Weaver coached Tate.

4. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I understand, but I have to ask you what Cade's NBA career could be forecasted as? Simmons on D, Livingston on vision and size at the position, Oubre on a mix of shooting and athleticism?

raining threes likes this.
  5. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Yeah, quite like-minded, definitely, he makes me think of young Shumpert.
    (studying vids, i bet iman's vertical explosiveness better than jaygup)

joshuaao, raining threes and D-rock like this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

By the end of this year there will be a Sports Illustrated cover that will be titled "Your 2026 NBA champs" with Green posterizing someone on the cover.

Phillyrocket, BigM, Tfor3 and 8 others like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

8. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

His career will always be matched up with Grimes, especially for native Houstonians.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets system emphasizes maximum PACE and SPACE.

Putting up +120 a game should be the norm.

#1829 D-rock, Aug 8, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
    joshuaao, hakeem94, saleem and 6 others like this.
  10. raining threes

Hard to believe they lost to ACU with Jones/Sims on that team.

D-rock and fchowd0311 like this.
  11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Based on the eye test Green and Cade have the same height. Green looks at least an inch taller than 6'5 Okoro while Cade just looks a couple inches taller than 6'3 Tre Mann. Not sure about wingspan cuz both of them havent been measured so I wouldnt talk about wingspan we cant really say.

Tbh between the two Green looks like he has less bust rate his shooting at 35% has been consistent since high school and it never dipped even when it went to GLeague. I tried looking at Cade's % in high school but I couldnt find any, I dunno if that 40% is a career high or he really is a good 3 pt shooter in general.

But I have to say 6'6 pg is different from 6'8 pg. 6'8 pg we're talking Ben Simmons body type, 6'6 pg isnt a freak thats just a big guard.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Sims and Jones are moth athletic ability than actual skill. Dwight did more than just jump high and block shots, he was actually a good defender and covered for Rashard Lewis and Hedo Turkuglu on defense back in his prime.

raining threes likes this.
  14. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Good lord this thread grew 70 pages since I looked at it last. Summer league was fun, was very cool to see the guys in person. Sengun impressed me the most, if he didn't miss those bunnies (shots he normally makes, 65% shooter) I think he'd be getting talked about a lot more. His footwork was incredible, nobody could guard him, they just had to foul him over and over again. The guy is so skilled. Jalen Green is really fast, if @fchowd0311 was watching I'm sure he was very pleased with how much Green moves his feet trying to get open on some of those inbound plays. He runs around a lot off the ball. The KJ Martin block on Mobley was my 2nd favorite moment, my favorite was the Sengun pass between the defenders legs. Sucks that it ended up being out of bounds. Also, I thought Sengun was supposed to be bad at defense? He looked really good to me on that end as well.

I also met Ronnie Nunn in an elevator at Harrahs. I thanked him for educating the basketball world about the Harden stepback.

Wish I could stick around for more but I have to fly back home tomorrow.

joshuaao, jch1911, roslolian and 11 others like this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yup I think I mentioned in another thread his quickness off ball bodes well for clutch time in bound plays. No more worrying about our superstar scoring threat needing to commit offensive foul shoves to get open.

16. CXbby

CXbby Member

Cade shot 28% from 3 in highschool. Barnes shot a higher % when they were both on the same team together.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Out of all the top picks today Green and Barnes looked the most impressive.

My overreaction prediction is that I could see either of these guys being first team NBAers. We talked a lot about Green but Barnes all around game was super impressive. That dudes potential is whatever he wants it to be with his frame and size and apparent skills as well. I think Toronto won't be regretting that pick anytime soon.

joshuaao, JW86, roslolian and 5 others like this.
  18. raining threes

Me too,

Wanted to add Sengun and buy a 2nd rd pick for Sims. Only two more picks and Sims could've signed with the Rockets as an UDFA.

don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Thanks man. Was trying to do some googling but I couldnt find any.

Lol then I guess thats def concerning. Perhaps his 40% from 3 had more to with college comp and the lower 3 pt line, although tbf his ft percentage is the real deal at 80+% so he'll prob be fine.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

I wanted JT thor though lol. Cant believe that kid fell to 2nd round